Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parteen to Foynes

• 12-11-2015 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

Lads is anyone here making this commute to work.
    About to start a job in Foynes in a couple of weeks. Trying to work out the quickest route
    Have done a few dummy runs by going the usual Selborne Rd on to Condell or thomondgate over Sarsfield bridge,up O Connell st and back down onto Dock Rd.
    Both these working out the same.
    Anyone use the tunnel ?
    Any tips appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i dont commute for work to foynes but i often go to foynes from home (thomondgate) my normal commute is to raheen

i find it depends really on the time if you leave before about 8.10 you should fly down shelbourne road and then onto the dock road.

leaving anything after that and the fastest route is the condell road (via ivans cross)

heading through the tunnel i you'd get caught trying to get off at the roundabout on the dock road

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

With dropping kids hope to be passing Long Pavement at 8.10 each morning.
    Will try straight down Shelbourne. Worry would be Ard Scoil but I suppose at that time your just beating the schools

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

You'll be touch and go every morning with that. I had to come in that way a few mornings for an early appointment in town and ended up being late for as many as I was on time. Around the same time profile as you.

Between the very short green light sequence at Union Cross, Ard Scoil and Salesians and the lights at Condell Rd it can get very congested very quickly. The Gael Scoil is moving into Edmund Rice college on the Shelbourne Rd as well next September. There's also a train crossing the long pavement between 8:15 and 8:20 every morning.

I think during term time you'll be better off taking the tunnel

Advertisement