Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

missing internal hard drive

Options
  • 11-11-2015 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭

i have an ssd which windows is on and 3 internal hard drives.one of the hard drives just dissapeared yesterday.it is showing in device manager,but i cannot find it to access the folders on it.
    i havent tried seeing if it shows in bios, but if its showing in device manager and it says this device is working properly i dont know what else to do?
    i reinstalled win 7 at the weekend so maybe that has something to do with that?i was going to try uninstalling the drive and rebooting but i dont want to loose anything on it.personally i dont think the drive is failing or anything like that.
    its weird.
    any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Start -> Right click on Computer -> Manage -> Disk Management. Right click on the disk missing in here and choose "assign a drive letter". Could be as simple as that!

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Clict start and right click on Computer. Select 'manage' and then 'disk management'. Does it show up in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭kodistar

Hi there,

It could be a damage hard drive run crystal disk to see if it comes up fail r pass or as someone said already go to disk and assign a letter if all fails look for disk recovery online and run it and get all your lost data off it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

yoyo wrote: »
    Start -> Right click on Computer -> Manage -> Disk Management. Right click on the disk missing in here and choose "assign a drive letter". Could be as simple as that!

Nick

And you were right! Thanks nick that worked straight away.
    Thanks for the replies lads.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

crazygeryy wrote: »
    And you were right! Thanks nick that worked straight away.
    Thanks for the replies lads.

Common issue! :) Especially with USB keys. Delighted to hear that's all it was.

Nick

• Advertisement
Advertisement