Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2015-16 Champions Cup thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Scarlets
    I know RTE would be just as bad, but the pro-Englishness of the BT commentary would drive you demented.

Yep. And I dislike Northampton anyway, so it was very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

I know RTE would be just as bad, but the pro-Englishness of the BT commentary would drive you demented.

They spent at least 10 mins of the game searching for Eddie Jones in the crowd.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Munster
    Bookies are clever feckers.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Moflojo

Saracens are playing some really good stuff at the moment. Simple offloading rugby, draw & pass. They'll be tough to beat.

Scarlets
    Moflojo wrote: »
    Saracens are playing some really good stuff at the moment. Simple offloading rugby, draw & pass. They'll be tough to beat.

Finished 55 - 13. Ashton MOTM. :eek:

Bath taking a hammering at home from Wasps
    4 mins left bath 10 wasps 36

Gopperth motm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

http://www.punditarena.com/rugby/adrumm/watch-84kg-george-ford-get-smashed-by-125kg-nathan-hughes/

well lancaster got one thing right, farrell is a better defender then Ford :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

Ospreys and Bordeaux-Begles is a good game. Ospreys turning down points despite being 10 down.

Bonus point for Bordeaux-Begles. Idiots on Sky were on about how brave Ospreys were being. Turning down 3 points to aimlessly take quick taps isn't being brave its being stupid.

• Advertisement

Unbelievably stupid intercept gives Ospreys their 4th try and a chance to steal it late on.

Very strange finish. Bordeaux-Begles take a scrum with the last play, win another penalty and take the kick at goal. Hard to know the reasoning. If they are level with Ospreys I suppose they'd be ahead on head to head but strange call all the same.

All to play for in that group.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Wasps
    Wasps looking the form team in the comp so far, certainly puts Leinster's result against them into perspective anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Wasps
    CatFromHue wrote: »
    Wasps looking the form team in the comp so far, certainly puts Leinster's result against them into perspective anyway.

Puts the performance against Bath into perspective too in fairness, tonight's result.

Top 4 teams as I see it in the semis

Saracens
    Toulon
    Racing metro
    Exeter chiefs

Wasps
    Think this looks like it could be Saracens year, but Toulon were very good in parts today, lovely handling and running savage lines. Leinster did exceptional well to contain them, but looks like there is another gear there for the reigning champions.

• Advertisement

Think this looks like it could be Saracens year, but Toulon were very good in parts today, lovely handling and running savage lines. Leinster did exceptional well to contain them, but looks like there is another gear there for the reigning champions.

Nonu will get better as the season goes on. They just have too much power. Leinster have to make the pro12 final to get a better seeding next season. Thats got to be the only goal now for leo. They have shown enough against toulon that most other pro12 teams wouldnt be able to live with

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Watching Exeter/Clermont, Camille Lopez went in on one of the exeter players shoulder first and completely upended him. Like a spear tackle without arms

He's now in the bin

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Wasps
    Yup that's a red

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Yup that's a red

Only got a yellow, I imagine he'll be cited?

Clermont are murdering Exeter, 35-3 with 25 mins to go.

• Advertisement

Wasps
    Yeah that has to be a citing and a ban of a few weeks.

2 yellows in two minutes for Clermont for collapsing the maul on their try line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Ospreys
    Hogg butchers an overlap, costs a certain try. Which is a shame. Anyone watching?

Dan Carter just missed touch from a penalty. Glasgow were so sure he wasn't gonna make it they had no one there, still didn't find touch. That's a souvenir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Naiyaravoro just absolutely boshing past 3 players before Carter takes one for the team. Amazing scenes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Just checked to see if I spelt his name properly^^^. I'm the real winner during the Champions Cup weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭stadedublinois

Naiyaravoro just absolutely boshing past 3 players before Carter takes one for the team. Amazing scenes.

He is almost 50kg heavier than his opposite winger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

When I saw him in the flesh in the RDS this season he was twice the size of Rob Harley who's a flanker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

Wasps
    This Racing team is pretty strong this year. I can see them doing well in all comps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

nice try by Glasgow - the human octopus does it again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Ospreys
    wp_rathead wrote: »
    nice try by Glasgow - the human octopus does it again

Why did they waste that move in a dead European match. Glorious try.

• Advertisement

Scarlets
    This Racing team is pretty strong this year. I can see them doing well in all comps.

They should be scoring a bonus pt today, but only three minutes left.

Edit: spoke too soon. That was some try at the death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

Wasps
    vienne86 wrote: »
    They should be scoring a bonus pt today, but only three minutes left.

Edit: spoke too soon. That was some try at the death.

Yes, I was surprised it took them so long tbh. They seemed to lose some shape/concentration when DC left.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Sky ask how you stop that maul from Racing. Easy, don't allow it to start. Step off it and don't form the maul.

Chris Masoe is a social hand grenade. Hahahahaha.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Munster
    Are BT showing the Leicester game for free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

molloyjh wrote: »
    Chris Masoe is a social hand grenade. Hahahahaha.

Who said that?

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Who said that?

Will Greenwood. Masoe and Carter were being interviewed together and Carter was being asked how he was enjoying his time in France. And while Carter was trying to be the consummate professional in front of the camera Masoe started butting in with comments about red wine. Carter got embarrassed and said something about being a pro athlete. Masoe was like a kid down the back of class throughout. It was pretty funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Normally I would do a long winded permutations post/thread but with one province left I'm not bothered this season. :(

Wasps
    Bath putting it up to Toulon, 9-9.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Clancy has decided he's not going to hand the game to Bath. Allowed a multitude of offences from Toulon to go unpunished.

He had no hesitation down the other end though. 12-9 to Toulon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,391 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Bath showing how you should play Toulon. Varying the point of attack and pulling their pack across the pitch. Not trying to bash through the middle as they know they won't get much from there. I was impressed with how Leinster played Toulon, but they tried to go through the Toulon without much success. Bath's attack is more sphisticTed than Leinster's at this moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

What the hell was that noise?? Was that Ugo Monye? Someone was either having the best time of their life or the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

corny wrote: »
    Clancy has decided he's not going to hand the game to Bath. Allowed a multitude of offences from Toulon to go unpunished.

He had no hesitation down the other end though. 12-9 to Toulon.

He's been incredibly bad the breakdown. Toulon are allowed to slow the ball and get 5 seconds to get their hands off after a warning. Bath get nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

I hate Toulon so much.

Scarlets
    That was some performance by Bath - Leinster beware next weekend.

• Advertisement

Wasps
    Toulon will need to win both their remaining games to get through probably. Clancy gave nothing to Bath. Really hope Bath win the return fixture and more or less knock Toulon out.

Scarlets
    Hagz wrote: »
    I hate Toulon so much.

As much as I hate BT Sport, I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,391 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

vienne86 wrote: »
    That was some performance by Bath - Leinster beware next weekend.

They played very well. Scrum in particular was a weapon and they've already shown Leinster how good it is. At the same time Leinster have improved since the tim they played Bath at the Rec so it should be a hood game. Looking forward to it.

Wasps
    Bath have lost more than they've won this season. I'll be disappointed if Leinster can't beat them, they did well today but they've failed to back it up several times this season after good performances. Wasps only scraped a win today at home to Worcester so I'd be hopeful of beating them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

He's been incredibly bad the breakdown. Toulon are allowed to slow the ball and get 5 seconds to get their hands off after a warning. Bath get nothing.

He and most other referees tbf. Toulon habitually get away with murder in that area. Tackler not releasing, hands on the deck passed the ball to establish position, the infringement above etc. At almost every ruck you can pick something out thats at least borderline.

I don't think its a conspiracy or anything.... i actually think its because they compete so aggressively that they get away with it. Forcing the ref to make tight decisions at every ruck seems to numb them over the course of the game. Still, it can get irritating.

• Advertisement
Advertisement