Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NASRPC's refusal to allow affiliation of clubs

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

Boxer1 wrote: »
    Can you not score the cards LB6 or you Billben for that matter. A lot of knocking going on here instead of moving forward and supporting our new committe. The old committee did their jobs to the best of their ability now we have a new committe and I do know all of them and I have shot with all of them. These people elected to the new committee have shooting and the future of shooting at heart, something that we all profess to yes or no???. I will not be saying anymore on this matter I will be talking to the new committee and ASKING HOW I CAN HELP.

Sorry but I don't know the first thing about Benchrest. Sorry to disappoint. And yes the old committee did their job well. The jury is out on the replacements only time will tell if they are up to the task.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

BillBen wrote: »
    Sorry but I don't know the first thing about Benchrest.

Here, I'll tell ya about benchrest. 😀

Firstly you either win the lotto or remortgage your house.

Then you buy a fcukin mad yoke of a gun, clip on tuners and other crap. And a €100,000 scope.

Then you pay a fortune for an Italian vice with a bit of a handle and knobs hanging out of it, and a bag with ears full of space age sand.

Then you go to Holland and borrow millions of windmills to tell you that you haven't a clue what way the wind is blowing.

You then point the end of the gun that the bullets come out of in the general direction of a target that's the size of a fly's testicle.

Then you try and knock the sh1t out of that fly's testicle 25 times.

Then you get your scorecard and put it under an electron microscope to see if a black line has been broken.

Am I close? Did I get it right. ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

About sums it up, but you got to suffer from OCD to be any good at it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

BattleCorp wrote: »

Then you buy a fcukin mad yoke of a gun, clip on tuners and other crap. And a €100,000 scope.

Then you pay a fortune for an Italian vice with a bit of a handle and knobs hanging out of it, and a bag with ears full of space age sand.

Then you go to Holland and borrow millions of windmills to tell you that you haven't a clue what way the wind is blowing.

You then point the end of the gun that the bullets come out of in the general direction of a target that's the size of a fly's testicle.

Then you get your scorecard and put it under an electron microscope to see if a black line has been broken.

Well I got a BSA Martini M5 tilting block single shot, @€;150, Falcon fixed scope 35x56mm @€;300 that gets me shooting HV benchrest. NOT a hope of winning anything but I'm there (when I do). Good craic give it a try. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Ah Clive all them lads with their 10/22's. Worse than triggers brush!!! Again they finish buying the stock, action,trigger and a everything else they could have bought a rifle that could actually get a grouping into a 1/2 inch target at 50m instead of a 12 inch one 😂

• Advertisement

homerhop wrote: »
    Ah Clive all them lads with their 10/22's. Worse than triggers brush!!! Again they finish buying the stock, action,trigger and a everything else they could have bought a rifle that could actually get a grouping into a 1/2 inch target at 50m instead of a 12 inch one 😂

homerhop i'd like to tell you feck off but as we are good friends so i can't

when I think of my 10/22 and the €2,000 spent on it I could cry :mad::mad::mad:
    Anyway with my eyesight I need a 12" shoot 'n see target

NASRPC.................

Hello all,
    Just wanted to introduce the incoming NASRPC committee, but before that a very sincere thanks to the outgoing committee for all their service and support over the years.
    The committee members are:
    Karl O’Brien (Hilltop), Vice Chair.
    Nicholas Flood (East Coast), Hon. Secretary.
    Mike Nestor (Harbour House) Treasurer.
    Mick McGrath (An Riocht), Asst. Secretary.
    James Connolly (Lough Bo), PRO.
    Jeff McCann (MTSC), National Competition Director.
    Declan Keogh (Harbour House), National Training and Development Officer,
    Noel Thompson ( Harbour House), Child Protection officer.

We hope to be of useful service to you the individual members and the clubs. We look forward to seeing you on the firing line.
    Gerry McCarthy (MTSC) Chairman.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

And if thats all too cheap for you ...You go away and buy a "Rail gun".This yoke doesnt even have a stock or conventional trigger and costs about as much as a F18 hornet jet fighter,and weighs as much as a two man crew served weapon.Bolt 5 grands worth of glass to it ,bolt the whole contraption to a lazer levelled bench and proceed to fire custom hand loaded ammo down range to 1000 yards,punching holes thru the hole of the previous hole in the hole of the X.:):) Thats my sum knowledge of F class. Rather too technical for me .But whatever floats your boat.:)
    IMO At least kudos to the new chairman for saying he hasnt a clue bout benchrest.Isnt it better to be upfront about not knowing somthing and having to learn rather than trying to wing it and making an utter bollix of it?What would it be like if a benchrester was now in charge of loking after WA1500 T&P pistol matches?:P

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

homerhop wrote: »

When I retire from gallery the next step is Benchrest sure you sit down for 1/2 hr. Old man stuff if ya ask me😉

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

BillBen wrote:
    When I retire from gallery the next step is Benchrest sure you sit down for 1/2 hr. Old man stuff if ya ask me😉

Lol 20 mins ðŸ˜

• Advertisement

LB6 wrote: »
    Lol 20 mins ðŸ˜

Yeah, the benchies found the 25 minutes too strenuous so they shortened it to 20 mins. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Just looked at the calendar for the coming year and see that side matches will be ran along side the Nasrpc shoots. I for one would love to know how that will be achieved when there's barely enough time and space during a normal competition day to get through the shooters that turn up.

Just looked at the calendar for the coming year and see that side matches will be ran along side the Nasrpc shoots. I for one would love to know how that will be achieved when there's barely enough time and space during a normal competition day to get through the shooters that turn up.

It will be tough to fit in side competitions at most ranges. It might be possible on the larger ranges, but there is not a chance it can happen on the smaller ranges. Not unless attendances on competition day are very small.

I'm a fan of more competitions to be honest. Nothing wrong with a bit of variety. I can't see it happening much though. Not unless clubs do two day shoots like Lough Bo.

It will be tough to fit in side competitions at most ranges. It might be possible on the larger ranges, but there is not a chance it can happen on the smaller ranges. Not unless attendances on competition day are very small.

I'm a fan of more competitions to be honest. Nothing wrong with a bit of variety. I can't see it happening much though. Not unless clubs do two day shoots like Lough Bo.

Trying something new is interesting but I don't think it should be run on the same day as a national shoot. It will end up with people hanging around all day waiting for a free slot on a range to shoot a Pacific discipline and then not be able to shoot because of time. Maybe it's down to lack of experience from the new competitions director only time will tell but personally I can see a lot of shooters unhappy that they couldn't shoot

Trying something new is interesting but I don't think it should be run on the same day as a national shoot. It will end up with people hanging around all day waiting for a free slot on a range to shoot a Pacific discipline and then not be able to shoot because of time. Maybe it's down to lack of experience from the new competitions director only time will tell but personally I can see a lot of shooters unhappy that they couldn't
    shoot

Well it's GREAT to see all you's cutting a new idea to sh!te before it's even been tried out.

I for one would like to see more added like T&P1 & Multi Target with a shotgun, like they do in the UK.

Clive you know as well as I how busy lines are so trying to add extra in is a bit ambitious. Also I'm not trying to cut anything to sh!te I shot every comp last year bar one and seen first hand how busy the lines where.

clivej wrote: »
    Well it's GREAT to see all you's cutting a new idea to sh!te before it's even been tried out.

I for one would like to see more added like T&P1 & Multi Target with a shotgun, like they do in the UK.

I'm a fan of more competitions to be honest. Nothing wrong with a bit of variety. I can't see it happening much though.

Where am I "cutting a new idea to sh!te" to use your words?

Look at my quote above. I welcome new competitions. I'm just saying that it will be difficult to fit it in, not knocking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Baker.22

Well as far as I can see at most of these locations we will not be able to cater for 'all' of the present disciplines

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭badaj0z

. Maybe it's down to lack of experience from the new competitions director only time will tell but personally I can see a lot of shooters unhappy that they couldn't shoot

You cannot leave it be can you? If the clubs have the space and the set up to run "side" shoots then let them. This will offer other disciplines for shooters to try out. The focus has been too narrow for the last few years so a bit of extra choice is good. The calendar will also includes clubs that have not run NASRPC shoots for a while so again there will be more variety.

• Advertisement

badaj0z wrote: »
    You cannot leave it be can you? If the clubs have the space and the set up to run "side" shoots then let them. This will offer other disciplines for shooters to try out. The focus has been too narrow for the last few years so a bit of extra choice is good. The calendar will also includes clubs that have not run NASRPC shoots for a while so again there will be more variety.

I wouldn't mind trying a few new competitions. I've never seen shotgun shooting on paper targets. Wouldn't mind trying that. Although my target has often looked like it was shot at with a shotgun, from 50 - 100 yards. :o

I wouldn't mind trying a few new competitions. I've never seen shotgun shooting on paper targets. Wouldn't mind trying that. Although my target has often looked like it was shot at with a shotgun, from 50 - 100 yards. :o

You'll need a restricted license for the shotgun

clivej wrote: »
    You'll need a restricted license for the shotgun

Feck ya clive, I'm all interested in it now.

Is that because slugs are needed?

Feck ya clive, I'm all interested in it now.

Is that because slugs are needed?

& at least 6 round mag. Pump & semi would do nicely.
    Nothing go'na happen is it
    I shoot these comps. in the UK - - T&P1, multi target, 100y & 200y, Embassy Cup

Advertisement