Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC 2016 Season

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Vinny Faherty signed for Galway United tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Jofspring wrote: »
    Key to getting out of the first division has always been bags of experience. You need it on the pitch but also on the bench for when things aren't going your way.

Ya I think he probably should as the players seem to like him and maybe it was key to holding onto players also.

So far we have only lost one from last season, Ian Turner to Cork.

Russell needs to adapt his game plans better though, it's probably my only criticism of him.

It may be key but Russell has been shocking when it comes to making substitutes last season so even having that strong bench he'd probably mess it up.

Yeah I'd say the reason why some of the players signed back up was because Russell was kept on as manager and Pat O'Sullivan probably wanted a settled squad and management before the Christmas and ready for a strong pre season.

My one criticism of Russell is he has no plan B. Persists on playing passing football even when it's not working and you could see that against Finn Harps in the first leg of the play off. Also think he needs an experienced assistant manager beside him to help him out at times, nothing against Tommy Barrett but he is young and has only being managing the 19s for a year and a half.

Speaking of Tommy and the 19s, they beat St Pats who were unbeaten this season in the national league semi final tonight and the final is on up in the Markets Field next weekend I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Lee Lynch signs again for Limerick.

That is massive massive news, in my opinion. He'll destroy midfields in the first division.

osarusan wrote: »
    Lee Lynch signs again for Limerick.

That is massive massive news, in my opinion. He'll destroy midfields in the first division.

A midfield three of Paul, Shane and LJ, Limerick will piss the league.

Hopefully be a few more signings just before the Christmas involving the three lads from Galway

• Advertisement

Cork City FC will play Limerick FC in the national league u19s final after beating UCD on penalties.

Final is on in the Markets Field this Sunday at 5.30pm, admission is 5e for an adult and under 16s go free.

At least there is some positivity and the chance of silverware come the end of 2015.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

A midfield three of Paul, Shane and LJ, Limerick will piss the league.

Hopefully be a few more signings just before the Christmas involving the three lads from Galway

Is that shannahan, O'Leary amd who else

Is that shannahan, O'Leary amd who else

Oji. Heard all of them are interested in coming to us next season. Oji apparently has expressed an interest in coming back and from what I heard he is living in or near Shannon and his misses is working from Shannon airport as an air hostess.

O'Learys parents are still regulars at Limerick games even since he left us so they still have a love for the club. Hopefully we can get him in.

Shanahan is a Limerick lad so would be great to get him also, the more Limerick lads with LOI experience the better.

Oji. Heard all of them are interested in coming to us next season. Oji apparently has expressed an interest in coming back and from what I heard he is living in or near Shannon and his misses is working from Shannon airport as an air hostess.

O'Learys parents are still regulars at Limerick games even since he left us so they still have a love for the club. Hopefully we can get him in.

Shanahan is a Limerick lad so would be great to get him also, the more Limerick lads with LOI experience the better.

Oji would be a massive signing

Oji would be a massive signing because I'd say this could be Robbies last season with Limerick.

Heard the only thing stopping O'Leary signing back for Limerick is if Russell wants him or not.

Gary Shanahan would be a great signing,goal scoring winger with Galway when in the first division and is still young with years of developing ahead of him. His signing would also attract more fans from that side of the county also.

• Advertisement

Limerick 19s lost to Cork City 19s 2-1 tonight in the markets field. Has been a good two seasons for the 19s with making the semi finals last year to finalists this and hopefully next year they can go one better and win it.

Attendance for the final was 695 which isn't too bad considering the senior team were only drawing them numbers at the start of the year.

Dean Clarke has signed for Shamrock Rovers and Gary Shanahan has re-signed with Galway United.

Was sticking out that Dean Clarke wasn't gonna re-sign with the club, sickened Gary Shanahan has re-signed with Galway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Dean Clarke has signed for Shamrock Rovers
    Not a surprise really, but I'm gutted.

He'd pre-agreed to sign with Rovers before going travelling. The club tried to turn his head back towards us then. He said he would give it some serious thought and let us know when he got back but he would hate to break his word with Rovers also. It was always coming but there was still a glimmer of hope.

Was probably a bit optimistic to think we might keep him as well. I reckon if he adds better finishing to his game he will be one of the top players in the league.

Don't think it was mentioned but Limerick will begin the defence of their Munster Senior cup at home to Cobh Wanderers in the quarter finals to be played late January and could face either Cobh Ramblers or College Corinthians away from home in the semi's.

Limerick have signed experienced striker John O'Flynn from Cork City

Excellent signing. Cork had him out wide which doesn't really suit him. I reckon we will have him up top. With good service he should be lethal in the first division.

Excellent signing. Cork had him out wide which doesn't really suit him. I reckon we will have him up top. With good service he should be lethal in the first division.

Formerly of Barnet, John o'flynn?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Great signing for ye definitely. He's lost a fair bit of his pace but yes right wing certainly didn't suit him and I would have liked to have seen him play up front where he's best. Should tear up the first division really.

• Advertisement

Formerly of Barnet, John o'flynn?

Yep that's him.

Freddie Hall

Shaun Kelly - Robbie Williams - Paudie O'Connor - Shane Tracey

Chris Mulhall - Shane Duggan - Paul O'Conor - Ross Mann

Lee J Lynch

John O'Flynn

Shaping up to be a solid squad going into pre season with other players coming out of the 19's such as Killian Brouder, Val Feeney, Sean McSweeney and Tommy Holland who is still underage for 19's next year.

Cracking spine to the team and no other team in the first division should touch that on paper. Leagues never won on paper though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Excellent excellent signing for Limerick there. We played him out wide alot of the time which didn't suit his lack of pace. He's certainly not the player he used to be but is still the most talented striker I've ever seen in a City shirt, should rip up the 1st division indeed.

Limerick could very well be looking for a replacement for young Paudie O'Connor going by reports that Celtic have been keeping tabs on him and a possible January move could happen.

Limerick could very well be looking for a replacement for young Paudie O'Connor going by reports that Celtic have been keeping tabs on him and a possible January move could happen.

If true, should hold out for 250k minimum

Could never see a club paying that much for a LOI player whose only got 12 months left on his contract.

Could never see a club paying that much for a LOI player whose only got 12 months left on his contract.

Thought he had 24 months left

Not a 100% sure, I think myself he has two years left but can't find anything to say he has. Only says he's signed for the 2016 season, if he was to move you'd be looking at possibly 50 to 60 thousand plus add ons.

• Advertisement

We will most likely only get the fee for him being under 23 if it was to happen. Based on other similar LOI signings we will be doing well to get 80k and maybe a sell on clause.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement