Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband line speed capability, Crossmolina

Options
  • 11-11-2015 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

I'm currently a Sky customer for home phone line and broadband, so this is an eir line. I am only 1.0km from the exchange. My Sky broadband router is connected at 7Mbps down and I can get ~6Mbps download speed from a speed test at quiet times.

A couple of weeks ago I checked on the eir website (using the landline phone number) and it told me I could get up to 12Mbps.

I've checked again today and it is now telling me I could only get up to 3Mbps. (But note I'm already connected at 7Mbps.)

Could you let me know what broadband speeds the equipment in the Crossmolina exchange is capable of please? I'm happy to PM my landline number and/or UAN.

Also, are you able to give any indication of when fibre service might be available to me? The site below says Q1 2016 but that could be anything from start of Jan to end of March.
    fibrerollout dot ie slash where-and-when

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

I'm currently a Sky customer for home phone line and broadband, so this is an eir line. I am only 1.0km from the exchange. My Sky broadband router is connected at 7Mbps down and I can get ~6Mbps download speed from a speed test at quiet times.

A couple of weeks ago I checked on the eir website (using the landline phone number) and it told me I could get up to 12Mbps.

I've checked again today and it is now telling me I could only get up to 3Mbps. (But note I'm already connected at 7Mbps.)

Could you let me know what broadband speeds the equipment in the Crossmolina exchange is capable of please? I'm happy to PM my landline number and/or UAN.

Also, are you able to give any indication of when fibre service might be available to me? The site below says Q1 2016 but that could be anything from start of Jan to end of March.
    fibrerollout dot ie slash where-and-when
    Hi JungleMartin

No problem, please PM me your land line number and I'll check the maximum speed your line can hold.

In relation to efibre I will be unable to offer you a more specific date or time-frame beyond what the site you referenced advises.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭JungleMartin

Just for the benefit of anyone else who looks at this thread, e.g. researching current maximum speeds in Crossmolina...

I have checked again today and the eir website is still telling me: [font=eir-medium-web, 'Arial Medium']You can get a maximum of [/font][font=eir-medium-web, 'Arial Medium']12Mb[/font][font=eir-medium-web, 'Arial Medium'] [/font][font=eir-medium-web, 'Arial Medium']download speed[/font]
    (This is after doing a check on my exact phone number.)

However, following my PM, I was told that the exchange simply cannot provide that; in fact, what I'm currently getting (7Mbps connection/6Mbps throughput) is almost the maximum.

Hopefully this just needs some back end info to be corrected so that the website takes into the account the real current maximum.

Just for the benefit of anyone else who looks at this thread, e.g. researching current maximum speeds in Crossmolina...

I have checked again today and the eir website is still telling me: [font=eir-medium-web, 'Arial Medium']You can get a maximum of [/font][font=eir-medium-web, 'Arial Medium']12Mb[/font][font=eir-medium-web, 'Arial Medium'] [/font][font=eir-medium-web, 'Arial Medium']download speed[/font]
    (This is after doing a check on my exact phone number.)

However, following my PM, I was told that the exchange simply cannot provide that; in fact, what I'm currently getting (7Mbps connection/6Mbps throughput) is almost the maximum.

Hopefully this just needs some back end info to be corrected so that the website takes into the account the real current maximum.
    Hi JungleMartin

You have every right to be disappointed by this and apologies are clearly in order for the wrong information displayed on the site.

I will of course make sure online operations are updated on this situation.

Thanks
    Al

Thanks Al. Next thing to hope for is that fibre to my local cabinet comes within the next few months. Fingers crossed.

Thanks Al. Next thing to hope for is that fibre to my local cabinet comes within the next few months. Fingers crossed.
    Of course JungleMartin - Fingers crossed :)

Al

• Advertisement

Time to ask about Crossmolina again...

This page (fibrerollout dot ie / where-and-when ) says the following at the point on the map where the exchange is.

[font=arial, sans-serif]CMA1_E01[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Fibre Broadband Cabinet is expected to go Live on 20-Jan-16[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Crossmolina[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Estimated date for first Live Fibre Services is 20 January 2016[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]So my question is, is it live yet?[/font]

<bump>

Time to ask about Crossmolina again...

This page (fibrerollout dot ie / where-and-when ) says the following at the point on the map where the exchange is.

[font=arial, sans-serif]CMA1_E01[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Fibre Broadband Cabinet is expected to go Live on 20-Jan-16[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Crossmolina[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Estimated date for first Live Fibre Services is 20 January 2016[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]So my question is, is it live yet?[/font]
    Hi JungleMartin

Yes the cabinet number CMA1_E01 has gone live.

Your line is connected to CMA1_003 - which has not been activated yet as more works are required and at this moment in time the best timeframe we can offer is that it should be activate within the next 12 months

Thanks
    Al

Thanks Al. Is it feasible to be connected to CMA1_E01 instead? (which looks like it is actually the exchange) It's literally only 1.0km away.

Thanks Al. Is it feasible to be connected to CMA1_E01 instead? (which looks like it is actually the exchange) It's literally only 1.0km away.
    I'm sorry JungleMartin

Unfortunately eir do not offer a service where upon a line can be changed to a different cabinet.

AL

• Advertisement
Advertisement