Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NASRPC's refusal to allow affiliation of clubs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

cra wrote: »
    Homerhop I see where you might get confused by what I said as I assumed you would have read some of my other posts. The 1/3 I was talking about referred to the 5 clubs that seem to have been left on the sideline for what ever reason. The division is even more serious, of the 15 clubs that would normally be affiliated to the NASRPC 8 have requested an EGM that is more than 1/2 the clubs.

Its interesting that you think that clubs should ballot their members on whether they want to stay with or leave the NASRPC?

To try and answer your question, what middle ground? I'll go back to the beginning, some member clubs and some clubs that thought they were members disagreed with the committees actions regarding the SC, by actions I mean leaving the SC and the way they left the SC etc. these clubs were either ignored or dismissed (no middle ground there). What should have happened is that the EGM should have been called and the committee would have answered to the members and faced their critics, some form of debate would have followed and at the end a solution (some middle ground). But that is all shoulda, woulda, coulda and its probably to late now anyway the harm is done.

Ok so now we are at 8/7
    8 clubs are unhappy with the committee 7 are not, the 8 clubs get their way at the agm and the committee are replaced, then what? You keep going on about the clubs that are unhappy with things, what about those of us who are happy that they left the sports coalition?no one is answering me, what are those 8 clubs proposals for those of us who do not want involvement with the SC.
    Are you all happy with the behaviour of some of individuals in the SC, do you see them as squeaky clean and everyone else being wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭habitformin

homerhop wrote: »
    Why are you so against the Sports Coalition?
    I don't understand how someone could not want a united representation . Did they do something. You are not happy about or say something you didn't agree with? This is the information I am missing why is there such bad feeling between the SC and the NASRPC? Is it a Leinster versus the rest or what , now don't take this as a veiled attack it isn't . Just what is the core of the issue? It shouldn't be that hard to explain .?

I do not agree with some of the individuals who are sitting on the SC panel. I do not believe they we good for shooting sports in this country. I would seriously question how some individuals have been appointed to the SC committee, and if I had the money belonging to others to use on a solicitor I would certainly be looking into meetings and messages that they have had to the detriment of other shooting bodies.

Now everyone seems to be avoiding answering my question.
    What middle ground is going to be sought for those of us in the NASRPC who do not want the organisation to be part of the SC?

In truth I cannot answer your question.I do not know what to say to you in that regard.
    All I can say is it seemed to be working in so far as together with one voice we managed to secure some firearms when all before was nothing but bad news.
    I don't know any more than the next man but united we actually got real results .
    I wish for those results to continue.
    With the split there now that looks like it won't be fixed we now will have instead of them v us ,a situation of them v us and those guys.
    If you think that's better then I can't change your mind. If you think several smaller organisations all fighting their own corner is better than one United larger one all supporting each other then so be it.
    I think that is not better I think that is the wrong approach.United we stand Divided we fall. Various larger center fire rifles will go first .possibly semi autos and under lever.then semi auto shotguns.then pump action then semi auto rim.then bolt action center fire large calibres .meanwhile centre fire pistols will go then all pistols .etc etc etc .make no mistake no quarter will be given once this starts . And no section will be spared.
    Think I am all just doom and gloom . Ask any one in Australia.
    If you think of a better way than unity I am open to suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭badaj0z

You say the wishes of 1/3 of the clubs are being ignored. Now I know I may not be the most educated of people but that still leaves 2/3. Does anyone know for definite (not hear say or Johnny from down the road told me cos he heard it from a reliable source) what the other 2/3 of clubs feel.

We have spoken to all of the clubs Homer. As has the committee. The 5 "slow paying"clubs want a change, 4 clubs who can vote want a change, 3 clubs are waiting to see what happens at the AGM and 4 clubs support the current committee. If it was an EGM and each club had one vote, then the outcome is obvious,even if the non aligned clubs went with the committee. Indications are that these 3 "wait and see" clubs are more likely to look for a change than protect the status quo. At the AGM, the floor votes and the members from 5 clubs are not allowed to vote. This in itself is an interesting point for the committee's supporters to ponder on. On an issue as fundamental to the future of the sport as this is, surely all the stake holders should have a vote and not be barred because they are likely to vote in a way that the current committee does not like? So the outcome depends on who turns up from which clubs.I should point out that clubs will not vote en bloc. There will be members of clubs aligned with either side who will vote against that alignment depending on what they think of the presentations. It should be an interesting and informative meeting. I believe that many of the members of the clubs supporting the current committee have taken the lead from their committees and have not heard the evidence which has turned the "pro change " clubs against the committee. We shall see.

In truth I cannot answer your question.I do not know what to say to you in that regard.
    All I can say is it seemed to be working in so far as together with one voice we managed to secure some firearms when all before was nothing but bad news.
    I don't know any more than the next man but united we actually got real results .
    With the split there now that looks like it won't be fixed we now will have instead of them v us ,a situation of them v us and those guys.
    If you think that's better then I can't change your mind. If you think several smaller organisations all fighting their own corner is better than one United larger one all supporting each other then so be it.
    I think that is not better I think that is the wrong approach.United we stand Divided we fall. Various larger center fire rifles will go first .possibly semi autos and under lever.then semi auto shotguns.then pump action then semi auto rim.then bolt action center fire large calibres .meanwhile centre fire pistols will go then all pistols .etc etc etc .make no mistake no quarter will be given once this starts . And no section will be spared.

Thank you for your straight answer.
    I believe in unity also. I also believe that the NASRPC should have been given a seat by the SC. I will say this and it's just my opinion. An individual with a very big ego who is in the SC has a lot to answer for. I believe the minister had a lot more on the table in favour of the shooting community until she received a solicitors letter from the SC and it got binned.
    I don't want to see things the way they are, or awkwardness on the range between individuals who were once friends (it's happening already).
    But until clubs sit down and talk things through in a sensible manner and not as a for or against things look pretty bleak. Now you may say an egm would have sorted that I disagree. Emotions are too high. Personally I would like each club be they pro or anti SC nominate an individual and let them go into a room sort out what issues both sides have,bring back their agreement to their clubs and go from there.

Thank you for your straight answer.
    I believe in unity also. I also believe that the NASRPC should have been given a seat by the SC. I will say this and it's just my opinion. An individual with a very big ego who is in the SC has a lot to answer for. I believe the minister had a lot more on the table in favour of the shooting community until she received a solicitors letter from the SC and it got binned.
    I don't want to see things the way they are, or awkwardness on the range between individuals who were once friends (it's happening already).
    But until clubs sit down and talk things through in a sensible manner and not as a for or against things look pretty bleak. Now you may say an egm would have sorted that I disagree. Emotions are too high. Personally I would like each club be they pro or anti SC nominate an individual and let them go into a room sort out what issues both sides, bring it back to their agreement to their clubs and go from there.
    Now that is a good idea.

• Advertisement

badaj0z wrote: »
    The clubs calling for an EGM are are Munster TSC, Lough Bo, Dublin Rifle Club, BRC, Mourne.. Other clubs that have called for an EGM but whose requests have been disallowed because they "did not pay in time" are:
    An Riocht, ECSC, Gorey. Clubs that have not called for an EGM, because they are waiting to see what happens at the AGM are Suirside, Eagles, IPAP, Fermoy. Clubs that support the current committee are Harbour House, HIlltop, Bracken and Donegal. This is a snapshot of a moving situation and can obviously change at any time.
    In summary, 8 clubs want the committee out, 4 clubs want them to stay and 4 clubs are waiting to see what at happens at the AGM. I believe that, once the issues are aired at the EGM/AGM, then the support for the current committee will fall away. All it will take to achieve this is for only one of the undecided to decide for a change.
    This is a very sorry state and reflects very badly on the committee that brought this about. Far from uniting and growing our sport, they have achieved the opposite and this fact alone should be enough to make them resign in shame.
    This was posted by me some days ago. The committee disallowed 1 of the clubs that had paid for reasons known only unto themselves.One club moved out of the "wait and see" category into the pro EGM category leading us to the figures shown in post 377 above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 downrange

Hi badaj0z, can you please confirm the lists below:

Affiliated
    Munster
    Lough Bo
    Dublin Rifle Club
    BRC
    Mourne
    Harbour House
    Hilltop
    Bracken
    Donegal
    Suirside
    Eagles
    IPA

Not Affiliated due to late payment in 2015
    An Riocht
    ECSC
    Gorey

Other
    Fermoy - have not been affiliated for some time of their own accord.

An individual with a very big ego who is in the SC has a lot to answer for. I believe the minister had a lot more on the table in favour of the shooting community until she received a solicitors letter from the SC and it got binned.

Now that is a good idea.

I heard similar ,however I heard it was a current member of the NASRPC committee that caused that exact same scenario.
    Now someone must be telling pork pies .
    I am not accusing you tho homerhop .either you were deceived or I was .

Just a thought I trust my source implicitly . Do you trust your source.

Yes 100%. I have spoken to them over the years on various things and they have always been upfront and honest

• Advertisement

Yes 100%. I have spoken to them over the years on various things and they have always been upfront and honest

Okay then,we will discuss this over a beer after the truth is out I think.
    Time will tell.

When the NASRPC came out looking for organisations to unite that the DOJ were looking to tighten things up and more restrictions, there was a thread here blowing them out of the water. All sorts of accusations were made against them. Rumours were rife and they were accused of many things. What unfolded was proven to show they were right. I also firmly believe they were right to pull away from the SC. I hand on heart believe the SC has turned into a massage group to put an individual up on an even higher pedestal. They are just my personal views despite being called an apologist for the NASRPC and named off in a list with others who believe they were right as if we are some sort of outcast.

Now I am going to leave it at that as I has stated my view as you all have yours. I wish A happy Christmas to you and your families and hope to see you all in various clubs next year

When the NASRPC came out looking for organisations to unite that the DOJ were looking to tighten things up and more restrictions, there was a thread here blowing them out of the water. All sorts of accusations were made against them. Rumours ere rife and they were accused of many things. What unfolded was proven to show they were right. I also firmly believe they were right to pull away from the SC. I hand on heart believe the SC has turned into a massage group to put an individual up on an even higher pedestal. They are just my personal views despite being called an apologist for the NASRPC and named off in a list with others who believe they were right as if we are some sort of outcast.

Now I am going to leave it at that as I has stated my view as you all have yours. I wish A happy Christmas to you and your families and hope to see you all in various clubs next year

Happy Christmas homerhop to you and all yours.,-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

There are members on the SC panel that represent 1 member & another that represents 2/4 ppl. Would this be correct?

But the NASRPC had no place on that panel. The NASRPC that is the second largest shooting group in the country
    Is it any wonder they pull away from them

I wish I could Downrange but the NASRPC has not said who they believe to be affiliated or not. Some of the clubs you list had paid before the current debacle had begun but seem to have been "unaffiliated" as regards being able to call for an EGM, Perhaps you may be in a better position than me to clarify this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 downrange

It all seems to be a bit of a mystery as to which Clubs are affiliated and which ones are not.

If anyone on here can clarify, it would be very useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭ntipptop

downrange wrote: »
    It all seems to be a bit of a mystery as to which Clubs are affiliated and which ones are not.

Scalachi, your up, you of this knowledge, should be easy able to show us this information
    even just update your website should be enough

ntipptop wrote: »
    downrange wrote: »

Scalachi, your up, you of this knowledge, should be easy able to show us this information
    even just update your website should be enough

Yes Scalachi,
    Can you enlighten us as to the official NASRPC list of affiliated clubs for 2015.
    And further can you let us know how many called for an EGM. That is did five affiliated clubs request an EGM and was that enough. Also for our information, according to your Constitution how many are needed to make it happen.
    That's not too much to ask is it.

Well scalachi must be Christmas shopping so can anyone else from the NASRPC post the information or at least point us in the direction of the truth?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

Well scalachi must be Christmas shopping so can anyone else from the NASRPC post the information or at least point us in the direction of the truth?
    Thanks.

Jesus man Your like a dog with a bone. Just go to the AGM and ask maybe then your mind will be put at ease.

• Advertisement

BillBen wrote: »
    Thanks.

Jesus man Your like a dog with a bone. Just go to the AGM and ask maybe then your mind will be put at ease.

And you can talk billBen??
    What's the matter with finding out what went on? And what's your problem? Seems you are some apologist for this committee or something.? Why can't we get the facts? And how come you are so fast just to let all this bullhs1t and clandestine behaviour be totally accepted? What's your angle? I can just see how you would react if your club was unceremoniously booted out of an organisation for calling out a committee that had gotten to big for its boots.you would probably go ape sh1t
    I want to know now what went on now,not in a room in a hotel and given ten minutes to go over the facts and make a decision then. I like to be informed as soon as a duck up is made so it can weigh up my options .You seem so happy and snug with the status quo. At least you can vote or your club can vote I cannot.
    I wonder if the shoe was on the other foot would you be running around waving your own bone around screaming blue murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

And you can talk billBen??
    What's the matter with finding out what went on? And what's your problem? Seems you are some apologist for this committee or something.? Why can't we get the facts? And how come you are so fast just to let all this bullhs1t and clandestine behaviour be totally accepted? What's your angle? I can just see how you would react if your club was unceremoniously booted out of an organisation for calling out a committee that had gotten to big for its boots.you would probably go ape sh1t
    I want to know now what went on now,not in a room in a hotel and given ten minutes to go over the facts and make a decision then. I like to be informed as soon as a duck up is made so it can weigh up my options .You seem so happy and snug with the status quo. At least you can vote or your club can vote I cannot.
    I wonder if the shoe was on the other foot would you be running around waving your own bone around screaming blue murder.

I'm waiting till the AGM to ask my questions simple as that. And I'm sure somebody will ask the questions you want answers too. Understandably your annoyed but it doesn't matter how many times you ask I doubt you'll find the answers you want here.

Well who is in charge of the website of the NASRPC ? Their PRO ? If he is or whoever it is wouldn't you think they could do us and themselves a favour and update the bloody thing ,this is ridiculous!
    It's really not a lot to ask to find out the facts .
    And again why this secrecy .
    Okay don't put it on here update the website and come on here and say ."hi folks website updated" how hard is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭ntipptop

Happy christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Well who is in charge of the website of the NASRPC ? Their PRO ? If he is or whoever it is wouldn't you think they could do us and themselves a favour and update the bloody thing ,this is ridiculous!
    It's really not a lot to ask to find out the facts .
    And again why this secrecy .
    Okay don't put it on here update the website and come on here and say ."hi folks website updated" how hard is that?

They may not have easy access to their website. They might rely on a web developer/designer to make updates. You'd be surprised how many companies and organisations don't have access to their own websites, or don't have an adequate maintenance and update agreement with the developer. Although this could be why the NASRPC hasn't updated their website, I am sure there are other means of communication. In the mean time. I say let the Christmas period pass and then ask questions afterwards.

I wish you all a happy Christmas and hope to become a part of a functioning represented sport when I start shooting next year.

Many happy returns to all .

Happy new year one and all hope everything works out for the affected clubs. Hope that the committee either gets a grip on reality or we get a new one. Either way let's all try to get on and continue with good clean competing in 2016 .

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭jb88

To the vast majority Its time to grow up and smell the coffee.

I support the current committee and so should you and this is why.

I am making my first appearance here, so apologies for protocol disruptions, I don't have 1000+ comments only one and I hope you find it valid.

, I would like to add some points, these relate to many of the NASRPC Committee detractors on this forum. I am in not a member of the committee. I am a National Gallery Rifle Squad member. (Have been for a number of years)

If you are a lay person then this is not an impartial view. Its reality if you are a shooter in Ireland. I am not like many on this forum who disagree with the current committee. " I have some concerns but nothing l really cant live with", I have some questions and even some motions for the AGM and I don't doubt these issues will be resolved at the AGM.

But if you ask to leave and refuse to engage then its you who lose out, your club and your members a moment of madness perhaps Lets hope you see fit to apologise and you need too, given that letter to the NASRPC, then its what ultimately what you wanted, why cry after the fact. ??? Why keep commenting unless you want to make amends, but I don't think so. Prove me wrong.

Understand NASRPC is national not just in Kerry, its National just like its title.

It also doesn't and hasn't sat with ECSSC - who have cancelled NASRPC shoots for the last three years. If your not a member anymore then why all the negative discourse. I know when I attended there a few years ago I had some great times with some of the Clay guys and it was excellent. Thanks again.

*****If you ARE a member of a club I would urge you to attend the AGM and have your say, *********

But PAY your 10 euro and have your club pay, its too small a price to even comprehend. Anyone who says they don't have the money is frankly lying as shooting is not a cheap sport as we all know. Pay that first and get your club to collect it. (This is why)

It pays for your targets, your medals, court cases of which there will be many more in the coming months, I know I was at one just before Christmas. (From now on as an Individual you will have to pay for court cases) Why because the funds wont be there. Its the same for the NARGC - they wont be paying for them. The only ones paying will be you and the NASRPC if they can afford it and if anyone pays.

Its a non profit organization. They covered one case I know about because I attended, and may have covered another this year and they are not cheap. It looks like there may be two more from some very high profile competitors in the near future who need your support, because they are our friends and fellow competitors and I will do all that is required in a personal capacity to help them in any way possible.

This is the reality for some of the NASRPC members, who have competed for 10 years or more at the highest stage. (But really you could be next when your chief super denies you a licence and you have to go to court to get your "golf club" back)

Clubs I understand are looking for some cash from the NASRPC events, It costs money in Tea and Coffee etc to do these things and this should be accounted for, but please provide some club RO'S. on the day of these events, It could so easily be one of your members or you who needs backing for a case in the future. Having one of your members at a national competition as an RO advising a new competitor will do lots for their confidence, this I know.

If a national competition is going on in your club, please attend. I see maybe the same faces year in year out and frankly its getting boring. Even in my own club. You or your clubmate is going to need that revenue generated from that entry fee to pay for upgrades to their own club, court cases and targets and medals. If you have 10 or 100 members, their participation is required to safeguard our sports future. Its not run on fresh air and hand shakes

Every club if they need revenue for themselves can organize and advertise via the NASRPC. 150 plus travel to Lough Bo every year, its an amazing place packed full of some of the best people in the world who love shooting. Its one of the stellar events of the national calendar, I know I would travel there a few times to compete in their club events should they choose to invite me ;-) as would many others. To assist and help them raise funds for the promotion of the sport they cherish

Forget about the Sports Coalition - a complete waste of time. If your still going on about that time to find another sport as you are not informed or haven't bothered in the last 6 months.

The SC is dead to any target shooter in Ireland as a group, they will not represent you when you need it,

The NASRPC contributes towards International shoots and will continue long after all of this is over. (If you only knew how complex this is to organize your eyes would pop, so thank you famed Italian footballer schillaci In addition to many other things, all of which help and promote target shooting in Ireland. Paying towards maintenance and new facilities in clubs nationally.

Not one of the present committee members has anything to gain financially with the NASRPC, Ask any one, in fact it costs them to be members in time away from family and UNPAID Leave ,travel expenses not claimed by them when they should, for meetings and organizing national events. You all know whom im talking about, you may moan, but I guarantee here and now it will take 4 if not more to do the job of one man in particular on that committee in terms of organizing.

All shooting and NASRPC Events nationally and internationally will be damaged beyond repair if the current committee in its present form are not allowed to continue and voted back in. I know this because I have seen the progression of the sport in Ireland since 2008

You as a member or your club as a member have this powerful group backing you up as a lobby group because of these committee members and their dedication to the sport. Remember they are shooters as well, if we lose they lose as well

"Solo Runs", rubbish ive been hearing about, when your local TD is the minister for Justice and you want to go and speak to them go ahead. Remember that person is one of us a fellow shooter, without him we would be in a much worse place. If more of us did this with our local TD and made it more of a national issue and tried to educate the public at every level maybe our sport would be in a better place.

The NASRPC are there to organize and co ordinate primarily Gallery Rifle and Pistol shooting in Ireland, in addition to sporting rifle and benchrest among many other disciplines for the clubs, that's not always their remit, but thats what they do for us and you are not a shooter unless you are thankful for this. The NASRPC - represents the Clubs yes, but without the clubs membership and club members participating and voting there would be very little if any target shooting taking place in Ireland.

2000+ members gets a lot of ears when it is required in powerful places, its time to call in those favours and educate.
    Shooters are the most law abiding group in Ireland, we have to be. We are the only sport regulated by the Gardaí. (Start using the NASRPC as a lobby group) But don't moan.

Shooting in Ireland has much to lose in Ireland from this public forum having read some of the most un informed churn over the course of the last few weeks and I know because I shoot Nationally and Internationally as many do, but not some of the most ardent detractors of the NARSPC Committee on this forum. I have seen the confusion.

Get informed and stop keyboard warrior ing - frankly its just amusing and sad. Speak for shooters nationally and not your own enclave. There are too many fifedoms operating completely independently.

Name another target shooting organization who provides - National competitions and to the amount, the NASRPC does.
    I know many of you on this forum - you all have your own agenda some good some informative and some downright disruptive in your attempts to undermine a group of volunteers who have devoted and sacrificed at a number of levels most will not understand. Their personal sacrifice in all of this over a number of years. Not just today or yesterday but for years through illnesses and much more will need no further information to some but much to others.

Im not impartial Im informed. Most of the guys on this forum wont be at the AGM of that I know.

If your club has a problem and your a member then get it on at the AGM and if not attend as an individual, but don't throw all your toys out of the pram and expect them to be put back in. There is no Mother or Father here to pick them up, you have to get out and do that yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

jb88 wrote: »
    To the vast majority Its time to grow up and smell the coffee.

I support the current committee and so should you and this is why.

I am making my first appearance here, so apologies for protocol disruptions, I don't have 1000+ comments only one and I hope you find it valid.

, I would like to add some points, these relate to many of the NASRPC Committee detractors on this forum. I am in not a member of the committee. I am a National Gallery Rifle Squad member. (Have been for a number of years)

If you are a lay person then this is not an impartial view. Its reality if you are a shooter in Ireland. I am not like many on this forum who disagree with the current committee. " I have some concerns but nothing l really cant live with", I have some questions and even some motions for the AGM and I don't doubt these issues will be resolved at the AGM.

But if you ask to leave and refuse to engage then its you who lose out, your club and your members a moment of madness perhaps Lets hope you see fit to apologise and you need too, given that letter to the NASRPC, then its what ultimately what you wanted, why cry after the fact. ??? Why keep commenting unless you want to make amends, but I don't think so. Prove me wrong.

Understand NASRPC is national not just in Kerry, its National just like its title.

It also doesn't and hasn't sat with ECSSC - who have cancelled NASRPC shoots for the last three years. If your not a member anymore then why all the negative discourse. I know when I attended there a few years ago I had some great times with some of the Clay guys and it was excellent. Thanks again.

*****If you ARE a member of a club I would urge you to attend the AGM and have your say, *********

But PAY your 10 euro and have your club pay, its too small a price to even comprehend. Anyone who says they don't have the money is frankly lying as shooting is not a cheap sport as we all know. Pay that first and get your club to collect it. (This is why)

It pays for your targets, your medals, court cases of which there will be many more in the coming months, I know I was at one just before Christmas. (From now on as an Individual you will have to pay for court cases) Why because the funds wont be there. Its the same for the NARGC - they wont be paying for them. The only ones paying will be you and the NASRPC if they can afford it and if anyone pays.

Its a non profit organization. They covered one case I know about because I attended, and may have covered another this year and they are not cheap. It looks like there may be two more from some very high profile competitors in the near future who need your support, because they are our friends and fellow competitors and I will do all that is required in a personal capacity to help them in any way possible.

This is the reality for some of the NASRPC members, who have competed for 10 years or more at the highest stage. (But really you could be next when your chief super denies you a licence and you have to go to court to get your "golf club" back)

Clubs I understand are looking for some cash from the NASRPC events, It costs money in Tea and Coffee etc to do these things and this should be accounted for, but please provide some club RO'S. on the day of these events, It could so easily be one of your members or you who needs backing for a case in the future. Having one of your members at a national competition as an RO advising a new competitor will do lots for their confidence, this I know.

If a national competition is going on in your club, please attend. I see maybe the same faces year in year out and frankly its getting boring. Even in my own club. You or your clubmate is going to need that revenue generated from that entry fee to pay for upgrades to their own club, court cases and targets and medals. If you have 10 or 100 members, their participation is required to safeguard our sports future. Its not run on fresh air and hand shakes

Every club if they need revenue for themselves can organize and advertise via the NASRPC. 150 plus travel to Lough Bo every year, its an amazing place packed full of some of the best people in the world who love shooting. Its one of the stellar events of the national calendar, I know I would travel there a few times to compete in their club events should they choose to invite me ;-) as would many others. To assist and help them raise funds for the promotion of the sport they cherish

Forget about the Sports Coalition - a complete waste of time. If your still going on about that time to find another sport as you are not informed or haven't bothered in the last 6 months.

The SC is dead to any target shooter in Ireland as a group, they will not represent you when you need it,

The NASRPC contributes towards International shoots and will continue long after all of this is over. (If you only knew how complex this is to organize your eyes would pop, so thank you famed Italian footballer schillaci In addition to many other things, all of which help and promote target shooting in Ireland. Paying towards maintenance and new facilities in clubs nationally.

Not one of the present committee members has anything to gain financially with the NASRPC, Ask any one, in fact it costs them to be members in time away from family and UNPAID Leave ,travel expenses not claimed by them when they should, for meetings and organizing national events. You all know whom im talking about, you may moan, but I guarantee here and now it will take 4 if not more to do the job of one man in particular on that committee in terms of organizing.

All shooting and NASRPC Events nationally and internationally will be damaged beyond repair if the current committee in its present form are not allowed to continue and voted back in. I know this because I have seen the progression of the sport in Ireland since 2008

You as a member or your club as a member have this powerful group backing you up as a lobby group because of these committee members and their dedication to the sport. Remember they are shooters as well, if we lose they lose as well

"Solo Runs", rubbish ive been hearing about, when your local TD is the minister for Justice and you want to go and speak to them go ahead. Remember that person is one of us a fellow shooter, without him we would be in a much worse place. If more of us did this with our local TD and made it more of a national issue and tried to educate the public at every level maybe our sport would be in a better place.

The NASRPC are there to organize and co ordinate primarily Gallery Rifle and Pistol shooting in Ireland, in addition to sporting rifle and benchrest among many other disciplines for the clubs, that's not always their remit, but thats what they do for us and you are not a shooter unless you are thankful for this. The NASRPC - represents the Clubs yes, but without the clubs membership and club members participating and voting there would be very little if any target shooting taking place in Ireland.

2000+ members gets a lot of ears when it is required in powerful places, its time to call in those favours and educate.
    Shooters are the most law abiding group in Ireland, we have to be. We are the only sport regulated by the Gardaí. (Start using the NASRPC as a lobby group) But don't moan.

Shooting in Ireland has much to lose in Ireland from this public forum having read some of the most un informed churn over the course of the last few weeks and I know because I shoot Nationally and Internationally as many do, but not some of the most ardent detractors of the NARSPC Committee on this forum. I have seen the confusion.

Get informed and stop keyboard warrior ing - frankly its just amusing and sad. Speak for shooters nationally and not your own enclave. There are too many fifedoms operating completely independently.

Name another target shooting organization who provides - National competitions and to the amount, the NASRPC does.
    I know many of you on this forum - you all have your own agenda some good some informative and some downright disruptive in your attempts to undermine a group of volunteers who have devoted and sacrificed at a number of levels most will not understand. Their personal sacrifice in all of this over a number of years. Not just today or yesterday but for years through illnesses and much more will need no further information to some but much to others.

Im not impartial Im informed. Most of the guys on this forum wont be at the AGM of that I know.

If your club has a problem and your a member then get it on at the AGM and if not attend as an individual, but don't throw all your toys out of the pram and expect them to be put back in. There is no Mother or Father here to pick them up, you have to get out and do that yourself.

Well there you all have it. It's called "Saying it like it is"

Put my name to this as well it's "CLIVE JACKSON"

All the ppl that have bemoaned over the last months go to the AGM and hear the real story from the committee not the water cooler half truths and whispers from he said she said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭cra

Hi jb88, I agree with a lot of what you have said but I don't think you are as well informed as you think you are and there a few of your points I have to disagree with.

In your post you referenced An Riocht's expulsion of the NASRPC you wrote "But if you ask to leave and refuse to engage then its you who lose out", An Riocht did not ask to leave and definitely did not refuse to engage. I could say a lot more about this but I won't, suffice it to say An Riocht have been in contact with the committee of the NASRPC and the ball is well and truly in their court.

I completely disagree with you regarding the Sports Coalition but I am not going to go into that a I reckon that particular question will be well trashed out at the AGM.

"All shooting and NASRPC Events nationally and internationally will be damaged beyond repair if the current committee in its present form are not allowed to continue and voted back in. I know this because I have seen the progression of the sport in Ireland since 2008" I have heard a lot of sentiments like this since this argument began and do not understand why intelligent people would think like this. Yes the current committee have done great work but they are not infallible or irreplaceable, what about the committee before 2008 who built it up from nothing to the stage where they brought International shoots into this country. Yes it stagnated somewhat at that time and one could argue that is stagnating again, There is absolutely no reason why the NASRPC membership should be afraid of voting in a different committee. I am a firm believer in term limits on all positions in any committee, it promotes participation and avoids the type of situation we have here.

You also seem to have the same belief as a lot of people on here that is a simple matter of if you have a problem go to the AGM and ask your question, that is not the way it works as we have found out

Advertisement