Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NASRPC's refusal to allow affiliation of clubs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Cass wrote: »
    Thanks Clive. All clubs got their issues resolved?

Yes I think they went away happy enough. Seems clubs affiliation fees were paid & excepted so all ppl had voting rights. Meeting was very vocal at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

The minutes of yesterdays meeting is going to be good, I wonder how the incombent Secretary will note who was speaking ( / shouting, swearing / abusing people) , and what the record will show regarding the voting of new proposals ?
    I think they made a lot of fuss and noise and the time for that being useful has passed and we move into delivery mode, this is going to be very hard for an almost totally fresh committee (1 member carried over from 2015 I think?) to gel and get things done to all the members satisfaction. My opinion is it will be a tough few weeks/months to start with but I am hopeful they will deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Anyone know what motions passed/failed?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

You really think that? You think someone would believe what I wrote?

Yup..Because of a smart ass email sent down to an riocht suggesting that they had just got internet down there in Kerry or were going to disseminate it by" gurrier post"...Now was that very professional?Or very professional to not defuse the situation by not issuing a personal apology once the resignation letter arrived on the door.Abusive and venemous as it might have been?So you suggesting that refugees were drafted or that there was a rent a mob could be seen in the same light.

Think alot of people need to accept that the order of things has changed.Good bad or indifferent there is a new crew in charge of the ship.You can vote them out next year if they arent doing a good job too.Ive no axe to grind with anyone on either new or old comittee and thank anyone who wants to take on such a christless thankless job as being in charge of an organisation in ireland.As I know people in both camps of this conflict i try and stay out of these infighting factions.There is fault on everyone in this conflict and now we have bigger problems to deal with nationally and internationally.Depends on where your pirorities lie i guess.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭badaj0z

Cass, all of the clubs that were "unaffilliated" will now be "reaffilliated". We have one body representing sporting target shooters and not two. Our representation on the FCP has been strengthened. The outcome can only be good for target shooters as a whole. You will have noticed that the people looking for the change of direction have not been on here posting in any sort of "triumphal" manner which shows good judgement. It is a shame that the same can not be said about the supporters of the previous committee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

The new committee have a year to prove themselves. There is a good representation of clubs from all over the country on it, which is a good thing. Some on the new committee I hold in good regards, others I am sitting on the fence about.
    Personal observations, although things were heated people should have been taken to task over the shouting people down when they were trying to talk.
    When speakers from the floor were given the micraphone they never said who they were or what club they represented both before and after the election of the new committee. As mentioned above that should lead to interesting minute records from the new secretary.
    The new chairman has a lot to catch up to do, as an organisation mainly involved in gallery rifle and pistol shooting he had to pass on the questions regarding gallery rifle as he stated himself he knew nothing about it
    During the AOB a speaker had to pull the new committee up while she was speaking as they were having a conversation among themselves and not even
    listening to her.
    As with all meetings I got to bump into a few old friends from around the country, good chat and a coffee with Griz and despite a few exchanges on this thread with Cra it was good to meet you in person. Habitat I don't know if you were there, would have had that drink with you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

cw67irl wrote: »
    Anyone know what motions passed/failed?

As none of the motions had a seconder...they are all defacto "failed"

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Yup..Because of a smart ass email sent down to an riocht suggesting that they had just got internet down there in Kerry or were going to disseminate it by" gurrier post"...Now was that very professional?Or very professional to not defuse the situation by not issuing a personal apology once the resignation letter arrived on the door.Abusive and venemous as it might have been?So you suggesting that refugees were drafted or that there was a rent a mob could be seen in the same light.

Think alot of people need to accept that the order of things has changed.Good bad or indifferent there is a new crew in charge of the ship.You can vote them out next year if they arent doing a good job too.Ive no axe to grind with anyone on either new or old comittee and thank anyone who wants to take on such a christless thankless job as being in charge of an organisation in ireland.As I know people in both camps of this conflict i try and stay out of these infighting factions.There is fault on everyone in this conflict and now we have bigger problems to deal with nationally and internationally.Depends on where your pirorities lie i guess.

Well I'm human and it's an adjustment period for me - I know most of the old crew and they helped me, personally a lot. But we are where we are I also have no issue with the new commitee and feel it is probably more representative. If people feel they are represented maybe stuff will go more smoothly.

BTW the gurrier email comment is hilarious to me, a culchie, but I can 110% see how someone in the heat of the moment would take it very badly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Good.
    clivej wrote: »
    Meeting was very vocal at times.
    I can imagine.

The reason i'm asking these questions is because of this thread. It was originally started to discuss the exit of the NASRPC from the SC. With all the other things that happened since then, the thread has gone in another direction.

Now the new committee will not have resolved this in a day but i'm trying to decide if it's worthwhile closing this thread as (for better or worse depending on your view point) the issue about the NASRPC internals have been resolved and it's now down to the issue with the SC. Or whether to break out the internal stuff and leave the SC stuff or just leave it in it's entirety.

So as to avoid anyone having to read 39+ pages of stuff to realise it's not all about the exit from the SC.
    badaj0z wrote: »
    Cass, all of the clubs that were "unaffilliated" will now be "reaffilliated". We have one body representing sporting target shooters and not two. Our representation on the FCP has been strengthened. The outcome can only be good for target shooters as a whole. You will have noticed that the people looking for the change of direction have not been on here posting in any sort of "triumphal" manner which shows good judgement. It is a shame that the same can not be said about the supporters of the previous committee.
    I appreciate the info, but i need to make this abundantly clear.

I am not involved in this, am not a member of the NASRPC or any affiliated club, and have not stuck my oar in at any point as it'd be improper of me to get involved in a situation which will not affect me in any way. My only roll here was to protect the integrity of the thread and forum. I have no opinion on the old committee or the new one.

I have my opinions on the SC and been very vocal on the subject, but this thread turned from the original topic into a one about internal NASRPC issues. So i refrained from posting because as the Mods have said time and again if you've nothing constructive to add, don't post.

I'm going to discuss the thread with the other Mods and what action, if any, should be taken with it (split it, leave it, etc). However it's your thread on your forum so i'd like some input as to what ye would like to see (no guarantee the Mods decision will reflect opinions, but it will have a bearing on it).
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Leave it open till we get the minutes Cass? I imagine that will be next week...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

1 didn't get a reply to my question on returning to the sc. Still waiting on that one. Are they going to go to each club now and get members voting and not just take it upon themselves to rejoin?
    2. Suggested more central location for next atm.
    3. Asked who was going to represent the nasrpc on the fcp now? Following a phone call, it was agreed that Martin Hayes would continue to represent the Nasrpc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Cass wrote: »
    Good.

I can imagine.

The reason i'm asking these questions is because of this thread. It was originally started to discuss the exit of the NASRPC from the SC. With all the other things that happened since then, the thread has gone in another direction.

Now the new committee will not have resolved this in a day but i'm trying to decide if it's worthwhile closing this thread as (for better or worse depending on your view point) the issue about the NASRPC internals have been resolved and it's now down to the issue with the SC. Or whether to break out the internal stuff and leave the SC stuff or just leave it in it's entirety.

So as to avoid anyone having to read 39+ pages of stuff to realise it's not all about the exit from the SC.

I appreciate the info, but i need to make this abundantly clear.

I am not involved in this, am not a member of the NASRPC or any affiliated club, and have not stuck my oar in at any point as it'd be improper of me to get involved in a situation which will not affect me in any way. My only roll here was to protect the integrity of the thread and forum. I have no opinion on the old committee or the new one.

I have my opinions on the SC and been very vocal on the subject, but this thread turned from the original topic into a one about internal NASRPC issues. So i refrained from posting because as the Mods have said time and again if you've nothing constructive to add, don't post.

I'm going to discuss the thread with the other Mods and what action, if any, should be taken with it (split it, leave it, etc). However it's your thread on your forum so i'd like some input as to what ye would like to see (no guarantee the Mods decision will reflect opinions, but it will have a bearing on it).

For my penny:
    The Departure of the NASRPC from the coalition has nothing to do with the greviance of some clubs who had issues with a national committee.
    I have no siding with the new or old committee.
    However as a serving officer of a seperate shooting body I refuse to sit quietly and see the open abuse levied at volunteer people who have worked so hard for the sport.
    I accept that some clubs have/ had issues with individuals / the old committe, but to subject lads to both personal and public abuse is not on.
    In previous comments I have mentioned the conduct of order that yesterdays meeting was run to and stand by my contention that due process was not followed and that the motions which were voted on yesterday are not binding as process was not followed.
    Therefore one of the first issues that the new committee must address is these motions, & the only way that this matter can be resolved is in the calling of an egm,whereby these motions can be addressed in a correct and formal matter.
    So it would be my contention that this tread be split to address these matters as a seperate issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,968 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

homerhop wrote: »
    The new chairman has a lot to catch up to do, as an organisation mainly involved in gallery rifle and pistol shooting he had to pass on the questions regarding gallery rifle as he stated himself he knew nothing about it

This is just fantastic:pac:

Who is this new chairman? and who will be replacing Declan Byrne running the national competitions? Hopefully someone who has a ****ing clue because Declan ran them like clockwork.

Strider wrote:
    Who is this new chairman? and who will be replacing Declan Byrne running the national competitions? Hopefully someone who has a ****ing clue because Declan ran them like clockwork.

New chairman. Gerry mc Cathy. New games director. Jeff Mc Cann. Doesn't bode well cause there's nobody that has a clue about benchrest on that top table either

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

Strider wrote: »

Put it like this I don't think I've seen him at the shoots that I've attended and I've attended all bar one. I'm not saying that he won't be able for the position only time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Gerry McCarthy is the new chairman. I feckin forget who is the new competitions director. Feck my useless memory.

LB6 wrote: »
    New chairman. Gerry mc Cathy. New games director. Jeff Mc Cann. Doesn't bode well cause there's nobody that has a clue about benchrest on that top table either

Kick out the benchies I say. Shur it's not even real shooting anyway. ;-)

Seriously though, nobody at the old top table shot benchrest either to be fair. Maybe a tiny bit but not much.

LB6 wrote: »

Fantastic :pac: Can't wait for the competitions now...jeeesus :pac:

'Can I use a shotgun for light varmint?'

'No problem, go ahead'

:pac:

BattleCorp wrote: »

Seriously though, nobody at the old top table shot benchrest either to be fair.

Declan and his daughter and wife all did, hopefully there is someone who has a clue about it amongst the new cohort.

Fantastic :pac: Can't wait for the competitions now...jeeesus :pac:

'Can I use a shotgun for light varmint?'

'No problem, go ahead'

:pac:

I think you should give the new committee a bit more credit than that.

It would be cool to have benchrest shotgun though. :-)

• Advertisement

BattleCorp wrote: »

Seriously though, nobody at the old top table shot benchrest either to be fair.

Yes there did. Declan shoots it.not as much as he used to, but he still enters comps

BattleCorp wrote:
    Seriously though, nobody at the old top table shot benchrest either to be fair. Maybe a tiny bit but not much.

At least they shot enough to know the rules and how to score cards.

homerhop wrote: »
    Yes there did. Declan shoots it.not as much as he used to, but he still enters comps

Ok. I'll concede that point so. Still, I wouldn't be worried for the future of benchrest under this committee.

I must dust off my own Annie a bit more this year.

It will be interesting to see what the new committee are going to do to promote benchrest shooting as it falls under their umbrella of disciplines. How many of the reaffiliated clubs are going to accommodate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Imo close this thread I'll start a new one now

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Boxer1

Can you not score the cards LB6 or you Billben for that matter. A lot of knocking going on here instead of moving forward and supporting our new committe. The old committee did their jobs to the best of their ability now we have a new committe and I do know all of them and I have shot with all of them. These people elected to the new committee have shooting and the future of shooting at heart, something that we all profess to yes or no???. I will not be saying anymore on this matter I will be talking to the new committee and ASKING HOW I CAN HELP.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Right,

I've gone through the thread as best i can. Some posts covered dual topics, but i left them in the thread they were more orientated to. The rest hae beeen moved into their own thread under the original title of NASRPC exit of Sports Coalition. That thread is here.

The other posts are, for the most part, related to the affiliation, refusal to affiliate, and all internal issues of the NASRPC leading up to and including the AGM on the 16th January. All of them are now in this thread. I won't close this thread, but i am moving the last few posts on to the exit of SC thread to bump it up and get the topic back up for discussion as, and someone correct me if i'm wrong, the internal issues are pretty much closed.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Boxer1 wrote: »
    Can you not score the cards LB6 or you Billben for that matter. A lot of knocking going on here instead of moving forward and supporting our new committe. The old committee did their jobs to the best of their ability now we have a new committe and I do know all of them and I have shot with all of them. These people elected to the new committee have shooting and the future of shooting at heart, something that we all profess to yes or no???. I will not be saying anymore on this matter I will be talking to the new committee and ASKING HOW I CAN HELP.

Where is the knocking?

Boxer1 wrote: »
    Can you not score the cards LB6 or you Billben for that matter.

Why should they?

Is it too much to ask that the committee of a governing body have a clue about what they're actually governing or do the benchresters have to self govern at NASRPC nationals now?

Benchrest has its own seperate NGB anyway but if the quality of BR at NASRPC matches goes down the swanny it'll be a sad day.

Interesting year ahead anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

[Mod Note]
    Wadi, that's pretty much back seat modding. If you want to stop posting here, that's your choice; please don't go telling other posters they're not to post here, it's (a) cheeky; (b) not your call; and stepping out of the mod hat for a moment and back to the hat of someone with a few decades sunk into shooting,
    (c) downright wrong, as proven over and over and over and over and over and over and over again in the last decade.

If folk want to post, they can (within the charter rules). If they don't, that's their loss (they'll be ignoring the single largest forum there is for discussing Irish shooting, and that's a rather daft waste of resources).[/Mod Note]

Advertisement