Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC 2016 Season

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Duggan ran around like a headless chicken most of the game. He also made passing amd just stood there, I hope he is better against Waterford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

His assist for Greenes second goal was sexual though, when O'connor and Lee J are back playing with him you'll see the best of Duggie. Was playing with two make shift midfielders in Tracy and Coughlan last night.

seachto7 wrote: »
    Yeah. Would love a jacket or track suit top but they don't seem to have them on their website.
    Moving up to the big smoke the one time I said I'd make more of an effort to go and see Limk in football and GAA. :(

I wouldn't say that website is updated regularly regarding the club shop part, if you're looking for something in particularly you'd get them at the MF on match day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I don't kow how to embed facebook videos, but you can see video of the goals in Limerick FC's Facebook album at this link:

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialLimerickFC/videos/10153898217318886/

osarusan wrote: »
    I don't kow how to embed facebook videos, but you can see video of the goals in Limerick FC's Facebook album at this link:

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialLimerickFC/videos/10153898217318886/

Greenes control for the first goal was something else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Duggan ran around like a headless chicken most of the game. He also made passing amd just stood there, I hope he is better against Waterford

We were at a different game. I thought he was excellent. Man of the match if Greene didnt get it.

I cant wait to see Duggan, Greene and Lynch when all fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Great turnout for the match and the team gave an entertaining performance and got the result that can only help future attendances. I've gotten over the dejection of last season, I look forward to having a full season in the Market's Field.

Iang87 wrote: »
    We were at a different game. I thought he was excellent. Man of the match if Greene didnt get it.

I cant wait to see Duggan, Greene and Lynch when all fit.

I'm not alone thinking duggan was poor, and to be honest if he wasn't a local lad he'd be nowhere near the side, early last season he was captain invisible and he'll the same this year I fear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

I'm not alone thinking duggan was poor, and to be honest if he wasn't a local lad he'd be nowhere near the side, early last season he was captain invisible and he'll the same this year I fear

Thats definitely a bit harsh on Duggan to be fair. He was excellent against rovers early last season scored an absolute cracker. Lets not forget how poor we were as a team last year. I dont know if any single player could have made a bit of difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya Duggan started last season poorly, along with every other player but when July came in and he had some more quality around him he stepped up.

When attacking the other night he was cruising past their midfielders at pace and setting up chances. If he can keep that up I'll be very happy.

• Advertisement

Was also playing with a make shift midfield the other night, Tracy and Coughlan are decent players but they ain't no O'Connor or Lee Jay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32 E.Scifo

Thought Duggan was streets ahead in midfield. If you think he was poor that's fine but to suggest his place in the team is because he is a local is lol. Also think that Tracy is going to struggle to get his place at left full if Murphy keeps playing like that. Paudie was so dominant in the air and could form a good partnership this year with Robbie.

Green's first 8 touches were brutal until he scored a cracker, his football brain and flicks were first class. I thought Chris Mulhall was fantastic, his running and energy was like having Craig Curren back in the team.

Limerick away to Waterford tonight. Always been a bogey team. We should be beating them but do not be surprised at all of we lose tonight. Lee Lynh, Paul O'Connor back available tonight also.

Games like this will be the true test for Russell. Limerick play a lovely passing game but when teams stick 11 men behind the ball and are hard to break down then you need a plan B when knocking it around your back four and midfield is getting you no where and so far Russell has failed in showing that he's got a plan B imo.

Waterford 0-2 Limerick

Robbie Williams and Aaron Greene after 40 minutes.

0-3 just before half time Paudie O'Connor

You at the game Jof, livescore has Duggie down as getting the second and who got the third because it's taking it's time loading who scored the third.

You at the game Jof, livescore has Duggie down as getting the second and who got the third because it's taking it's time loading who scored the third.

No not at the game. Twitter best for updates. Mike Aherne or Waterford page. Aaron Greene scored from a rebounded Duggan shot.

Jofspring wrote: »
    No not at the game. Twitter best for updates. Mike Aherne or Waterford page. Aaron Greene scored from a rebounded Duggan shot.

Cheers for that just seeing the updates on the Limerick twitter page, I'll check out Mike Aherne's twitter because seems Keith is slacking off tonight or is probably at the Dundalk game haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

2 - 5 final score

• Advertisement

Good win but pity about the two goals conceded. If Aaron Greene keeps up his scoring rate he'll not only smash the record for goals scored in a season but will out score most of the first division teams haha.

Waterford 2-5 Limerick

(Williams, Greene x 2, O'Conor x 2)

Very comfortable win for Limerick in Waterford tonight. They defended well until Robbie Williams headed home a corner, and soon after Aaron Greene forced home a second after a bit of a scramble. Right on half-time a a swerving Paul O'Conor shot deceived the keeper to make it 3-0.

We really took our foot off the gas in the second half, but still made it 4 when O'Conor headed home a Kenny cross. Then we relaxed so much we got sloppy, and gave away two poor goals quite quickly. We were never in danger though, and right at the end Aaron Green took full advantage of a misplaced pass across the back 4 to go one on one with the keeper and slip it past him.

6 points and 9 goals from 2 games.

Next game: home to Cobh Ramblers, Saturday March 19th.

Waterford 2-5 Limerick

(Williams, Greene x 2, O'Conor x 2)

Very comfortable win for Limerick in Waterford tonight. They defended well until Robbie Williams headed home a corner, and soon after Aaron Greene forced home a second after a bit of a scramble. Right on half-time a a swerving Paul O'Conor shot deceived the keeper to make it 3-0.

We really took our foot off the gas in the second half, but still made it 4 when O'Conor headed home a Kenny cross. Then we relaxed so much we got sloppy, and gave away two poor goals quite quickly. We were never in danger though, and right at the end Aaron Green took full advantage of a misplaced pass across the back 4 to go one on one with the keeper and slip it past him.

6 points and 9 goals from 2 games.

Next game: home to Cobh Ramblers, Saturday March 26th.

Team sheet on Waterfords twitter page and Mike Aherne said Paul O'Connor started on the bench, did someone pull up in the warm up or come off injured

Also isn't the Cobh game next weekend.

Team sheet on Waterfords twitter page and Mike Aherne said Paul O'Connor started on the bench, did someone pull up in the warm up or come off injured

Also isn't the Cobh game next weekend.
    Thanks, corrected that date.

Yeah, Duggan came off after about 35 minutes, with a hamstring tweak apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 RayK1987

Limerick FC are holding a fundraising Table Quiz on Wednesday March 16th at 8.15pm in Jerry O Deas, Mulgrave St.

The players and management will be at the event so come along to meet them.

Table of 4 is €40. There will be a raffle on the nightwith lots of great prizes available. Finger food will also be served.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

I see Limerick winning 6 1 with 2 mins left....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Easy, easy, easy.

Took a while to get our first goal, lots of missed chances. But once we got 2, the floodgates opened.

4 in the first game, 5 in the second, 6 in the third, putting pressure on themselves for next week. Just a class above all over the pitch, what more can you really say. Good for O'Flynn & Coughlan to get off the mark.

We'll never keep a clean sheet this season though :P

Limerick 6-1 Cobh

(Kenny, Mulhall, Greene, Coughlan, Williams, O'Flynn)

Limerick dismantled Cobh tonight in front of a crowd of just over 1500. It was actually pretty frustrating for most of the night, as we failed to make our superiority count until a few minutes before half-time when Kenny arrived at the back post to tap home a Lynch cross. It was much the same in the second half with a lazy Limerick failing to increase the advantage, and Cobh rarely threatening.

We finally made it 2-0 after about an hour, when Mulhall scored a rebound after Paudie had broken through the defence and forced a save and then 3-0 soon afterwards when Greene fired a left-foot shot across the keeper. Cobh pulled one back, but that just opened the floodgates, and Limerick scores three goals in about the last 10 minutes. Two headers from corners and finally Greene unselfishly squared for O'Flynn to tap in his first for Limerick.

The final score probably flattered Limerick a little bit, but that was as much down to our own laziness as anything the opposition did.

Next game: away to Athlone, Friday March 25th.

Next game: away to Athlone, Friday March 25th.
    Actually, this game is on Saturday March 26th.

• Advertisement

Actually, this game is on Saturday March 26th.

Well Also beat cobh 4-2 in cobh tonight in league cup

John oflynn x2
    Robbie x1
    Kenny x1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement