Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(55" TV - PS4) vs (22" -PC)

Options
  • 12-11-2015 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I'm wondering which format to go for Fallout 4.

My pc (gtx970) has only a 22" monitor vs my living room tv 55" with a PS4.

I'm sure to put a lot of hours in to Fallout so I'm thinking a comfy couch and large TV might be the way to go.

If we were talking Crysis or some other ultra high gfx intense game I'd go PC always but the comparisons are not that different and I play fallout for the story rather than the eye candy.

Q. Which format would you buy the game in my situation?
    I'd also like to get the collectors edition if it's available.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

PC because mods

You could hook the PS4 pad to the PC and play on the 54"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It does look noticeably better on the PC, particularly in relation to view distances and that sort of thing. You could hook the PC up to your TV maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

I'd go with Fallout 4 for PC, especially as you have a GTX 970 which should go a solid 60 fps, ultra quality @ 1080p no problem,
    and plus PC version will extend the life of the game with mods etc.

You could have a long HDMI from the PC to the TV, when you plug it in it will duplicate you main 22" PC display (DVI).
    The game will show on both displays so you can turn off the 22" one when playing.
    You can go up to 25 metres with an HDMI lead.

I use a 5m HDMI to my TV and use an wireless Xbox 360 controller with no problems.
    I believe the Xbox 360 controller has a wireless range of 10 metres.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

Moon54 wrote: »
    I'd go with Fallout 4 for PC, especially as you have a GTX 970 which should go a solid 60 fps, ultra quality @ 1080p no problem,
    and plus PC version will extend the life of the game with mods etc.

You could have a long HDMI from the PC to the TV, when you plug it in it will duplicate you main 22" PC display (DVI).
    The game will show on both displays so you can turn off the 22" one when playing.
    You can go up to 25 metres with an HDMI lead.

I use a 5m HDMI to my TV and use an wireless Xbox 360 controller with no problems.
    I believe the Xbox 360 controller has a wireless range of 10 metres.

Think I will go for it on PC.
    How is the sound quality with pc hdmi to TV? I never had good experiences with it since I always just used the jack on the pc itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

jme2010 wrote: »
    How is the sound quality with pc hdmi to TV?

HDMI audio output is as good as it gets, it presents audio uncompressed unlike optical audio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

^ That. The biggest upgrade with Blu Ray and HDMI was actually the sound quality and options (7.1). It's the reason HDMI was so behind with video versus display port and DVI (beyond full HD and higher FPS)... it always had to share bandwidth with uncompressed audio.

Advertisement