Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NASRPC's refusal to allow affiliation of clubs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭badaj0z

homerhop wrote: »
    didnt the sports coalition advise us all to canvas our local politicians?
    It's strange how you omit to mention the SC were quiet happy to use mark as a go between to the minister who is his local td when they wanted to. They knew of all his meetings with his local td. If you attended the meeting held in Abbeyleix he was more than willing to let anyone present read the messages/ emails he had with the SC regarding this.

This was well covered in Des Crofton's letter to the NASRPC which was published on the NARGC web site and referred to earlier in this thread. What you have chosen to omit was whilst it was agreed that people should use all the channels available to them, they also agreed to keep the SC informed of the discussions and they also agreed to "sing from the same hymn sheet". They did neither of these things hence the breakdown in trust which is at the core of this matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭habitformin

Also forgot to say .that's not the whole story you omitted a fair bit yourself .You also failed to deny that solo runs were done by Mark . Questions about that .
    What were these solo runs for?
    Who were they for?
    Why the secrecy?
    Was this about the apprenticing firearms scheme ?
    Or was it on a more personal subject.
    If it was nothing to do with shooting then that's fine and a private matter.
    However if it was anything to do with statutory instruments?shooting in general or firearms related it's not fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

NASRPC AGM date, time, and venue have been announced.

I think I'll bring a flask of tea and packed lunch with me :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

clivej wrote: »

And a camper van. ;-)

BattleCorp wrote: »

And a camper van. ;-)

Make it a bus altogether to put up your rent a mob.
    Unless an EGM is called them this AGM is just farce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

Why? I'm sure whatever your gripe you have can be discussed at the AGM

Thanks for labelling me part of a rent-a-mob. I have not insulted you so please do me the honour of not insulting me.

Do you think I am incapable of listening to motions put forward and deciding logically what's best for my sport? It's my sport too, you do realise that, don't you?

If you lose out, so do I.

I'll drive the bus......:rolleyes:....... :eek::eek::eek:

Thanks for labelling me part of a rent-a-mob. I have not insulted you so please do me the honour of not insulting me.

Do you think I am incapable of listening to motions put forward and deciding logically what's best for my sport? It's my sport too, you do realise that, don't you?

Lol so you can wise crack all you want ?the rest of us should shut up and put up?look at yourself and see through the fog battleCorp this whole effort is designed to frustrate the member clubs wishes to expunge the committee that is no longer fit for purpose..This EGM/AGM is going to open up some gap. However good solid shooters who actually have the best interest of shooting oh at heart will prevail.I want all on board you too.you will be asked to make tough calls and you will make the right calls ,of this I have no doubt.

Lol so you can wise back all you want ?the rest of us should shut up and put up?look at yourself and see through the fog battleCorp this whole effort is designed to frustrate the member clubs wishes to expunge the committee that is no longer fit for purpose..This EGM/AGM is going to open up some gap. However good solid shooters who actually have the best interest of shooting oh at heart will prevail.I want all on board you too.you will be asked to make tough calls and you will make the right calls ,of this I have no doubt.

I'm not trying to be smart, or "wise back" as you say.

I've never asked anyone to put up or shut up. Show me once where I said anything remotely similar to telling somebody to put up or shut up? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I haven't once tried to silence anyone. I've absolutely no problem with someone putting down motions for discussion at the AGM.

I will however reserve judgement on all the issues until I hear them debated at the AGM.

Then I'll make a decision based on what I think is best for me and my sport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭cra

I'm not trying to be smart, or "wise back" as you say.

I've never asked anyone to put up or shut up. Show me once where I said anything remotely similar to telling somebody to put up or shut up? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I haven't once tried to silence anyone. I've absolutely no problem with someone putting down motions for discussion at the AGM.

I will however reserve judgement on all the issues until I hear them debated at the AGM.

Then I'll make a decision based on what I think is best for me and my sport.

That's all fair enough and reasonable but do you not see that the clubs that are suddenly not affiliated can not put any motions forward for the AGM or will not be able to raise any issues that they may want discussed. Even if those clubs attend and those issues are somehow raised they will not be able to vote. Do you not see what this will do to the NASRPC in the long run, what it will do to our sport in the long run. As I have said before I am not anti-NASRPC and have praised the committee for their work in the past but the committee are handling this very badly and through their actions are pushing this in the wrong direction, they are pushing this whole thing towards a split and how is that good for the NASRPC and our sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

Battlecorp

Ya it's a lots of people's sport, why then Battlecorp did you remove the AGM details you had posted earlier ?

Ya it's a lots of people's sport, why then Battlecorp did you remove the AGM details you had posted earlier ?

'Cos I said to Battlecorp those that need to know already know what the AGM details are

No malicious reason. There you go. I'll leave it there now if that helps.
    Please find attached the details of the forthcoming NASRPC AGM. It is scheduled for Saturday 16th January 2016, in the Osprey Hotel, Devoy Quarter, Naas. Co. Kildare at 2.30pm. You should also note any constitutional motions must be received by the secretary no later than 21 days in advance of the AGM date. The e mail address of the secretary is will.danaher@nasrpc.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

There's the last part of the AGM - it's called Any Other Business. Pose your questions there!

LB6 wrote: »
    There's the last part of the AGM - it's called Any Other Business. Pose your questions there!

Hi LB6,
    Thanks for that do you think enough time will be left for any other business? There will be some amount of it.
    They might well start with any other business.
    ;-)

No malicious reason. There you go. I'll leave it there now if that helps.
    Please find attached the details of the forthcoming NASRPC AGM. It is scheduled for Saturday 16th January 2016, in the Osprey Hotel, Devoy Quarter, Naas. Co. Kildare at 2.30pm. You should also note any constitutional motions must be received by the secretary no later than 21 days in advance of the AGM date. The e mail address of the secretary is will.danaher@nasrpc.ie
    Is calling for resignation of the entire committee a constitutional matter? if it is consider it called. After all look back through this thread.motion proposed any seconded .

LB6 wrote: »

If it's a motion to do with the constitution, then it has to be sent in writing 21 days before the AGM. I'm not sure that the calling for the Committee to resign is a Constitutional matter. One way or another, all positions on the Committee are voted upon at the AGM as far as I'm aware.

That's grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Trigerguard

What are you employing Habitformin with your rent a mob.
    The majority of target shooters come from killdare, Wicklow, and the greater Dublin area so mob rental won't come in to it.

• Advertisement

The majority of target shooters come from killdare, Wicklow, and the greater Dublin area so mob rental won't come in to it.

Trigger
    I am implying this. The only reason the committee will not call an EGM is that is one club.one vote.
    The AGM will allow open to the floor voting.they hope to carry tho day with the largest clubs behind them.
    The problem is this will cause huge problems and a nation wide split . That is not the desired result as far as I am concerned.
    This will have the effect of leaving the better equipped larger clubs with the NASRPC and the remaining clubs in limbo.a gift to our opponents. Is that what you think is best for shooting?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭ntipptop

jeezus talk about dividing the divided, did you forget that there are four provinces in Ireland and not just leinster !!! also there are more counties than you mentioned, you must have close connections to the current committee because your delusional !!!
    so there's f$£k all shooters in Ulster,Connacht and Munster

BillBen wrote: »
    Got this mail earlier today. So I might answer some questions for people

Dear Shooters,

Please see communication from NASRPC Committee below:

Adopt the Minutes
    Chairman’s Report
    Secretary’s report
    Treasurers Statement of Accounts
    Election of Officers
    Motions for consideration (must be sent to secretary 21 days in advance)
    AOB

Yours in sport,

NASRPC Committee

Txt clipped from post #50 on page 2 of this thread.

The election of officers comes before AOB just to clear up HOW a meeting is held for those that NEVER attend any of the NASRPC AGM's.

So calling for the resignation of the committee at AOB is a little pointless.
    :rolleyes::rolleyes: ---- Unless of course a person doesn't like the elected officers ---- :rolleyes::rolleyes:

BillBen wrote: »
    Got this mail earlier today. So I might answer some questions for people

Dear Shooters,

Please see communication from NASRPC Committee below:

Adopt the Minutes
    Chairman s Report
    Secretary s report
    Treasurers Statement of Accounts
    Election of Officers
    Motions for consideration (must be sent to secretary 21 days in advance)
    AOB

Yours in sport,

NASRPC Committee

Txt clipped from post #50 on page 2 of this thread.

The election of officers comes before AOB just to clear up HOW a meeting is held for those that NEVER attend any of the NASRPC AGM's.

So calling for the resignation of the committee at AOB is a little pointless.
    :rolleyes::rolleyes: ---- Unless of course a person doesn't like the elected officers ---- :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's not a matter of like or dislike,it's a matter of trust and accountability. Fit for purpose really .confidence is another.
    The dedication is good ,always has been.
    This is about our sport,as pointed out earlier for the whole country not a province.
    Some people coming on here trying to make a bad situation worse. The reasons are simple for me. A committee that is working for shooters will listen to them. And work in their best interests not dictate policy decided in a back room. Work with clubs not boot them out at first sign of disagreement. Clubs that travelled all over to go to NASRPC shoots . To be treated like this ? Come on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 downrange

It's not a matter of like or dislike,it's a matter of trust and accountability. Fit for purpose really .confidence is another.
    This is about our sport,as pointed out earlier for the whole country not a province.
    Some people coming on here trying to make a bad situation worse. The reasons are simple for me. A committee that is working for shooters will listen to them. And work in their best interests not dictate policy decided in a back room. Work with clubs not boot them out at first sign of disagreement. Clubs that travelled all over to go to NASRPC shoots . To be treated like this ? Come on!

You talk about "A committee that is working for shooters..." well the current committee have in fact worked very hard for the shooting community and have secured two seats on the FCP to represent OUR interests while the Sport Coalition tried to exclude the NASRPC from the FCP.

You talk about "dictate policy decided in a back room" - is it true that those that are against the current committee have been holding secret invite only meetings to drum up support for a planned committee take over? If that is not "back room" politics then I don't know what is? Also the NASRPC held an open meeting to discuss the issues and apparently none of the opposers turned up, avoiding the biggest opportunity to challenge the committee and ask all the questions that are being now discussed on this forum.

Unfortunately, there is a divide looming but it is being orchestrated by a group of clubs/people who oppose the committee for reasons that began with the Sports Coalition's effective dismissal of the NASRPC. Those clubs/people would be better off engaging in constructive dialog with the committee and trashing out the issues instead of hiding away in secret meetings.

And if you want to replace the committee, the AGM is the place to do it where all positions will be up for re-election but even that isn't good enough?

It would seem that Sarcasm is lost on you.

My opinion is the present top table have done a good job, are doing a good job, and I hope they are all re-elected.

There are opinions here that say an EGM should have been called to evict the present top table. And then with ONE vote from each affiliated club a new committee elected.

All well and good. Or so MANY HERE would have us think.

And then the NEW committee call the AGM ASAP, as this is what a new committee must do.

And the election of officers at the AGM is made by the MEMBERS from all the affiliated clubs.
    And there goes your officers from the EGM in one foul vote.

The majority will always win out in the end.

downrange wrote: »
    You talk about "A committee that is working for shooters..." well the current committee have in fact worked very hard for the shooting community and have secured two seats on the FCP to represent OUR interests while the Sport Coalition tried to exclude the NASRPC from the FCP.

You talk about "dictate policy decided in a back room" - is it true that those that are against the current committee have been holding secret invite only meetings to drum up support for a planned committee take over? If that is not "back room" politics then I don't know what is? Also the NASRPC held an open meeting to discuss the issues and apparently none of the opposers turned up, avoiding the biggest opportunity to challenge the committee and ask all the questions that are being now discussed on this forum.

Unfortunately, there is a divide looming but it is being orchestrated by a group of clubs/people who oppose the committee for reasons that began with the Sports Coalition's effective dismissal of the NASRPC. Those clubs/people would be better off engaging in constructive dialog with the committee and trashing out the issues instead of hiding away in secret meetings.

And if you want to replace the committee, the AGM is the place to do it where all positions will be up for re-election but even that isn't good enough?

Downrange
    I don't know who (whom) you are but with your first post on this thread and forum you have said it all out as it is.

Well done and I support all you have written above (I couldn't have wrote it any better)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 downrange

Downrange
    I don't know who (whom) you are but with your first post on this thread and forum you have said it all out as it is.

Well done and I support all you have written above (I couldn't have wrote it any better)

Thank you for your support.

However, you summed it up even better than I did :-

"The majority will always win out in the end."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

Clivej do you agree with the recent actions of not allowing clubs to affiliate to the NASRPC? Even when these clubs had been affiliated year before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Clivej do you agree with the recent actions of not allowing clubs to affiliate to the NASRPC? Even when these clubs had been affiliated year before.

probably more to it than that, 2 sides to every biscuit.

Advertisement