Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone switched from an iPad Air to a Mini?

• 11-11-2015 2:42pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I know this question has been asked ad-nauseam, especially when the Mini first came out, but I'd be interested hear any recent thoughts on it in light of the Air and the Air 2's greater portability.

All my previous iPads were 9.7-inch models. I had planned to switch to the Mini when the 2nd gen came out, but ended up getting the Air instead and was very happy with it. However, my usage remained much the same, i.e. I used it a lot but it rarely left my bedroom and tended to compete with my Macbook but rather poorly given the lack of keyboard.

I recently passed my Air on to my mother but am now torn about what to replace it with. I'm tempted by the Mini once again as I wonder if might be more inclined to carry it with me. The smaller screen will make typing more difficult, but typing on the iPad is pretty poor no matter how big the screen is. I'm just worried that I'll find the screen too small after using the standard size iPad for so long.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭shanec1928

I have a mini used to use it a good bit when I had a 5s but once I upgrade to the plus I found I used it less and less mainly due to being not much bigger than the plus. So if you have a plus id definitely just go for the air.

Advertisement