Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from Maynooth closer to Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

bigdata wrote: »
    I found a house between Coolmine and Castleknock train stations. The person to whom I paid the deposit is Italian and he is on the lease contract with the house landlord. The landlord is not living in the house. Is it allowed by law to let other people like me to rent a room while being on the lease agreement with the landlord? I'm slightly worried about my new place as I always rented rooms in houses occupied by Irish landlords.

If you're not on the lease- at very best the guy is subletting a room to you- under licence- and you do not have the same safeguards a tenant would have, as a licensee.

Its far from unusual though.

Personally- if I was using the train- I wouldn't dream of moving where you're thinking of- it just doesn't add up for me.

Advertisement