Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elite Dangerous question

Options
  • 11-11-2015 3:48pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Really, one big one, is it worth getting?
    I'm sick of waiting for No Man's Sky and now I own a XB1 I can buy Elite Dangerous instead, but is it finished, is it worth downloading, I see there is no physical release as yet, which is unfortunate.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Really, one big one, is it worth getting?
    I'm sick of waiting for No Man's Sky and now I own a XB1 I can buy Elite Dangerous instead, but is it finished, is it worth downloading, I see there is no physical release as yet, which is unfortunate.

I downloaded a full demo, you get 60 days I think. you could pay to unlock but the game was in Beta. I think I remember getting a message saying it is now out of beta, I could be wrong.

I didn't rate it tbh, I didn't make it past the tutorials at the start. Maybe the actual gameplay is a bit more exciting but I found it extremely boring. They've done very little to modernize it. It was a fantastic game in it's day but I don't think it has any relevance compared to todays standards.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Thanks, I was a fan of the original and played it in BBC:B, C64 and Spectrum, and played a bit of the sequel on the Amiga too.
    I think I'll buy it anyway, thanks for the help though.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I really like it, once the initial addiction wore off it does seem a bit grindy but I still dip in and out of it on a regular basis. Will likely buy the planetary landings expansion when it comes out next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

Playing it, it becomes clear it was designed as a VR experience. Wish it was coming to Gear VR...

It's alright on Xbox one but it really needs head tracking tbh.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Yup I am kinda in the grind, there really isn't a whole lot to do in the grand scheme of things. Most of the missions are a bit crap i.e jump around looking at USS hoping to run into something which is a terrible idea. But I am hoping it gets better.

I usually hang around res sites taking out pirates, can easily make 1 million creds within an hour if there's a lot around. Once I have the money I'll probably buy an Asp or Dimaondback Explorer and head for Sagittarius A*.

• Advertisement
Advertisement