Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile/3 network in Charlesland

Options
  • 11-11-2015 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

I'm considering moving to Tesco mobile- I believe they use the 3 network. Just wondering if anyone can comment on coverage in Charlesland? I'm sure it's fine but have heard of some blind-spots in other parts of the country.
    Thanks a million.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

im on 3. the coverage in greystones / charlesland is good. the only place i would say im really affected by poor coverage is pretty much the entire dart route into town. and yes, i know travelling around bray head is a blind spot for everyone, but my phone rarely has any coverage between shankill and dunlaoire and is usually patchy the rest of the way in to town (and the wifi never works on the dart either). so if youre a commuter it might affect you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

eleMental wrote: »
    im on 3. the coverage in greystones / charlesland is good. the only place i would say im really affected by poor coverage is pretty much the entire dart route into town. and yes, i know travelling around bray head is a blind spot for everyone, but my phone rarely has any coverage between shankill and dunlaoire and is usually patchy the rest of the way in to town (and the wifi never works on the dart either). so if youre a commuter it might affect you.

I second this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

coverage on the Dart line has gotten worse since they started integrating the O2 network. Obviously part of the problem is geography (apart from Greystones-Bray, the line is in a cutting between Dalkey & Dun Laoghaire) but elsewhere I think it's a capacity problem on their network - it works OK off-peak but can't cope with a trainload of people all trying to get access at the same time.

Advertisement