Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jumping from apple to android .

Options
  • 12-11-2015 3:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Hi guys looking for some advise buying a phone ,as an apple user from day one I feel now it is time to get away from apple as its boring as heck .

If tried a Samsung s5 a friend has and I'm not mad about it at all .

Another friend of mine has the HTC m9 and I was messing round with it and really really like it . I'm so tempted to make the jump ,

iv done a little research mostly on YouTube and seems it gets bashed a bit .

Mainly on camera battery life and over heating .

As I know noting about android devices I would greatly welcome any advice on the HTC m9.

Also as I want to buy it out right where would be the best place to buy from ?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Hi guys looking for some advise buying a phone ,as an apple user from day one I feel now it is time to get away from apple as its boring as heck .

Another friend of mine has the HTC m9 and I was messing round with it and really really like it . I'm so tempted to make the jump ,

As I know noting about android devices I would greatly welcome any advice on the HTC m9.

Thanks in advance.

I just seen it on fonez.ie for €579.

I was going to get the same. I'm currently sporting a M7 and it's a fantastic phone. Sure battery can get hot in it though, and sometimes, it drains very quick, but otherwise I can't fault it.

I'm now actually considering waiting for the M10 which is rumoured to be out as Christmas or in the new year.

Thanks in advance.

I'm a bit of an HTC fanboy, have had a good dozen of them over the years. Personally, I think the M9 has no advantage over the M8 (even some disadvantages). I would go for a cheap second hand M8, then on to the M10 next March.

Edit: please note, most M9 bashing is mostly from when it first came out. Software updates have improved camera and overheating issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

The reason the M9 gets 'Bashed' is because it's not a massive step up from the M8, and everybody seemed to love that phone. The M9 is not worth the price increase over the M8. It also falls short on performance over it's competitors. For similar money you can get an s6, which is widely regarded as the best phone on the market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

Seve OB wrote:
    I was going to get the same. I'm currently sporting a M7 and it's a fantastic phone. Sure battery can get hot in it though, and sometimes, it drains very quick, but otherwise I can't fault it.

Thanks for replies .

Crap I really liked the look of the m9, but what to do now I know the m10 is coming out .

Have tried Samsung I'm not to fond of it tbh .

I was in meteor today having a gander its €629 they only sell the gunmetal grey . looks a bit dull and boring .

Cpw have it same price gold & silver looks really nice but the usual vodafone boot up splash screen and a couple of their apps witch I hate .

If buying on line would that still come with warranty like the phone shops ?

Thanks for replies .

Crap I really liked the look of the m9, but what to do now I know the m10 is coming out .

Have tried Samsung I'm not to fond of it tbh .

I was in meteor today having a gander its €629 they only sell the gunmetal grey . looks a bit dull and boring .

Cpw have it same price gold & silver looks really nice but the usual vodafone boot up splash screen and a couple of their apps witch I hate .

If buying on line would that still come with warranty like the phone shops ?

I hope so. I can't see why not. it actually is coming from a shop in Galway. I'm buying one today for a lad in work, so I will give you an update next week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

I emailed them last night got a reply today .

They seem very nice and phone comes with one year warranty sim free and no brand bloat ie vodafone .so I'm going to order one today .

They seem very nice and phone comes with one year warranty sim free and no brand bloat ie vodafone .so I'm going to order one today .

EU Law is 2 year warranty.

I just bought 2 phones from them there and a few covers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Would you not look at a Nexus 6P for a proper bloatware free Android experience?

I'm a big stock OS fan, I hate the bells and whistles all the HTC's and Samsung phone's have, I'd rather put them on myself if I want them.... :)

Fieldog wrote: »
    Would you not look at a Nexus 6P for a proper bloatware free Android experience?

I'm a big stock OS fan, I hate the bells and whistles all the HTC's and Samsung phone's have, I'd rather put them on myself if I want them.... :)

You can't always add the bells and whistles that they add though...

In any case, Sense has always been the best Android UI. Adds to the functionality of Android, without bloating it the way Samsung does. Android is only just getting to the point that the stock experience is pretty decent, and the likes of Samsung and HTC are actually starting to tone down their UI's.

One thing I miss about M8 was the ability to run a Sense ROM, or a GPE ROM which is very close to stock Android.

• Advertisement
Advertisement