Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Normal to be charged for unanswered calls?

Options
  • 12-11-2015 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭

Hey all, so this month I went way over my plan usage limits. Granted id to make a few extra calls this month but when looking through my bill, I noticed that Meteor are charging me a minimum of 24 cents for every call made.

These are calls that don't even get answered. Is this normal?? I have numerous charges for 24 cents for calls that are listed as 1 second calls etc.

Their support team are absolutely shocking. Impossible to reach them on chat or via phone. The only small bit of communication I can get from them is through their twitter. Seriously thinking of moving to three or ID.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you ring somebody and they dont pickup, the second it stops ringing to start the voicemail service you're "connected" and its a chargeable call. So that may be what you're seeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

ED E wrote: »
    If you ring somebody and they dont pickup, the second it stops ringing to start the voicemail service you're "connected" and its a chargeable call. So that may be what you're seeing.

Yeah looks like they have a minimum charge of 24 cent which is ridiculous imo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

When I was in America a couple of years back I was charged for calls made to my phone that I didn't even answer. And I don't have voicemail set up either so it just rang out.

I rang them to complain after I got the bill and they refunded me but it was still some move to try and pull.

Advertisement