Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFH Pipe Centres

Options
  • 12-11-2015 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

I'm about to order my UFH materials for a new build that's very well insulated and highly airtight. I'll be using an air to water heat pump.

Regarding the UFH pipes, is it good practice to have them laid at 100mm centres or does it vary depending on each room?

My thinking is to have plenty of piping so the HP doesn't have to heat the water to as high a temperature.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

BarneyMc wrote: »
    I'm about to order my UFH materials for a new build that's very well insulated and highly airtight. I'll be using an air to water heat pump.

Regarding the UFH pipes, is it good practice to have them laid at 100mm centres or does it vary depending on each room?

My thinking is to have plenty of piping so the HP doesn't have to heat the water to as high a temperature.

Whoever is installing your system will have this already drawn out on plans for them by an engineer so no need to worry. And yes some rooms centres are diffeerent to others

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭cruiser202006

Normal spacing for underfloor is 8" centers and 6" centers for bathrooms utility and possibly kitchen if units and island will take up a big quantity of floor space As you won't be running pipes under these. Underfloor works at 40 degrees flow Putting pipes in at 4" centers will mean you will have a higher quantity of water in the system to heat and leaves the tails more prone to kinking when so close together. Before you start mark out where your toilets, sinks, showers, baths and kitchen units are going with marker paint and keep back from them! Where are you getting the piping?? Qualpex or unipipe will do you up a plan and calculate spacings etc. If your going with easy-screed make sure to put a light layer of plastic over the insulation.

Advertisement