Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peoples debate - TV3

Options
  • 11-11-2015 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

Howlin, Kehoe getting a roasting for not turning up, correctly so.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Hon the Mick Wallace. Man of integrity.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Tiredout

D'Arcy getting roasted. Distancing himself from the party too I see. The other two are cowards for not going on. In saying that kehoe doesn't have the intelligence or ability to debate any issue. Ff came on with an agenda to attack Wallace. Backfired. On a serious side some major issues in the county. Poor reflection on the sitting td's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Tiredout wrote: »
    D'Arcy getting roasted. Distancing himself from the party too I see. The other two are cowards for not going on. In saying that kehoe doesn't have the intelligence or ability to debate any issue. Ff came on with an agenda to attack Wallace. Backfired. On a serious side some major issues in the county. Poor reflection on the sitting td's.

Sitting TDs! Try sitting Ministers!

Well you know what to tell them when they appear on your doorstep looking for your vote, surrounded by their yes men. And lets face it, they have a lot of questions to answer, particularly about their broken promises and all the free taxes and charges they have imposed on their electorate during their last tenure.

Mick Wallace will top the poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Hardly surprising Howlin and Kehoe not turning up, when the leader of the Government ducks every debate and can' t be let near the press without an army of spin doctors.
    Unfortunately missed the debate, I was looking forward to it, but I've heard D'Arcy with Alan Corcoran (who I'm coming to suspect is a Government mouthpiece) and he always qualifies everything he says with words like "well I can't speak for the government, but...? , playing both ends against the middle. He even had the arrogance to predict he would be part of the next Dail.
    Isn't it an indictment of the political system in the country, that polls predict these clowns have a combined 37% share of the vote?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Kehoe will get the farmers vote as he came up through the ranks in Macra,I'm actually not sure what Howlin does to win votes.All he seems to do these days is validate cuts and taxes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

zerks wrote: »
    Kehoe will get the farmers vote as he came up through the ranks in Macra,I'm actually not sure what Howlin does to win votes.All he seems to do these days is validate cuts and taxes.

It's all about him.

As for Kehoe, I hope to sh1t he loses his seat, he's an utter waste of space, unless you are at the opening of a dual carriageway in WICKLOW FFS !! A clown altogether.

Enda Kenny's chum

wexfjord wrote: »
    Hon the Mick Wallace. Man of integrity.

In fairness to him, he is working hard at national issues and has done some work in a short period that it would have taken "ministers" 20 years to sort out, yet none of them had the balls.

I have great respect for him now, a lot more than when he topped the poll the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

It's almost as if Howlin had a country to assist in running rather than heading to Dublin at 1 in the morning :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

man98 wrote: »
    It's almost as if Howlin had a country to assist in running rather than heading to Dublin at 1 in the morning :pac:

More likely perhaps that he was at home cooking up more austerity for the starving masses ?

Whatever would James Connolly make of it 100 years on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Howlin is responsible for saving the A & E in Wexford hospital there were plans to have its service reduced and move to Waterford, As a minister he he fought against it and got funding for Wexford Hospital. He done that 20 years ago aswell when he was minister for health.

Whatever problems people have with him we wouldn't have a new A & E at Wexford hospital with out him. Add to that the new primary and secondary schools that Howlin has got for Wexford plus the new Garda Headquarters

All of this was in his election campaign and he has delivered

What has Mick Wallace done for Wexford ? Stand up in the dail and whinge about NAMA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Howlin Wallace Browne and probably Kehoe definitely to get in, last seat between D'Arcy Byrne sinn fein and a left candidate. Wallace won't get a quota on first count like 2011 so obviously transfers will be crucial. Where will howlins transfers go as well will be crucial.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Badabing wrote: »
    Howlin Wallace Browne and probably Kehoe definitely to get in, last seat between D'Arcy Byrne sinn fein and a left candidate. Wallace won't get a quota on first count like 2011 so obviously transfers will be crucial. Where will howlins transfers go as well will be crucial.

Sinn Fein are in a difficult spot as Johnny Mythen isn't the most popular Sinn Fein councillor in Wexford Town so he would have to do well in other areas I don't think he will elected.

Wallace transfers will proabably go to People Before Profit and other left

I think 1 Lab 1 FF 1 FG 1 Wallace and a dog fight for last seat depending on transfers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Howlin is responsible for saving the A & E in Wexford hospital there were plans to have its service reduced and move to Waterford, As a minister he he fought against it and got funding for Wexford Hospital. He done that 20 years ago aswell when he was minister for health.

Whatever problems people have with him we wouldn't have a new A & E at Wexford hospital with out him. Add to that the new primary and secondary schools that Howlin has got for Wexford plus the new Garda Headquarters

All of this was in his election campaign and he has delivered

What has Mick Wallace done for Wexford ? Stand up in the dail and whinge about NAMA.

As TDs and ministers they should be doing stuff for the good of the country not for Wexford.

I haven't decided if I'll vote for Wallace again (he was my none of the above vote the last time) but I admire him for not getting involved in parish pump politics and trying to highlight matters of national importance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

I'm not so sure about Howlin this time. I gave him my No 1 last time with a 2 and 3 for FG and no preference at all for FF purely because I wanted to see the back of FF. I'm sure a lot of people would have been thinking along the same lines and I'm equally sure that a lot have changed their minds over the last five years. Property Tax, a supposed anathema to Enda Kenny, Water Charges, a red line issue for the Labour Party, Bank bailout, not another cent from Varadkar, Labour's way not Frankfurt's way from Eamonn Gilmore, these and many other issues are still fresh in the minds of many voters, so I doubt the incumbent parties are going to have an easy ride. I certainly won't be repeating my voting pattern of 2011, indeed I don't intend to give any preference to FG/Lab/FF, I'd rather vote for Saddam Hussein.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

STB. wrote: »
    More likely perhaps that he was at home cooking up more austerity for the starving masses ?

I'd beg to differ actually, recovering our economy and all that isn't just a 9 - 5 job.

Ha, would ya stop.

Advertisement