Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conveyancing solicitor recommendations please

Options
  • 12-11-2015 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

Have just gone sale agreed on a house purchase in Donegal. Looking for recommendations for a conveyancing solicitor in Co Galway. Have got some quotes already for professional fee of 900 so nothing more expensive that this please. Don't know if it is worth getting quotes from solicitors in Donegal as it is about 4/5 hour drive if I needed to go to their office. Please can someone help. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Any recommendations by Private message only.

Be wary of recommendations from strangers on the internet.

carmeln wrote: »
    Have just gone sale agreed on a house purchase in Donegal. Looking for recommendations for a conveyancing solicitor in Co Galway.
    It would be modestly useful to have a solicitor who is at least vaguely familiar with the area. Indeed, a local solicitor may have expert knowledge of the area and save you a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 carmeln

thanks for your response Victor. I didn't get any replies before I had to decide so went with one closer to where we live now in Galway. Hopefully it won't be the wrong decision. Is there any sort of local research I could do myself? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

If at all possible you need a reference from people you trust.

Don't go to the cheapest guy necessarily. There is a difference. It is difficult to tell a difference but rest assured, there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭deliege

Hi Carmeln, I was wondering if you went ahead with the solicitor you mention and if you had any feedback to send in PM maybe? Thanks!

Advertisement