Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First build ready ~€1000, will it work?

Options
  • 12-11-2015 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello!

I'm making my first build, and have finally decided on the components. I have a budget of around €1000 (including Windows 10, but excluding peripherals like keyboard/mouse and monitor).

It's for gaming only, and I'm looking to play 1080p modern games at high to ultra, and I probably won't get into overclocking for now.

Here's the parts and prices, what are your thoughts?

GPU: R9 280x €226 (€180 refurbished with 6 month guarantee)
    CPU: i5 4460 €170
    HSF: Stock fan
    Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 €152
    RAM: 8GB €45
    HDD: 1TB €52
    SSD: 250GB €86
    PSU: EVGA GS 650W €91
    Case: HAF 912 €101

Windows 10: €135

I've gone for an R9 280x because the price is very competitive, and of all the components I see myself replacing that the soonest.

Could I skimp a bit on the motherboard and go for a cheaper one?

Also what are your thoughts on potential future Crossfire with this build? If I save up for a GPU upgrade would it be worth going crossfire?

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

You could knock €100 off the board tbh, a H97/H87/B85 or H81 are all good for you.

Wouldn't bother CFing at this budget

Advertisement