Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NASRPC's refusal to allow affiliation of clubs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Some people might be singing on Sat.
    "Naaaa na naa na . Naanaa na .Hey hey .good byeee!!"On either side of the arguement.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

The SC is dead as far as NASRPC is concerned, it's only a mouth piece for Des Croften IMO.
    NASRPC with NO seats on the SC panel ah come on even the most bigoted ppl here have to concede that's not good.

FCP is the way forward for all, SC has one voice there, again it's Des Croften's IMO.
    NASRPC has one seat as well but now they can be heard, they have a voice.

I can't recall saying I was against unity, i'm all for a united front, which is what we now have with the FCP.
    I wish An Riocht to be welcomed back into the fold along with all the other 'expelled' clubs. Is it going to happen? I don't know but I hope so. It was a sight to see the members of An Riocht all on the line together.

But I'm sorry to tell you's all I'm still for the NASRPC. Maybe changes need to happen on the top table, but lets not lynch them all until we hear what's to be heard.
    I would like to see ppl stop pointing and throwing stones.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭habitformin

Hi Clive,
    you are right on not hanging them all ,after all <SNIP> resigned over the unfair treatment of An Riocht. so thats at least one and i am sure there are others.We need answers and do you want to find out ten minutes before a vote what happened? I wanted to find out now. i wanted to hear it plain and simple to make sure I wasn't making a mistake.
    I emailed the NASRPC ......Nothing back at all.
    However the NASRPC is not this committee, it is a group of clubs and Ranges throughout all of Ireland.
    All shooters are welcome always. The Top table has made huge mistakes and yes changes at that table are needed.
    again I don't agree with everything DC says either, but that's my problem.
    He didn't throw the rattles out of the pram.
    We will meet on ranges and no doubt laugh once this rubbish is sorted.
    Try shooting in Kerry sometime its an excellent range getting better all the time and the scenery is amazing. Its like being on top of the world.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Folks, i'm going to direct your attention to this MOD NOTE from 4 weeks ago to remind everyone:
    Cass wrote: »
    I'm not going to pretend to fully follow everything going on here, and it's why the other Mods and myself have not posted.

However one thing that is not only a forum rule, but a site rule is:

No accusations against named individuals.

This includes people that can be easily identified or recognised from a description or reference. This will result in the immediate deletion of any post that breaks this rule, the closing of the thread (temporarily or permanently as the situation dictates) and possible ramifications for the user responsible.

The Mods have let the thread run so that everyone may discuss the topic as freely as they may like, however we will step in and stop this if this one, very important, rule is broken. Some may say, "Well it's on record". that is fine, and if it's there for all to read so be it, but there is a difference between stating a publicly available fact and then making accusations as to the reasons for this after the fact.
    For the most part this has been adhered to, but recently its starting to creep up again. For that reason i'm going to reiterate the above in a different context.

We (the Mods) don't know every intricate detail of all the goings on. As a result we cannot differentiate between what is publicly available as fact (from minutes of meetings, etc) and what is hearsay/speculation. As such anything that involves a named individual must be worded in such a way that the person involved is not named. This will eliminate any possible accusations against named individuals.

If you wish to continue to discuss this issue then this rule MUST be adhered to. Any violation will result in action by the Mods. The Mods cannot look into every remark made to verify it's legitimacy as its a terrible time sink, and more times than not, impossible to get a 100% correct answer.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Hi Clive,
    you are right on not hanging them all.............
    We will meet on ranges and no doubt laugh once this rubbish is sorted.
    Try shooting in Kerry sometime its an excellent range getting better all the time and the scenery is amazing. Its like being on top of the world.

I have put my mind to going several times but at 2.5 hours drive for a shoot, it's just not on. I'll make it sometime, hopefully this year and I know I'll enjoy the day out :):) My friend goes so we could buddy up

• Advertisement

clivej wrote: »
    I have put my mind to going several times but at 2.5 hours drive for a shoot, it's just not on. I'll make it sometime, hopefully this year and I know I'll enjoy the day out :):) My friend goes so we could buddy up

its well worth the effort.:D

...... only saying it as I have been told, not gossip.
    badaj0z wrote: »
    Bit of a contradiction in terms there Clive.

But hearing and getting told from the NASRPC top table at the meetings I have attended and on separate occasions by committee members.

Not from 'what he said she said' corner whispers

Does anyone know how I could get a copy of the submissions for Saturdays AGM( as a non member of the NASRPC by default) or any way i could validate my trip and vote on Saturday. otherwise i will be wasting my time travelling. this Sucks.

Does anyone know how I could get a copy of the submissions for Saturdays AGM( as a non member of the NASRPC by default) or any way i could validate my trip and vote on Saturday. otherwise i will be wasting my time travelling. this Sucks.

You won't be able to vote anyway I'd say, from what i have read from the constitution.

Never be a waste of time to attend as you'll hear it all first hand and not from the whispers that will surely follow the AGM

You won't be able to vote anyway I'd say, from what i have read from the constitution

thats my point exactly Clive. After all this posturing on here its all I or a good few lads and ladies can do as there is no point travelling to watch your sport being destroyed (or saved.) This is really a serious situation .. I am actually biting my lip /face over this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

What time is this AGM??

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

2pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

The start time was 2.30 to be finished by 6.30. I have not been told of a change of time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

OK, one last time.

BE CIVIL

If you cannot do this then i'll remove your ability to post. The last few posts have been removed. This is due to irrelvant comments (and responses to said comments.)

The AGM is tomorrow and i'm sure you'll all want to discuss it afterwards. If that is so then you'll need this thread to remain open. That only happens if you can be civil to one another.

As my previous warnings have gone unheeded, all leeway is now gone. Any further violations will be met with infractions, etc. There will be no PMs, no MOD NOTES, and no chances. So please, for your own sake, adhere to the rules and play nice.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭cra

Tomorrow is the big day and hopefully both sides of the story will come out. The biggest problem I see is that the current committee have alienated around half of its members, by either rejecting their affiliation or ignoring requests for a EGM. If it is not sorted out tomorrow then it will likely end up in 2 organizations and that is not good for anyone. So hopefully there will be one united NASRPC tomorrow evening.

Well.Let the games begin.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Maybe someone can record the meeting and post it up?

Popcorn moments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Rimfire Shooter

goz83 wrote: »
    Popcorn moments

Why not go and bring you're popcorn?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Why not go and bring you're popcorn?

Work to do

Bills to pay

And i hear shooting is an expensive pass time ;)

One last few points
    If this committee get a way with this list of offences against the very clubs that they are supposed to represent,or worse.against the members that give them their mandate to exist.
    If they continue to put their own wishes over the interests of shooting.at the expense of shooting they need to go.
    Ask these questions how long are this committee in charge?
    Are these positions life time positions. ?
    Is it time for a change anyway?
    Familiarity breeds contempt.
    Power corrupts,continuous absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    If they get away with current actions they will become even more dictatorial and unbearable.
    Change is good.
    Vote with conscience for the future of shooting. Not for a friend or a full belly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭badaj0z

I just looked back over the thread and I think a summary of the main points to consider at the AGM would be helpfull:

We can only go forward if we trust the people leading us. This is not the case for many of us at the moment so it is time to review how we got here.
    The people calling for a change of NASRPC leadership base their case on two issues:
    1. How the NASRPC committee handled their responsibilities in their relationship with the SC.
    2. How the NASRPC committee handled the management of the criticism of how they dealt with No.1.

The timeline and facts of the first issue are laid out in Des Crofton's letter to the NASRPC published on the SC website some weeks ago. Mentioning this name is like a red rag to a bull to some of you on here as they see all kinds of mysterious reasons why we should not take this statement at face value. What they may not have noticed is that, in addition to the NASRPC reps on the SC, there were 2 other SC reps(who are now also FCP reps) who are sporting rifle and pistol shooters, both of whom are also in the NASRPC because they are members of affiliated clubs, viz. Harbour House and MTSC. These same people were at the Hilltop meeting and attempted to mediate between the polarized views, ending with the instructions to the NASRPC committee to make peace with the SC. This did not happen, as you know. These same people, having been involved in the process all along, are at the forefront of the group looking for a change. They have no axe to grind and are making their judgements based on what they directly witnessed. They will state their positions as evidence at the AGM.
    As regards the second issue, which has seen the number of "affiliated" clubs reduced from 15 to 8 by selective interpretation of the payment rules, this is truly shocking. So shocking that an NASRPC committee member resigned because of the way he was treated after asking questions relating to payment history. This will also be addressed directly at the AGM.
    This reduction in affiliated clubs goes directly against one of the main objectives of the NASRPC and should be seen for what it is. a truly cynical attempt to manipulate the democratic process. An EGM was being called for, which would have given many of the posters on here what they are calling for, a forum to debate the issues. However, the voting rules at an EGM give each club a vote, not the floor and the odds were not in favour of the current committee, even with the reduced number of clubs. Instead, the committee has organised things in such a way that we have an AGM. They hope that they will get support from the clubs they are associated with and that the few remaining affiliated clubs are in the South and West and that their members will not travel. So it comes down to who will go to the AGM, who will set out their case and how this will be received by the attendees who can vote.
    I urge all attendees, on both sides of this issue. to open your ears and listen. If you hear new facts or perspectives, do not dismiss them if they do not support your position. Truly listen. We all want the same thing which is a thriving, growing, vigorous sport, led by people we trust, with the capability to represent us in the highest forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

goz83 wrote: »
    Maybe someone can record the meeting and post it up?

Popcorn moments

One cant record an AGM without concent or permission, which would of had to been agreed at a previous agm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Jasus if as many people showed up for competitions!!!

Estimate 200+/- here at the meet.

Mick Tope chairman resigns after vote 88/99 due to non acceptance of chairmans report.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Rimfire Shooter

homerhop wrote: »
    Jasus if as many people showed up for competitions!!!

Maybe they will now ;)
    Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Estimate 200+/- here at the meet.

Never seen such interest in an agm.
    Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Mick Tope chairman resigns after vote 88/99 due to non acceptance of chairmans report.

Considering he technically isn't Chairman once the election of officers commences it's a hollow gesture.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

All I'll say is that there was a good turn out from the rent a crowd. I've been to every shoot this year and haven't seen at least 50% of the people that attended the AGM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Like the eurovision song contest the way the voting is going !!!

That's it all over .moving swiftly on .at last the old committee can enjoy the sport they tried so hard to represent. Hope they have a great freedom out of this debacle.good luck lads and ladies.
    And goodbye from me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

See you all on the line

Advertisement