Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC 2016 Season

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

The league cup final will take place in Limerick after a coin-toss today (if there really even was one - Pats were happy to travel to limerick).

Final on Sept 17th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

osarusan wrote: »
    The league cup final will take place in Limerick after a coin-toss today (if there really even was one - Pats were happy to travel to limerick).

Final on Sept 17th.

Any kick off time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Any kick off time

Will be decided by the TV company. Pretty sure it will be Eir.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Will be decided by the TV company. Pretty sure it will be Eir.

Daytime or evening more likely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Daytime or evening more likely?

Being on a Saturday I'd say evening as Sky have the 3pm kick offs showing live in Ireland.

Anyone know what way the ticket allocation will be done, does both teams get half the amount each or is it up to the home team to sort it out.

Also anyone know the exact time for next weekends fai cup game. I've seen 3pm kick off don't not 100per cent sure.

• Advertisement

At the moment I would say the usual 6:30. The only premier league match clashing is Everton vs Middlesborough but that shouldn't affect it. It would suit Pats fans also as they can get the train down and back home again.

FAI Cup game is on the Friday at 7:45pm as far as I know.

FAI Cup game is on the Friday at 7:45pm as far as I know.

Right you are, live score must have only updated it last night or this morning.

Limerick will play Oman on Friday August 26th as a result the UCD game will be pushed back to Sunday 28th at 6pm.

Limerick will play Oman on Friday August 26th as a result the UCD game will be pushed back to Sunday 28th at 6pm.

Oman? The country?

Oman? The country?

Yup, they play Cork on the Tuesday and Limerick on the Friday before they play Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Seems so. I heard that last night too and thought I had picked it up wrong.

Limerick 2-0 Cabinteely

(Tracy, Coughlan).

I wasn't able to make it myself (thanks a lot FAI, Inter, and Celtic) but Limerick beat Cabinteely 2-0 this afternoon to go 21 points clear with 21 points left to play for. With our goal difference a ridiculous 44 better than the 2nd placed UCD, we are as close to champions as it's possible to be.

We took the lead with a Shane Tracy freekick that was apparently an overhit cross that found its way to the top corner, and made it 2-0 with what seems to have been a good individual goal from Garbhan Coughlan after robbing a defender.

The second half seemed like a quiet affair, with Limerick missing a late penalty.

Next week we are away to St. Pats on Friday 19th in the FAI Cup,

and the following weekend we have:

Limerick vs Oman, Friday August 26th, 7.45pm, and then:

Away to UCD, Sunday August 28th, 6pm.

A very solid crowd came out to watch the Limerick match today which was great to see. Celtic Inter was a complete flop. Stadium less than half full. Just a pity we moved our match to accommodate it and a good few regulars missed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

A very solid crowd came out to watch the Limerick match today which was great to see. Celtic Inter was a complete flop. Stadium less than half full. Just a pity we moved our match to accommodate it and a good few regulars missed out.

Who was responsible for promoting that Celtic V Inter Milan game? Wouldn't be my cup of tea but coverage was non-existent in the lead up to it. Also playing it when leagues had already started back mean there was never a hope of either team having anyone remotely interesting playing.

Treepole wrote: »
    Who was responsible for promoting that Celtic V Inter Milan game? Wouldn't be my cup of tea but coverage was non-existent in the lead up to it. Also playing it when leagues had already started back mean there was never a hope of either team having anyone remotely interesting playing.

In fairness inter side had a few names looked strong enough but Celtic under 20's were brought over, just from looking at the line ups in twitter

Brendan Rodgers wasn't too pleased with having a friendly after the season started. Their SPL game was postponed for it also.

I reckon it was the usual attitude of "it's Celtic vs Inter Milan, people will just buy tickets we don't need to advertise". Celtic haven't been a pull in Ireland for years. They play here nearly every year and don't sell out the smaller venues. Inter Milan haven't been challenging in a few years.

Brendan Rodgers wasn't too pleased with having a friendly after the season started. Their SPL game was postponed for it also.

I reckon it was the usual attitude of "it's Celtic vs Inter Milan, people will just buy tickets we don't need to advertise". Celtic haven't been a pull in Ireland for years. They play here nearly every year and don't sell out the smaller venues. Inter Milan haven't been challenging in a few years.

I genuinely reckon if inter had a household name they'd have got a much bigger ground alot of people never heard of icardi

I genuinely reckon if inter had a household name they'd have got a much bigger ground alot of people never heard of icardi

True and let's be honest most people would struggle to name 5 Celtic players.

The only inter players I really knew were Medel, Perisic and Miranda.

Also didn't help that Saturday was the first day of the Premier League so a lot of people would have preferred to spend their money out watching that and the match itself on telly than going to the match plus the local junior football is back up and running so a lot of their matches would have been 6.30pm kick offs.

A number of people on one of the Celtic forums also said that with the Celtic/Barca game being so costly a lot of people could only afford to go to one game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Oman? The country?

If john o Flynn plays it will be God Vs Country

• Advertisement

St. Pats 2-0 Limerick

We exited the FAI cup fairly tamely tonight against a Pats team that were easily superior.

We started brightly and had a chance from a Lynch shot, but after 20 minutes or so they took over and controlled the rest of the game. We defended well enough until they went ahead just before half time, when a shot from the edge of the area took a big deflection and completely wrong-footed Hall.

In the second they continued to limit us to long balls and hopeful flicks, and went 2 up when a ball to the back post was headed back across goal for their striker to score from a yard out.

We tried gamely, but couldn't break them down at all, and if it wasn't for Hall making some truly exceptional saves, it could have been much worse.

Next games:
    Limerick vs Oman, Friday August 26th, 7.45pm, and then:

Away to UCD, Sunday August 28th, 6pm.

St Pats had a game plan and they played it perfectly. Limerick had no plan B but I think on the bigger pitch Limerick will take them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Just saw the highlights on soccer Republic, Hall made some great saves to be fair.

A lot of work to be done for next season at the back although I reckon the lads were not too interested in that trophy, it'll be a different game next month for Pats in the EA sports cup final I reckon.

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Just saw the highlights on soccer Republic, Hall made some great saves to be fair.

A lot of work to be done for next season at the back although I reckon the lads were not too interested in that trophy, it'll be a different game next month for Pats in the EA sports cup final I reckon.

Why wouldn't they be interested, winners of fai trophy get a el spot don't they?

They would have been up for it alright, just had a bad night. Final in the aviva is a huge draw.

Hi all, just noticed that despite what my posts have said, the Oman friendly kicks off at 7pm tonight. I hope nobody has been relying on my posts for that info.

Tickets on sale at the ground, and season tickets are not valid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

if they play the same team that they put out against cork city there will be some big named players

Also terrace tickets are on sale tonight for the EA Sports Cup Final on Spetember 17th.

Also terrace tickets are on sale tonight for the EA Sports Cup Final on Spetember 17th.

Were else are they on sale, missing tonight cause of work...

Also who are the trialists tonight?

• Advertisement

Limerick 2-2 Oman

(Ba (trialist), O'Flynn)

Limerick and Oman played out a relaxed draw tonight, with huge numbers of substitutions on both side. We took an early lead when Sean Russell played a diagonal ball in behind the defence and the trialist Ba had a simple finish from about 10 yards out. Ba was wrecked from abut 30 minutes in though.

Oman equalised from a penalty after another trialist was adjudged (a bit harshly I thought) to have fouled in the box. Soon after that, they went ahead. Sean Kelly was off receiving treatment and they took full advantage of the space on the right, with a player cutting inside and smashing a superb shot across Hall and into the top corner.

Oman were the better side from then on and it took a couple of good saves by Hall to keep it at 2-1.

In the second half, Limerick made 9 or 10 changes, while Oman made about 6 or 7 themselves. Two of our substitutes combined for our equaliser, with O'Flynn nodding down to Mulhall, who played O'Flynn in with a lovely lob over the defnce, and O'Flynn shielded the ball before finishing calmly.

There wasn't much action after that, although Limerick had a great penalty shout late on when Ross Mann went down in the box. The linesman flagged for a penalty but it wasn't given.

Next game: away to UCD, Sunday August 18th, 6pm. If we get even a point, we are champions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement