Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

somewhere very cheap to kip

Options
  • 11-11-2015 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭

Hi folks going on the lash in Dublin on Saturday night, city centre. Is there anywhere dirt cheap you can recommend or is there anywhere where I could park and kip in the car ? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,853 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Sleeping in a car locked is an incredibly bad idea as you may still get done for drunk in control of a vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭6541

L1011 wrote:
    Sleeping in a car locked is an incredibly bad idea as you may still get done for drunk in control of a vehicle.

I don't care about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Where in Dublin are you going? You could park up in a residential area (ranelagh is quiet, about 20 min walk to Grafton St), you can pan out on the backseat with a dark blanket covering you, doubt anyone will pass any heed..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Used to be very cheap, basic basic hotels around the quiet side of Stephens Green. Dunno if they are still there.

Where in Dublin are you going? You could park up in a residential area (ranelagh is quiet, about 20 min walk to Grafton St), you can pan out on the backseat with a dark blanket covering you, doubt anyone will pass any heed..

I will be ending up on exchequer street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,681 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

6541 wrote: »
    Hi folks going on the lash in Dublin on Saturday night, city centre. Is there anywhere dirt cheap you can recommend or is there anywhere where I could park and kip in the car ? Thanks.

A hotel carpark with a cheap overnight fee. March in to the hotel the next morning, stroll through the corridors like you own the place. Nip in to the first empty open room you see and have a shower. Otherwise, you might get something in the Generator for around €30 or €40, but it's a bit late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

I will be ending up on exchequer street.
    pay for overnight parking in the fleet street car park..dirt cheap.

pay for overnight parking in the fleet street car park..dirt cheap.

Ya but I am wondering would that security of the car park not throw you out when they see you rocking up to car park at say 3 am !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Avalon house isnt far from exchequer street and it might be worth checking out some of the bed and breakfast joints on Gardiner street

• Registered Users Posts: 68,853 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I don't care about that.

quoting for the inevitable "I've been convicted of drink driving and I wasn't even driving" thread on Motors or Legal Discussion in a few weeks :pac:

Carpark staff are likely to notice if you're sleeping in a car. Back of a van, less so.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

No idea how much it costs, but you could get a return to Belfast on one of the middle of the night buses and snooze on the buses.

Or party till late and get to Markievicz Pool for a swim and shower to wake up at ten.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

Money for beer.... priorities...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

spurious wrote: »

Or party till late and get to Markievicz Pool for a swim and shower to wake up at ten.

Closed for renovations at the minute unfortunately

21/25

I am still stuck ! All the hostels are booked out !! I will be adding to the homeless population.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Your best bet is to park in a residential area- I'd go with Ranelagh or even Leinster road, Rathmines- and sleep in the back under a blanket, as has already been said...

That, or find someone to go home with. Any friends or family in the Dublin area that would lend you a floor? Anyone you're going out with tonight?

Probably shouldn't be going out if you're this stuck for somewhere.

Your best bet is to park in a residential area- I'd go with Ranelagh or even Leinster road, Rathmines- and sleep in the back under a blanket, as has already been said...

That, or find someone to go home with. Any friends or family in the Dublin area that would lend you a floor? Anyone you're going out with tonight?

Probably shouldn't be going out if you're this stuck for somewhere.

Thanks for that, yeah I think that will be the plan. feck me the prices in Dublin have really shot up !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

uch wrote: »
    Closed for renovations at the minute unfortunately

Thank heavens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

You'll wake up early, still be under the influance and drive. Exactly the reason car park attendants and many other people including myself out report someone sleeping in a vehicle.

You'll wake up early, still be under the influance and drive. Exactly the reason car park attendants and many other people including myself out report someone sleeping in a vehicle.

I might decide to sleep in in the back of my car. It is none of yours or anyone else's business if I am asleep in my car. PS I found a savage spot to park in Dublin city, so happy days. I will be drinking my head off and sleeping in my car in the city center. Keep an eye out and have your phone ready !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

I might decide to sleep in in the back of my car. It is none of yours or anyone else's business if I am asleep in my car. PS I found a savage spot to park in Dublin city, so happy days. I will be drinking my head off and sleeping in my car in the city center. Keep an eye out and have your phone ready !

Ah you're wrong, but looks like that's a fairly regular occurrence if you're having to sleep in the back of your car after a night out.

With any luck, given the time of year, you'll get pulled in the morning and it'll be a fairly long ban.

Enjoy your night out.

• Advertisement

Ah you're wrong, but looks like that's a fairly regular occurrence if you're having to sleep in the back of your car after a night out.

With any luck, given the time of year, you'll get pulled in the morning and it'll be a fairly long ban.

Enjoy your night out.

I would say your great craic! I would love to live beside you. Do you go around looking in windows of houses as well ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

It kind of is as you're committing a crime.

Lux23 wrote: »
    It kind of is as you're committing a crime.

I think you will find that I am not committing any crime and you will find it is perfectly legal to sleep in your car whilst intoxicated. Not one court in the land will convict you. However looking in your neighbors windows, I think that is a crime.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'd be more worried the local betracksuited fauna would think it was amusing to attack you or damage your car.

spurious wrote: »
    I'd be more worried the local betracksuited fauna would think it was amusing to attack you or damage your car.

Yeah that would be a problem alright. But I am a MMA fighter and a keen hurler. I tend to keep a couple of hurls in the Car. So I would be happy enough to sleep in my car. I have slept in my Car in the North with southern reg and not one sh!t do I give.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Park the car up on Sheriff Street and sleep in it there, you'll be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

I think you will find that I am not committing any crime and you will find it is perfectly legal to sleep in your car whilst intoxicated. Not one court in the land will convict you. However looking in your neighbors windows, I think that is a crime.

Probably best from a security point of view would be to park up and sleep outside one of the city centre Garda stations.

You'll be grand there.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭KT10

I think you should go out on your night out knowing that if you don't score, you'll be sleeping rough, nothing like a bit of motivation to up yer pulling game.
    But I am a MMA fighter

Nice, invite the ladies of Exchequer St to, "the guns show", they'll be falling over themselves to bring you home.
    and a keen hurler.

Double nice, sure it if the above doesn't work, throw on your auld GAA jersey and stumble 10 mins up the road to Copper Face Jacks, even I scored in there once and I am neither an MMA fighter, nor a hurler.

Best of luck chief.

I could have had more fun with this, but we're not in AH. :pac:

I did a good recky around Dublin on Sunday. There are loads of spots that one can just pull up and park. Like if you are going on the absolute lang why the Fook would ya pay for a hotel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Park the car up on Sheriff Street and sleep in it there, you'll be grand.

+1

There's loads of parking there.

Advertisement