Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

astec alarm sab fault

Options
  • 11-11-2015 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi all I've been called to my sister's house the panel shows sab fault, it's a astec 63 panel I got up to the bell box and replaced a corroded cable but the fault returned after a couple of minutes .there's some kind of interface module with 2 wires from the panel being connected and I think 4 wires going to a regular sabb unit. Any ideas how to fix this problem lads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Your "sister"?.

Is that her astec system or her HKC system?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭iopener

Honest to god my sister. It's a astec 63 panel. it's probably a hkc sabb but it's a looks the same as the rest. She's in this house about 12 years I've a changed a couple of batteries over the years .But this fault has come up in the last few weeks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If it's showing sab fault then the fault is probably with the interface rather than the bell.
    Disconnect the interface and connect it directly into the panel and close off the BHO and TR.

Thanks kool kid I will try that ,but will that not mean that there will be no strobe or siren energised in a alarm there's only 2 wires being used. I can see why these panels never took off , great in theory but in the real world not to So good.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The panels never took off????
    They were everywhere in their day.
    2 wires is all you need to the interface. I'm just trying help you establish if the problem is with the interface. If you connect it to the panel directly & close off BHO & TR there should be no fault. If you still get SAB fault then it looks like a problem with the interface.

• Advertisement

Ok thanks again I will try it and let you know it will be next week before I can get to it, we're astec taken over by someone or are they still going ? Just curious

Astec was bought by HKC who then took the product off the market.

Advertisement