Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NASRPC's refusal to allow affiliation of clubs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

BillBen wrote: »
    All I'll say is that there was a good turn out from the rent a crowd. I've been to every shoot this year and haven't seen at least 50% of the people that attended the AGM.

Maybe if you went to some of the clubs that had their cheque's returned by the nasrpc you might have seen a few more. Also if they were a rent a mob, why were they allowed in , and allowed to vote ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Rimfire Shooter

All I'll say is that there was a good turn out from the rent a crowd. I've been to every shoot this year and haven't seen at least 50% of the people that attended the AGM.

I was one of the rent a mob.

Democracy is a great thing to see in action.

Hopefully now all the clubs that left were refused membership of nasrpc will be brought back in and the whole thing can move forward under the new leadership.

I reckon the comp numbers will be up after this

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

Hopefully now all the clubs that left were refused membership of nasrpc will be brought back in and the whole thing can move forward under the new leadership.

LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Its only "Democracy" if everyone had a vote....

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭SVI40

All I say is, there was a good turn out from shooters interested in the future of their sport.

• Advertisement

Its only "Democracy" if everyone had a vote....

Who didn't have a vote? Apart from the members of clubs who were excluded for various reasons? I reckon their friends in other clubs, like me, who felt they were wronged, turned out and have now paved the way for their return.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Wonder should I write an offensive vulgar letter to the commitee? I mean the literary version of a burning dog****.
    After all, they have to respond to me with courtesy and professionalism as agreed at the meeting.
    That's fair right? I think Mark Maguire came off well, considering the array of crap that was launched in his general direction previously.

Only good thing - I'm looking forward to Clive Jackson proudly putting on the green Jersey this year :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,968 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Who got elected anyway? I couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

From what I could see all members present today had a vote.
    Lot of people got to clear their grievances. Time now to unite and move on together and fill the backstops with lead.

My heart felt commiserations for the outgoing committee, job well done these past years, and I hope now to beat your arses on the line now that you'll have time to get some practice in. :cool::cool:

All the best to the incoming committee and wishing you's all well in your new jobs.

Only good thing - I'm looking forward to Clive Jackson proudly putting on the green Jersey this year :-)

Like this one
    And I'm happy and proud to be able to wear the green Irish shirt.
    I'll never make the Irish Team, only in my dreams

Collecting Gold at Bisley in the Phoenix comp.

375196.jpg

• Advertisement

I believe ya Clive! Best of luck in the hunt for medals in 2016

Who didn't have a vote? Apart from the members of clubs who were excluded for various reasons? I reckon their friends in other clubs, like me, who felt they were wronged, turned out and have now paved the way for their return.

As far as I could see all members today, from all clubs, had a vote, and used them as they saw fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

clivej wrote: »
    Like this one
    And I'm happy and proud to be able to wear the green Irish shirt.
    I'll never make the Irish Team, only in my dreams

Collecting Gold at Bisley in the Phoenix comp.

375196.jpg

Feckin disgrace, get rid of that bloody bulldog off your rifle case, replace it with a shamrock!!!!

homerhop wrote: »
    Feckin disgrace, get rid of that bloody bulldog off your rifle case, replace it with a shamrock!!!!

You mean this one????
    My opponents see it and feel the fear. Mind games play a big part of the comps.

375197.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Trigerguard

Kingdom (an Riocht) rifle & pistol club are back they payed their affiliation and it was excepted by the new treasurer of the NASRPC Mike Nestor before the close of the AGM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 downrange

Well I must say that it is amazing if nothing short of a divine miracle that Munster Target Shooting Club having provided 5 competitors to its own national competition last April and 2 competitors in the International Open last July, provided almost 100 certified and voting members to the NASRPC AGM. I hope that we will see all of those dedicated gallery rifle and pistol target shooters at the next national competition and the next International Open. I wonder if we will ever see them again?

We have seen democracy in action which I will not argue with and all that is left to say is thank you to the former NASRPC committee and best wishes to the new NASRCP committee.

We can all now look forward to the forthcoming publication of the 2016 Competition Calendar, the 2015 National Championship Finals and the 2016 Irish International Open and I trust that all of these events will be organised with the same level of professionalism if not better than before.

See you all on a line soon

Oíche mhaith agus dia

clivej wrote: »
    You mean this one????
    My opponents see it and feel the fear.

Been a long time since any Irishman feared the bulldog :p

Been a long time since any Irishman feared the bulldog :p

You putting the bulldog down & trading it for an Irish Wolfhound ?

downrange wrote: »
    Well I must say that it is amazing if nothing short of a divine miracle that Munster Target Shooting Club having provided 5 competitors to its own national competition last April and 2 competitors in the International Open last July, provided almost 100 certified and voting members to the NASRPC AGM. I hope that we will see all of those dedicated gallery rifle and pistol target shooters at the next national competition and the next International Open. I wonder if we will ever see them again?

We have seen democracy in action which I will not argue with and all that is left to say is thank you to the former NASRPC committee and best wishes to the new NASRCP committee.

We can all now look forward to the forthcoming publication of the 2016 Competition Calendar, the 2015 National Championship Finals and the 2016 Irish International Open and I trust that all of these events will be organised with the same level of professionalism if not better than before.

See you all on a line soon

Oíche mhaith agus dia

OPEN QUESTION...
    How can a chairman who took over from a committee who were slated ( no abused ) run an agm when he followed no proceedures himself?.
    I listened & advised him from the floor that he was not following proceedure when the nomonations were put forward.
    I advise him that proceedure dictated that the person who made the nomination must be present and propose it, obtain a seconder and the put it to the floor.
    I was not alone noting that he did not look for a seconder for any motion...
    He continually read the motion expressed his opinion and went to the floor for discussion and then asked for a vote.
    Therefore all of the nominations yesterday that were voted on are invallid...

OPEN QUESTION...
    How can a chairman who took over from a committee who were slated ( no abused ) run an agm when he followed no proceedures himself?.
    I listened & advised him from the floor that he was not following proceedure when the nomonations were put forward.
    I advise him that proceedure dictated that the person who made the nomination must be present and propose it, obtain a seconder and the put it to the floor.
    I was not alone noting that he did not look for a seconder for any motion...
    He continually read the motion expressed his opinion and went to the floor for discussion and then asked for a vote.
    Therefore all of the nominations yesterday that were voted on are invallid...

It was said in AOB that the committee should take instruction as to how an AGM should be run.

Also that under AOB new motions to the floor cannot be put forward as written within the NASRPC's own 2015 constitution. So the motion for "20% of profits from NASRPC run events go back to the club running the event" put forward in AOB was invalid.

NASRPC 2015 constitution extract as follows.........

"Motions submitted for consideration
    All motions should be submitted in writing to the Secretary at least 21 days before the date of the General Meeting.

In the event of such a motion being submitted, the Secretary shall, not less than 14 days before a General Meeting, circulate the motion along with the agenda of the General Meeting to the membership of the NASRPC.
    Any motion submitted in writing for consideration by the Committee shall be discussed at the meeting. Any motion should be proposed and seconded by two affiliated Clubs of the NASRPC present at the meeting. The decision on the motion shall be by simple majority of those affiliated members present.
    "
    So that motion was invalid on 3 counts as listed here
    • submitted in writing to the Secretary at least 21 days before the date of the General Meeting'
    • 14 days before a General Meeting, circulate the motion
    • Any motion submitted in writing for consideration by the Committee shall be discussed at the meeting

There is good reason for this being adhered to. So that people have prior notice of the motions going forward at an AGM, it is written in the agenda of the meeting, there are no surprises at an AGM where a motion can be put forward, and especially at AGM's where there is only a small attendance of people where a motion can be pushed through on the QT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

The guy sitting beside me at the AGM asked me what club I was with. When I told him Harbour House, he asked me "Where's that? Is it a shotgun range?" He obviously didn't know much about the NASRPC.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

Like a lot of the people there. The six or seven people sitting in front of me hadn't a clue Sure a man and wife went to sign in and weren't even in a club affiliated with the Nasrpc. 20 mins later they had Munster target shooting club membership.

Like a lot of the people there. The six or seven people sitting in front of me hadn't a clue Sure a man and wife went to sign in and weren't even in a club affiliated with the Nasrpc. 20 mins later they had Munster target shooting club membership.

So that's where Munster got their "100 members" from. Press ganged ppl from the bar

I'm fairly sure I saw a number of them boarding a bus with a big "Refugees for Hire" sticker on the side of it ;-)
    In fairness a lot of shooting stalwarts didn't turn up, kinda obvious you don't get the vote then.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

I'm fairly sure I saw a number of them boarding a bus with a big "Refugees for Hire" sticker on the side of it ;-)
    In fairness a lot of shooting stalwarts didn't turn up, kinda obvious you don't get the vote then.

You do know it was these kind of smartarse comments that actually lit the fuse to the change of the old order of things yesterday?

Careful what you write lads lots of people mightnt share your sense of humour and comments like the above can backfire badly on us all.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Alright folks, lets try and keep this civil.

I'm getting complaints so perhaps someone could, without bias or personal narration, give a run down of what happened, what changes were made, if any issues brought up in this thread were resolved and the end result.

I think this would clarify things for everyone including those not able to make the meeting. I also think it would go a lot towards getting people back to their sport.

There is no need for a novel just a summary of the main points.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Meeting was delayed because of the turn out & room was too small, all moved to bigger room.
    Chairman's was first report. Q&A at end was where a lot of anger was vented at the chair. Vote to except the chairman report was rejected. Chairman resigned.
    Secretary report.
    Treasury's report.
    Etc.
    Election of officers as each post came up none of the existing officers went forward for election.
    Complete new committee was elected.
    Motions were then up for voting some passed some not.
    AOB

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    You do know it was these kind of smartarse comments that actually lit the fuse to the change of the old order of things yesterday?

Careful what you write lads lots of people mightnt share your sense of humour and comments like the above can backfire badly on us all.

You really think that? You think someone would believe what I wrote?
    Was fine to have actual lies spread (That is what the outgoing committe said in the AGM) about the old committee members but a stupid joke is now offensive?
    We don't have the report from the old committee as it was voted to not accept the report => the record of their defence is removed.

It's up to the new committee to issue the reports, the meeting minutes have to be agreed on, signed off and circulated to the affiliated clubs email address they have declared to the NASRCP uh the NASRPC.
    Then we have the record of what happened at the meeting. There's no he said she said, which is the ACTUAL cause of how we got here, not a lack of sense of humour.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Thanks Clive. All clubs got their issues resolved?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement

You really think that? You think someone would believe what I wrote?
    Was fine to have actual lies spread (That is what the outgoing committe said in the AGM) about the old committee members but a stupid joke is now offensive?
    We don't have the report from the old committee as it was voted to not accept the report => the record of their defence is removed.

It's up to the new committee to issue the reports, the meeting minutes have to be agreed on, signed off and circulated to the affiliated clubs email address they have declared to the NASRCP uh the NASRPC.
    Then we have the record of what happened at the meeting. There's no he said she said, which is the ACTUAL cause of how we got here, not a lack of sense of humour.

The minutes of yesterdays meeting is going to be good, I wonder how the incombent Secretary will note who was speaking ( / shouting, swearing / abusing people) , and what the record will show regarding the voting of new proposals ?

Advertisement