Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"I might get some work done" LC 2017 gerard98's Study log

Options
  • 12-11-2015 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Firstly I'll start by posting my subjects
    English (HL)
    Irish (OL)
    Maths (HL)
    Physics (HL)
    Biology (HL)
    French (HL)
    Geography (HL)
    Agricultural science (HL)

I have decided to start this log as the year is already going so fast and I need something to help me keep track of everything (or at least figure out where I went wrong if I end up repeating).

I do after school study from 4-6 and ag science outside of school for 2 hours a week.

The course I'm aiming for currently is Geology or engineering but who knows what could happen in the next few months.
    Hopefully this won't be a disaster. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 gerard98

what I did today
    -Geography
    (Rock types) Summary
    (Weathering) Summary began
    [Need to learn off case studies]

-Physics
    (lenses,light and optics) 1 hour of revision mostly lenses and just practising questions.
    [Need to revise heat exam questions and learn off definitions]

-French
    (Oral) Wrote up a summary for "Ma maison"
    [Need to learn off vocab for prescribed christmas test topics]

-Ag science
    (Re-seeding and grass conservation.) Wrote out experiments.
    [Need to learn off notes]

To do this weekend - Priority in a descending order

-Irish
    [Need to learn off sraith pictiur 1 and revise 2 for oral test coming up soon]

-Biology
    [Attempt to learn off anything and revise digestion and enzymes and write out notes]

-Maths & english
    [Algebra revision and character summaries for act 1 in Hamlet]

-Geography
    [Learn off diagrams of plate tectonics, rock types and weathering]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Are you in 6th year or 5th ?

Are you in 6th year or 5th ?

Im in 5th year currently. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

gerard98 wrote: »
    Im in 5th year currently. :)

Fair play to you.
    Your motivated and determined.
    If you keep this up, 6th year pressure will be very little.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Telo123

Whats ag science like ad an extra subject im thinking if taking it up.

• Advertisement

Telo123 wrote: »

Firstly I find ag science easy currently as it ties in a lot with biology and a little bit with geography also living on a farm does help me a lot.

If you're doing it outside of school you need to make sure you actually revise it or practise questions yourself, do the work for your project ,have access to a farm to visit and a teacher who can sign your project off.

I would definitely recommend if you have an interest in the subject or general sciences.

oh just for a heads up if you do take it up some colleges won't let you put it in your top 6 subjects for points with biology as they are very similar like physics and phys/chem. The only college I know so far that practises this is trinity but there could be a few more.

If you want more information you should try the main ag science thread in the Lc board
    ww.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055467114

Firstly I find ag science easy currently as it ties in a lot with biology and a little bit with geography also living on a farm does help me a lot.

If you're doing it outside of school you need to make sure you actually revise it or practise questions yourself, do the work for your project ,have access to a farm to visit and a teacher who can sign your project off.

I would definitely recommend if you have an interest in the subject or general sciences.

oh just for a heads up if you do take it up some colleges won't let you put it in your top 6 subjects for points with biology as they are very similar like physics and phys/chem. The only college I know so far that practises this is trinity but there could be a few more.

If you want more information you should try the main ag science thread in the Lc board
    ww.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055467114

add a w at the start of that link as I'm not able to post links yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Telo123

Sound would u say it is easier then biology?Is the course small?

Sound would u say it is easier then biology?Is the course small?

I find ag science easier than biology and the course is normally a one year course.

Saturday the 14th and Sunday the 15th
    Didn't get to cover everything I needed to do but sure it'll be grand. :D

-geography
    (Weathering) Mechanical weathering summary finished and learned of info for chemical weathering.
    [Need to write out a chemical weathering summary]

-English
    (Hamlet) Reread the whole of act 1 and the summary I wrote of it.
    [Need to read the tragedy of hamlet supplement giving to me by my teacher]

-French
    (Ma maison) Hopefully "Learned" of about 70 words.
    [Need to learn grammar rules eventually]

-Biology
    (Enzymes) Revised
    [Need to revise everything this point

-Irish
    Did nothing because going to the gym for the first time has destroyed my muscles and desire to live anymore.
    [Need to learn Sraith pictuir 1 and 2 still]

• Advertisement

Didn't do much today as I was feeling sick and in a bit of a slump but I'll catch up soon.

-Irish
    (Sraith pictuirs)learnt of the first half of Sraith pictuir 1 and 2.

-Ag science
    (project) Took some photos and got things like labels off of meal buckets/bags or salt licks.

-Physics
    [Need to evaluate my mental health on why I picked this subject.]

100000000% not looking forward to my Christmas tests that are on in about a week. Really need to stick the head in the books when I get the chance.

What I got done today.

English(Hamlet): Read act 2 scene 1 and answered 7 questions on the specific act.
    Biology(Enzymes)Read up on enzymes for an upcoming test and answered questions on the 5 kingdoms of life and amoeba.
    Maths Did some question on area and volume mainly the trapezoidal rule.
    French Attempted to answer a comprehension in french and did not just take it straight from the comprehension. ;)

[Need to]
    IrishLearn off a summary of hurlamaboc and some sentences for the poems and story.
    maths Spend at least 2 hours on the weekend doing algebra questions.
    Physics
    REVISE EVERYTHING
    French Learn how to conjugate sentences and learn off the prescribed materials as fast as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Manufan123

What points are you aiming for?

Manufan123 wrote: »
    What points are you aiming for?

I'm currently aiming for 540 in the A1/B2 grading system.
    630 in the H1/H2 grading system.

What I did today

French Looked over possessive adjectives and did a reading comprehension.
    Maths Answered some area and volume questions
    English Read over the act summaries of Hamlet as my class is seeing the play tomorrow.

[Need to do]
    Geography Chemical weathering.
    Biology Revise for an upcoming test.

I need to get some sleep tbh.

English I went to the Helix theater and watched Hamlet today would give it a solid 8/10.
    Ag science Did crops today.
    Biology Read over my notes for a few minutes for a test tomorrow.:mad:

[Need to]
    Revision maths/physics/biology and french this weekend.
    GeographyQ7 or Q8 pg? and finish writing up summaries and case studies.

Did barely anything and my Christmas tests are starting this Thursday. :mad:

English Read over Hamlet act 1 and act 2 scene 1-2
    Ag science Started my project.

I have not abandoned this thread yet.

Started my tests today
    Biology This was my big fear and happily I believe I did good. :D
    Geography Thought I would have done better in the long questions but it can only get better after Christmas.

What I've done so far over the last two days.

Irish Wrote a sceal and learnt it off.
    French Started to learn off prescribed materials for french.

How my tests went
    English Such a nice test all the quotes I learnt worked perfectly for the Shakespeare question.
    Irish Did great in the oral section and did alright in the written section could brush up a bit in question vocabulary. :p

I didn't do much but something is better than nothing.

French Wrote out 2 journal entimes and learned them off by heart.

I have a physics test tomorrow not looking forward to that as it is definitely my weakest subject and I've dodged studying it any chance I get. :(

• Advertisement

I had my final day of Christmas tests today so I'll write a bit about it before I get my results for the tests and so I can look back on it before my summer exams.

Maths It would have been easier to do if I was blind. I answered about 3 questions fully out of 15 and left about 6-7 completely blank.
    French I did fairly alright in it I could really brush up on my verbs and actually learn them off.
    Physics Still don't know anything about ray diagrams and I need to learn off the experiments.
    English Was a lovely test to be frank :D
    Irish (OL) Was also lovely
    Biology Wasn't as hard as I thought it would be but I could do with a bit of revision
    Geography Was my most disappointing exam as I normally breeze through it but I struggled with the long questions.

Over all I really need to put my head down for maths, physics, french and geography. Especially french.

I had my final day of Christmas tests today so I'll write a bit about it before I get my results for the tests and so I can look back on it before my summer exams.

Maths It would have been easier to do if I was blind. I answered about 3 questions fully out of 15 and left about 6-7 completely blank.
    French I did fairly alright in it I could really brush up on my verbs and actually learn them off.
    Physics Still don't know anything about ray diagrams and I need to learn off the experiments.
    English Was a lovely test to be frank :D
    Irish (OL) Was also lovely
    Biology Wasn't as hard as I thought it would be but I could do with a bit of revision
    Geography Was my most disappointing exam as I normally breeze through it but I struggled with the long questions.

Over all I really need to put my head down for maths, physics, french and geography. Especially french.

I haven't received all of my test scores yet
    Maths Got an NG grade whelp :( that is what I deserve for avoiding studying it like the plague.
    Biology Got a B1 short 2% of an A grade.
    Irish Got a C1.
    FrenchGot a C2. I could have got a B grade if I put the work in earlier, but I cant change that now so I'll just have to put the work in now.
    English I will update when I get my results
    Physics I will update when I get my results
    Geography I will update when I get my results

I have returned from my eternal slumber to tell you guys what I did this weekend.
    French Mes copains summary made.
    Biology Wrote notes and a summary about Monera.
    Geography Wrote out my srps for fluvial erosion.
    Maths and physics :confused:
    Agricultural science Dissected a few hearts. </3

Ill post all my results soon just waiting to get my final result hopefully tomorrow.

Biology Did some more notes on Monera.
    Irish Summary learnt off for the story An Gnáthrud

Didn't post in a good while as my internet connection was non existent with the recent weather we have been receiving.

Biology Revised Fungi and the flowering plants and finished writing up notes on those topics.
    English Started to write my own summaries for each scene in Hamlet today got up to act 1 scene 3 so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭meganob

I'm currently aiming for 540 in the A1/B2 grading system.
    630 in the H1/H2 grading system.

What do you mean 630 in the new grading system? Is the highest points still not 625?

meganob wrote: »
    What do you mean 630 in the new grading system? Is the highest points still not 625?

No unfortunately they made it like this as far as I know. It has probably been revised knowing them though

30_4_2015_13_55_21_pastedimage-99885.png

EDIT It has been revised.

Advertisement