Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NASRPC's refusal to allow affiliation of clubs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭cra

clivej wrote: »
    "............the cheque was given to a NASRPC committee member back in September as he was going to a committee meeting, that meeting was canceled........"

Why so late too affiliate to the NASRPC??
    Why not send it to the treasurer??
    Was this before or after the 'Secret' meeting of clubs met to oust the top table??

Hi Clivej, so I don't have to wear a boards name tag the next time we meet my name is Mick McGrath, I am a member of An Riocht and I am also on the committee there.

Why so late? we did not think it was late the previous year I think we paid in September and the year before that I think it was July it was not a problem then so we did not anticipate it being a problem now.

Why not send it to the treasurer?? I am not quite sure of that but I do know that we requested receipts the previous years and never received any or any other paperwork to state that we were members, so handing it to some one face to face would be the next best thing.

Do you mean the meeting in Portlaoise attended by members of a large number of clubs to discuss a way forward that was no secret. It was before that meeting that this happened but we were not expelled until after that meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭habitformin

LB6 wrote: »
    Thanks for calling me stupid!

I was under the impression that questions could be asked as it's an OPEN meeting. I never said anything about making proposals. And I did say that they couldn't vote!

Hi LB6
    You are not stupid.
    I can see you are trying to be constructive that's admirable .
    This mess will never be cleared up once members or should I say former members are excluded from the solution.
    But I get your point we should be allowed to participate. I doubt it tho as this committee are hanging unto power like Assad dug in like tic's.God only knows why?
    It was brought to my attention else where that this is not about all shooters and rightly so. Anyway there is life after all this and I might just take my business elsewhere . Let the NASRPC have their day let them have their CLIQ.but not another Red cent from me.
    Let's see how this unfolds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

That's all fair enough, but there's room for everyone. You should go and see what the fuss is about!

Thanks for calling me stupid!

I was under the impression that questions could be asked as it's an OPEN meeting. I never said anything about making proposals. And I did say that they couldn't vote!

Sorry LB6 I was not calling you stupid I was only passing a comment as to the reason why.

That's all fair enough, but there's room for everyone. You should go and see what the fuss is about!

That's grand but don't see me taking on such a long journey just to watch the death of my sport .killed by the ego of rock star shooters..
    This is pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

That's grand but don't see me taking on such a long journey just to watch the death of my sport .killed by the ego of rock star shooters..
    This is pathetic.

What's the point of posting stuff on boards but then you won't go to the AGM?

Surely if you have a problem, then the best thing to do is go to the AGM and discuss your grievances.

I'm not one of those calling for the Committee to resign because I don't have all the facts. I have "he said", "she said" facts that have been posted here but I'd like to see the Committee put forward their side of things too before I make any decisions.

If I think that the Committee have acted outside of the rules or not in the best interests of shooters, then I'd have no problem voting against them.

I'm just not going to accept things that are said here as facts without hearing both sides.

The only way we will know if things were done correctly is if they are debated at the AGM.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    This is pathetic.

What's the point of posting stuff on boards but then you won't go to the AGM?

Surely if you have a problem, then the best thing to do is go to the AGM and discuss your grievances.

I'm not one of those calling for the Committee to resign because I don't have all the facts. I have "he said", "she said" facts that have been posted here but I'd like to see the Committee put forward their side of things too before I make any decisions.

If I think that the Committee have acted outside of the rules or not in the best interests of shooters, then I'd have no problem voting against them.

I'm just not going to accept things that are said here as facts without hearing both sides.

The only way we will know if things were done correctly is if they are debated at the AGM.

Hi BattleCorp, I want to go, I would gladly go but my contribution wouldn't be allowed. I want to address this and as you say hear exactly what the logic behind this is. But sure they won't listen to me because they don't have to. Have you not seen the way they treated former affiliated clubs?I haven't a chance. As things stand this is the only place I have a voice . Otherwise I wouldn't be here at all! I will have to rely on the likes of you to weigh up the argument on the day and trust your judgement to see if this committee need to be called to task. Unless I can have a voice I would only be wasting my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Hi BattleCorp, I want to go, I would gladly go but my contribution wouldn't be allowed. I want to address this and as you say hear exactly what the logic behind this is. But sure they won't listen to me because they don't have to. Have you not seen the way they treated former affiliated clubs?I haven't a chance. As things stand this is the only place I have a voice . Otherwise I wouldn't be here at all! I will have to rely on the likes of you to weigh up the argument on the day and trust your judgement to see if this committee need to be called to task. Unless I can have a voice I would only be wasting my time.

Did any affiliated clubs correctly ask for an EGM? If they did, then I'm sure they have exactly the same questions to ask the Committee as you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭badaj0z

A retrospective review of this thread show that there are 4 main types of people posting on here:

1. Those who have only heard the committee's version of events.
    2. Those that have only heard the people who want the committee replaced's view of events.
    3. Those who have heard both.
    4. Those who have heard neither and are waiting to hear both sides of the story at the AGM before voting.

Category 1 is supporting the committee for now.
    Category 2 is overwhelmingly looking for the replacement of the committee.
    Category 3 also wants the committee removed.
    Category 4 will decide based on the evidence put forward and the demeanour of the people stating the case for both sides. The AGM should prove to be an interesting event for them
    I suggest that all this discussion is wasted on category 1. until we get to the AGM as they do not want to believe what they are being told until they can "put their hand" in the wound." I look forward to helping with their conversion at the AGM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Did any affiliated clubs correctly ask for an EGM? If they did, then I'm sure they have exactly the same questions to ask the Committee as you do.

Well considering that the election of officers to the committee comes before AOB Id be mindful that you might not get any answers... It could be a long AGM.

• Advertisement

One of the main points on this thread has been the "At Hilltop the members wanted to stay in the SC, and then the NASRPC pulled out" or words to that effect.

At the same time as the letter from the NASRPC was being read out at Hilltop the same letter was read out by the NASRPC secretary at Harbour House to the people there.

After a lot of talking it was bought up as to WHY the NASRPC were still in the SC. As I heard it, it was the majority of people that said to get out from the SC now.

Now with this extra info was it not up to the committee to make a decision for it's members about what to do?? And they made the correct choice and got their voice on the FCP. Whereas by staying with the SC it would have been Des Croftens panel because the NASRPC did not get an invite onto that/DC's panel.

This in some ways sums up the original problem, at Hilltop there was 8 or 9 clubs taking part in the comp there and attended the meeting, at Harbour House there was a meeting as well I was not there but from what you say the members there wanted out of the SC. The members at Hilltop want them to go back in and sort it out, obviously a big difference of opinion across the membership. The committee have to have been aware of this and in the face of such differences of opinion between the membership should have called an EGM to discuss the way forward. They did not and made a decision.
    A large number of clubs disagreed with the committees actions and called for an EGM, not to replace the committee as I understood it but to debate the actions of the current committee and elect a new committee. Depending on the outcome of any debate that would have happened the current/old committee may have been re-elected or may not which is the way with democracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Trigerguard

This is pathetic.

Habitformin you can thank your club for not leaving you have a say at the up comeing NASRPC AGM. For one of two reasons.
    1 not paying their affiliation on time.
    2 writing such an insulting stupid letter to the to the committee of the NASRPC.
    That's why you won't be making the journey to killdare but I trust the right decisions will be made in your absence

Habitformin you can thank your club for not leaving you have a say at the up comeing NASRPC AGM. For one of two reasons.
    2 writing such an insulting stupid letter to the to the committee of the NASRPC.
    That's why you won't be making the journey to killdare but I trust the right decisions will be made in your absence

That letter may of used language that should not of been used, but its language that NASRPC committee members themselves used.. ie calling a person the "SC BITCH" not very nice and its not on paper so no record but it happened, and just because someone calls another a bully boys they get there cheque sent back to them, little over the top but it was a tactical move..

This is pathetic.

That's why you won't be making the journey to killdare but I trust the right decisions will be made

Any one got a copy of that letter I would dearly like to see what all the commotion is about .and thanks for the very informative post Trigger.it's nice to know you grasped the situation although there are times I wonder? Just to elaborate further see the previous posts by cra on this thread and you might grasp that nothing different was done by the club to warrant their dismissal .apart from an ego bruising letter poor committee members have feelings too. Hopefully some affiliated club will call this committee to task on that. Now there is a mission for you trigger focus on that for a while .
    Anyone got a copy of this terrible letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

cra wrote: »
    This in some ways sums up the original problem, at Hilltop there was 8 or 9 clubs taking part in the comp there and attended the meeting, at Harbour House there was a meeting as well I was not there but from what you say the members there wanted out of the SC. The members at Hilltop want them to go back in and sort it out, obviously a big difference of opinion across the membership. The committee have to have been aware of this and in the face of such differences of opinion between the membership should have called an EGM to discuss the way forward. They did not and made a decision.
    A large number of clubs disagreed with the committees actions and called for an EGM, not to replace the committee as I understood it but to debate the actions of the current committee and elect a new committee. Depending on the outcome of any debate that would have happened the current/old committee may have been re-elected or may not which is the way with democracy.

And there lays a big problem. If an EGM was called and run only one topic can be aired. So it would have been to 'debate the current action' or ' elect a new committee' not both.

And a far as I know the wording for calling that EGM would have to be the same from all the clubs calling for the EGM. You can't some clubs saying they want a debate while others calling for a new committee.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

Sorry but I'm a member of hilltop and was at the meeting and the only people I heard calling for the Nasrpc to go back to the sc were the lads from Kerry and not any of the hilltop members
    I know. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding your comment I'm only referring to hilltop members

Triggerguard I do not know which club you are a member of but maybe you should ask when they paid their affiliation and see if the same rules apply to your club and I'd love to know how many clubs paid in the one month after the AGM time frame that is being quoted.

As for the letter, in the interest of openness I got permission from the rest of the committee of An Riocht to publish it here, you can all make up your own mind whether it was grounds to effectively expel a club.

An Riocht rifle and pistol club ,
    Ballyrameen,
    Castlemaine,
    Co.Kerry,
    Dear Mr.Danaher,
    It is with great disappointment and dismay that we have to respond to your communication on 24/10/15 ,regarding the decisions the NASRPC have made ,as theydisregard the wishes of affiliated clubs and members that were at the Hilltop shoot on October 17.It was made very clear that the club wanted the NASRPC to re-engage with the sports coalition.
    It is now clear from ye re actions that the NASRPC is nothing but a bully boy dictatorship who no longer represents or intends to represent it s members.

It is the unanimous decision of An Riocht ,that the ENTIRE current executive committee of the NASRPC resign en bloc with immediate effect and an E.G.M date be decided and circulated to its members in due course.
    The NASRPC is by constitution a representative body established to serve it s members and in your actions ye have failed catastrophically in this and in our opion the NASRPC are no longer fit for purpose.
    The NASRPC has let down it s shooters who rallied valiantly together in the recent threat to our sport,men and women who went out got petitions signed,submitted proposals and called upon their representatives in every consituency.

An Riocht will NOT be attending the meeting on the 1/11/2015,and will be disregarding any correspondence from the current committee of the NASRPC .

And there lays a big problem. If an EGM was called and run only one topic can be aired. So it would have been to 'debate the current action' or ' elect a new committee' not both.

And a far as I know the wording for calling that EGM would have to be the same from all the clubs calling for the EGM. You can't some clubs saying they want a debate while others calling for a new committee.

All the EGM letters called for the same thing to elect a new committee this would have given the current committee a chance to defend their actions and face their critics, sounded fair to me at the time and it sounds fair now.

BillBen wrote: »
    Sorry but I'm a member of hilltop and was at the meeting and the only people I heard calling for the Nasrpc to go back to the sc were the lads from Kerry and not any of the hilltop members
    I know. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding your comment I'm only referring to hilltop members

There was a lot more than "the lads from Kerry" calling for the NASRPC to go back to the SC, I heard people from MTSC and Harbour House among others.

There was a lot more than "the lads from Kerry" calling for the NASRPC to go back to the SC, I heard people from MTSC and Harbour House among others.

cra that is also what I heard

• Advertisement

Well since MTope agreed to make an effort at the time to get back into talks I guess you should of spoke up if you felt different about the SC, at the meeting it was all about getting back to being part of the SC, everything after that has us where we are now...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I'm not going to pretend to fully follow everything going on here, and it's why the other Mods and myself have not posted.

However one thing that is not only a forum rule, but a site rule is:

No accusations against named individuals.

This includes people that can be easily identified or recognised from a description or reference. This will result in the immediate deletion of any post that breaks this rule, the closing of the thread (temporarily or permanently as the situation dictates) and possible ramifications for the user responsible.

The Mods have let the thread run so that everyone may discuss the topic as freely as they may like, however we will step in and stop this if this one, very important, rule is broken. Some may say, "Well it's on record". that is fine, and if it's there for all to read so be it, but there is a difference between stating a publicly available fact and then making accusations as to the reasons for this after the fact.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 downrange

Triggerguard I do not know which club you are a member of but maybe you should ask when they paid their affiliation and see if the same rules apply to your club and I'd love to know how many clubs paid in the one month after the AGM time frame that is being quoted.

As for the letter, in the interest of openness I got permission from the rest of the committee of An Riocht to publish it here, you can all make up your own mind whether it was grounds to effectively expel a club.

Ballyrameen,
    Castlemaine,
    Co.Kerry,
    Dear Mr.Danaher,
    It is with great disappointment and dismay that we have to respond to your communication on 24/10/15 ,regarding the decisions the NASRPC have made ,as theydisregard the wishes of affiliated clubs and members that were at the Hilltop shoot on October 17.It was made very clear that the club wanted the NASRPC to re-engage with the sports coalition.
    It is now clear from ye re actions that the NASRPC is nothing but a bully boy dictatorship who no longer represents or intends to represent it s members.

It is the unanimous decision of An Riocht ,that the ENTIRE current executive committee of the NASRPC resign en bloc with immediate effect and an E.G.M date be decided and circulated to its members in due course.
    The NASRPC is by constitution a representative body established to serve it s members and in your actions ye have failed catastrophically in this and in our opion the NASRPC are no longer fit for purpose.
    The NASRPC has let down it s shooters who rallied valiantly together in the recent threat to our sport,men and women who went out got petitions signed,submitted proposals and called upon their representatives in every consituency.

An Riocht will NOT be attending the meeting on the 1/11/2015,and will be disregarding any correspondence from the current committee of the NASRPC .

Having read your letter, I would suggest that you possibly signed your own destiny.

While you were entitled to express your disappointment, you did not have the right to order the committee to resign. You had the right to request an EGM and follow the correct procedures but issuing a direct order was not the way to do it.

You described the NASRPC as being no longer fit for purpose and it is your opinion that the NASRPC has let down it's shooters but not all shooters agree with you.

However, your last sentence is where you really fell down:-
    "An Riocht will NOT be attending the meeting on the 1/11/2015,and will be disregarding any correspondence from the current committee of the NASRPC"

As the saying goes "Them's fightin words", that sentence is pretty final and they would have been left in no doubt that you were out of the picture of your own choice.

Thank about it, if an employee sent a letter like that to an employer, the employee would be dismissed.

You could have expressed your disappointment with a more professional choice of words and you should have requested a meeting to discuss matters further. That would have been the professional approach. Don't close the door, always keep talking.

You closed the door, they just locked it after you closed it.

Having said all of that, I and most others do not wish to see you excluded from the NASRPC and I would suggest that you rethink your own actions and words and consider if there is any way that you can park the emotion and make some effort to reopen that door?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

I can almost see ,going by the words of the letter,and if I think its is whom I think it is the person who wrote it.:)Someone who doesnt suffer fools gladly,and calls it as he sees it.If it is who I think it is,you are dealing with someone who doesnt give in easily,if at all and has the tenacity and temperment of a pit bull with a sore head ,if his dander is up and this falling out of NARGC/NASRPC/SC would be a burr that would really get under his saddle blanket,as he belived that this was progress[more or less] in the right direction for once here.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

downrange wrote: »

Ballyrameen,
    Castlemaine,
    Co.Kerry,
    Dear Mr.Danaher,

Having read your letter, I would suggest that you possibly signed your own destiny.

While you were entitled to express your disappointment, you did not have the right to order the committee to resign. You had the right to request an EGM and follow the correct procedures but issuing a direct order was not the way to do it.

You described the NASRPC as being no longer fit for purpose and it is your opinion that the NASRPC has let down it's shooters but not all shooters agree with you.

"An Riocht will NOT be attending the meeting on the 1/11/2015,and will be disregarding any correspondence from the current committee of the NASRPC"

As the saying goes "Them's fightin words", that sentence is pretty final and they would have been left in no doubt that you were out of the picture of your own choice.

Thank about it, if an employee sent a letter like that to an employer, the employee would be dismissed.

You could have expressed your disappointment with a more professional choice of words and you should have requested a meeting to discuss matters further. That would have been the professional approach. Don't close the door, always keep talking.

Having said all of that, I and most others do not wish to see you excluded from the NASRPC and I would suggest that you rethink your own actions and words and consider if there is any way that you can park the emotion and make some effort to reopen that door?

Hi downrange ,
    Again you get some of what went on, ridiculous emails went out from the desk of a committee member of the NASRPC insulting the whole club of An Riocht .they were internal emails of the current committee of the NASRPC.condescending emails that you would be well upset with yourself. Somehow the emails came to be sent in error to a member or members of An Riocht and this started the bad blood between both groups. I know the letter is 'strong' however when your back is to the wall and the people who put you there ( even after it must be said you have allowed them the grace of forgiveness for an error of arrogance) one cannot wonder how it ended there.
    All the information must be digested before one comes to any conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Valhalla18

Only just recently decided to follow this on Boards after hearing different stories about what was being said .

Boxer1 , you made a statement about the correct squad did not go to shoot in Germany , can you elaborate on that , who are the correct squad in your opinion ? and what rule change was made to stop people getting on the team ??

ntipptop , you say some cheated , who ? , if you are going to make serious allegations I hope you have good proof ?? also you mention " fixed the scoring " , once again , in your opinion how was this done and by whom ?? .

There is a lot of other stuff mentioned on these posts - some valid and a lot total crap ,( in my opinion )

regards
    Valhalla18

Valhalla18 wrote: »
    Only just recently decided to follow this on Boards after hearing different stories about what was being said .

Boxer1 , you made a statement about the correct squad did not go to shoot in Germany , can you elaborate on that , who are the correct squad in your opinion ? and what rule change was made to stop people getting on the team ??

ntipptop , you say some cheated , who ? , if you are going to make serious allegations I hope you have good proof ?? also you mention " fixed the scoring " , once again , in your opinion how was this done and by whom ?? .

There is a lot of other stuff mentioned on these posts - some valid and a lot total crap ,( in my opinion )

regards
    Valhalla18

Wow I missed all the above .
    The level of distrust Of this committee just keeps getting worse and worse.is their anyone besides this committee actually believing anything from them anymore?
    What in the name of God is going on with these people?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Valhalla18

Habitformin , who said I mistrusted them ?
    what I asked was for both boxer1 and ntipptopp to expand on their posts .
    You seem to want to turn everything into a hate campaign against the nasrpc . That's your prerogative but I have no interest in falling to your level .
    And just in case your wondering , no , I am not a member of the nasrpc committee .
    Have a nice day .
    regards
    Valhalla18 .

Valhalla18 wrote: »
    Habitformin , who said I mistrusted them ?
    what I asked was for both boxer1 and ntipptopp to expand on their posts .
    You seem to want to turn everything into a hate campaign against the nasrpc . That's your prerogative but I have no interest in falling to your level .
    And just in case your wondering , no , I am not a member of the nasrpc committee .
    Have a nice day .
    regards
    Valhalla18 .

Oh okay sound,
    it's the other two people I was talking about not you.

• Advertisement

downrange wrote: »

downrange I am happy to hear that you do not wish to see us excluded and you are entitled to your opinion on that letter. I have read it and reread it myself, of course I know the background to this letter being written and understand the anger and frustration that was felt by our members at the time due to the incident over the cheque and the email that habitformin alluded to so I am probably biased when I look at the letter.

You said that other people would not agree with us when we said the committee was "not fit for purpose", that's fair enough we were after all expressing our clubs opinion.

You are right about the last line when you said "Thems fightin words" and I do see where the committee might take issue with them but I disagree with you comparison between employee and employer, if anything its the other way around, I would see any of the member clubs as the employer and the committee as the employee after all we do elect them to do a job for us.

I have served on quite a few committees in my time and every club and association I served on had one thing in common, there was a procedure to disciplining or expelling a member, you know the sequence depending on the infringement from a slap on the wrist up to expulsion from the club or association. I never seen it happen so quickly with it looks like no procedures followed and no reason given and this is a national association so these things are even more important.

Part of the problem is that we do not know the reason for our exclusion, is it late payment, is it because of this letter or is it something else. We have written (a nice letter) to the NASRPC committee asking for the reason for our exclusion but to date have not received an answer. How can we move forward without this information, if its the letter then maybe something can be done but if its because of late payment we will have to disagree with the committee, if its because of something else then who knows.

Advertisement