Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skerries Cabinets "Fibre Services Live "

Options
  • 12-11-2015 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi,

I had a look at your website http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ and in particluar, Skerries, County Dublin

Within Skerries and within close proximity to it , it shows that of the 15 Exchange Cabinets that are stated as "Fibre Services Live"   only one has D/L speeds of 100mb.

Queries;
    • When will the other exchange cabinets be upgraded to 100mb?

• Is the Seacrest estate connected to cabinet SKS1_016
    [*]

Thanks in advance,

Gerry

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

gerryp2000 wrote: »
    Hi,

I had a look at your website http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ and in particluar, Skerries, County Dublin

Within Skerries and within close proximity to it , it shows that of the 15 Exchange Cabinets that are stated as "Fibre Services Live"   only one has D/L speeds of 100mb.

Queries;
    • When will the other exchange cabinets be upgraded to 100mb?

• Is the Seacrest estate connected to cabinet SKS1_016

[*]

Thanks in advance,

Gerry
    [*]
    Hi Gerry,

I believe you may have been in contact with me on the eir community?

The other cabinets in Skerries are indeed upgraded to 100Mb although your line is qualifying for 18Mb (like all other lines in Seacrest) due to distance from its serving cabinet. I have sent a request to see what cabinet it's connected to and I expect to be updated within the next three days.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭gerryp2000

eir: Alan wrote: »
    [*]
    Hi Gerry,

The other cabinets in Skerries are indeed upgraded to 100Mb although your line is qualifying for 18Mb (like all other lines in Seacrest) due to distance from its serving cabinet. I have sent a request to see what cabinet it's connected to and I expect to be updated within the next three days.

Thanks

Al

[*]

Thanks Al for following up about cabinet SKS1_016.

I think I understand what you mean.
    Although the Seacrest estate may have a cabinet quite close to it, SKS_106, (circa <200m) from our house, this does not mean that Seacrest is connected to it and that it is connected to a much further away cabinet, hence the lower D/L speed ??

Just one other thing for the administrators of the fibrerollout.ie website and the D/L speeds (up-to-100mb) of all other cabinets;

Only one cabinet displays "D/L speeds up to 100mb" , that's SKS1_E01 (see pic "eir" attached)
    None of the other cabinets displays that D/L speed, all that's said is "Fibre Broadband Cabinet is Live", (see pic eir2 attached)

[*]
    Hi Gerry,

Thanks

Al

[*]

Although the Seacrest estate may have a cabinet quite close to it, SKS_106, (circa <200m) from our house, this does not mean that Seacrest is connected to it and that it is connected to a much further away cabinet, hence the lower D/L speed ??

Just one other thing for the administrators of the fibrerollout.ie website and the D/L speeds (up-to-100mb) of all other cabinets;

Only one cabinet displays "D/L speeds up to 100mb" , that's SKS1_E01 (see pic "eir" attached)
    None of the other cabinets displays that D/L speed, all that's said is "Fibre Broadband Cabinet is Live", (see pic eir2 attached)
    [*]

No worries Gerry,

Yes the reason why only one mentions speed is because; Equally as that being a cabinet it's also located at the main exchange which serves other cabinets in the area. The first image shows the number of lines able to avail of efibre connected to that exchange which also takes in to consideration the fibre cabinets connected to the exchange. You will find this is the same for other towns where the speed is only mentioned at the main exchange.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭gerryp2000

[*]
    Hi Gerry,

Thanks

Al

[*]

[*]

No worries Gerry,

Yes the reason why only one mentions speed is because; Equally as that being a cabinet it's also located at the main exchange which serves other cabinets in the area. The first image shows the number of lines able to avail of efibre connected to that exchange which also takes in to consideration the fibre cabinets connected to the exchange. You will find this is the same for other towns where the speed is only mentioned at the main exchange.

Thanks
    Al
    [*]
    Ahh-haa - thanks again Al, understand fully now !!

No problem at all Gerry :)

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement