Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC 2016 Season

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

John O'Flynn signs again for the coming season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭Jofspring

For anyone that doesn't know the lad we just signed is one of the brightest talents in the league and a really coup for Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Jofspring wrote: »
    For anyone that doesn't know the lad we just signed is one of the brightest talents in the league and a really coup for Limerick.

It's even better that it's really annoyed all the people of Cork

Just need a couple of defenders now.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 431 ✭✭Killergreene

What's the story with paudie

What's the story with paudie

Hearing rumours of him to Cork but not sure if he has even trained with them.

Cork wouldn't stump up the money to keep Ogbene at Cork whose possibly rated as the best u19s player in the country last year so I doubt they'll pay it for Paudie whose younger than Ogbene and they'd have to pay a fee to Limerick too.

If Paudies to leave it's off to England or up the m7 for him otherwise can't see him leaving and at that he's still very young and raw so couldn't see other Irish clubs offering him that good a deal to be worth traveling for.

https://m.facebook.com/OfficialLimerickFC/photos/a.383440733885.162992.93574368885/10154847999808886/?type=3

Saw him training out in UL and the man looks quality, lethal in the air too.

https://m.facebook.com/OfficialLimerickFC/photos/a.383440733885.162992.93574368885/10154847999808886/?type=3

Saw him training out in UL and the man looks quality, lethal in the air too.

Lads check him out on youtube, his big, strong, pacey, great touch and great in the air

• Advertisement

Lads check him out on youtube, his big, strong, pacey, great touch and great in the air

YouTube can make anyone look good but watching a video about him and then seeing him train you know he's worth taking a chance with.

And he's meant to be second choice, the guy looked at before him looked even tastier.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Patrick Kanyuka had a good YouTube video too.

Treepole wrote: »
    Patrick Kanyuka had a good YouTube video too.

Oh yeah I understand that, I'm just saying a lot of his clips look promising

On reading his wikipedia article I see he would have crossed paths with Joe Gamble, both of them would have been together briefly at the same club in the Malaysian league so I guess he played some part in bringing him to Limerick.

On reading his wikipedia article I see he would have crossed paths with Joe Gamble, both of them would have been together briefly at the same club in the Malaysian league so I guess he played some part in bringing him to Limerick.

Yes they both played together in Brunei. It's just one of the benefits of having a former player of Gambles stature in the game that he'll have his own contacts that the club wouldn't so opens up the possibility of more players that can join.

There was in interview with the Irish Sun in which he mentioned that Gamble had mentioned the LOI and Limerick to him.

Any chance a mod could change the title of the thread to 'Limerick FC 2017 season'?

Two Limerick players named in the Irish u19s and u21s squad this weekend.

Paudie O'Connor* has been called up to the Irish u21s home based squad and Barry Cotter has been called up to the Irish u19s side for an invitational tournament in Spain.

*He's down on the squad list as Limerick fc.

He's cutting it tight to sign. I thought he would be content to play with us while he does his degree.

He's cutting it tight to sign. I thought he would be content to play with us while he does his degree.

Rumours are he's holding out for a move to England, was at a few clubs in England over the end season on trial.

If nothing comes about from it hopefully he re-signs.

• Advertisement

Rumours are he's holding out for a move to England, was at a few clubs in England over the end season on trial.

If nothing comes about from it hopefully he re-signs.

Don't think he can sign now UK transfer window is closed. He'd be better off doing another year in LOI and put some muscle on.

Don't think he can sign now UK transfer window is closed. He'd be better off doing another year in LOI and put some muscle on.

Not sure how it works but I agree with yeah, he's still only 19 and could do with another two to three seasons of first team senior football before looking to move to England.

He seems to be on Noel Kings radar as selected for home based u21, stay within the league and he'll make the full u21s team by the end of the year.

He's technically a free agent even though we would be entitled to compensation if he went elsewhere.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

**Mod Note** As requested, closing this, having moved the last posts to 2017 Thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement