Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raspberry Pi relay board

Options
  • 11-11-2015 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

This is a a long shot but:

I don't suppose anyone has ever used this relay board with an Rpi2?

I have it connected to the Pi but i2cdetect isn't detecting it. There is some sample code on that page but it refers to the address as /dev/i2c-x. There are jumpers on the board but changing these (to the correct address) doesn't help.

Has anyone used one and/or any ideas?

Also, I have a few of them and they all aren't detected by the Pi!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Have you tried the usual Unix troubleshooting commands to see what is going on?

Off the top of my head, dmesg. But there's many more that escape me right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Is I2C enabled in raspi-config?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

Not this board, but I have some i2c stuff running with RPI. I think i2c module is not (or was not) enabled by default.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Whats the output of:
    lsmod | grep i2c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

Yeah - I got this working. Turned out to be a bit of a blonde moment - the i2c module was blacklisted, by default. Removing the blacklist enabled the module. All good now, thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement