Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debit card with unknown transaction on USA

Options
  • 12-11-2015 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hello, Tuesday I've contacted Bank of Ireland regarding an unknown and unauthorised debit in my account to a company in America.
    My card was cancelled straight way, as I was told by the costumer support agent I must wait for the fraud team to get in contact with me.
     I just want you guys to know that I've spotted the transaction a few hours after it happened, as far as I am aware it can take up to 3 days for the money to be transferred. So I hope it makes it easier to give me a refund. Also I am being charged  for CHD USD.
    I really would like to know how long will take until I hear from BOI regarding the issue and to receive my money back.
    By the way, I am always very careful regarding the websites I use my card. Always checking the background and trustworthy of it. So unless the details were stolen from a data breach I have no idea how my details ended up in some scam's hand.

thanks

Kind regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Quorom

Fraudsters could have imported adware, malware or key logger software onto your computer without your knowledge and got the details that way. In the USA, believe it or not, you do not have to give the 3 digit security code to conduct a transaction online. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Kakidd wrote: »
    Hello, Tuesday I've contacted Bank of Ireland regarding an unknown and unauthorised debit in my account to a company in America.
    My card was cancelled straight way, as I was told by the costumer support agent I must wait for the fraud team to get in contact with me.
     I just want you guys to know that I've spotted the transaction a few hours after it happened, as far as I am aware it can take up to 3 days for the money to be transferred. So I hope it makes it easier to give me a refund. Also I am being charged  for CHD USD.
    I really would like to know how long will take until I hear from BOI regarding the issue and to receive my money back.
    By the way, I am always very careful regarding the websites I use my card. Always checking the background and trustworthy of it. So unless the details were stolen from a data breach I have no idea how my details ended up in some scam's hand.

thanks

Kind regards
    Hi Kakidd, 

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards. 

First of all, you've done the right thing in reporting the transaction straight away and in having your card cancelled. As you say this is being investigated by our Fraud team, they will be in touch with you as soon as they have an update on this, and we'd be unable to advise you here of your individual case. 
    We would always recommend using secure websites when shopping online and websites using Verified by Visa or 3D Secure offer another security step for your card. 

If there's any other query we can help you with please let us know. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement