Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car seat query

• 12-11-2015 3:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all

Our little girl is 18 months, she is on her second car seat maxi cosi pearl fitted to the family fix base.

She is very tall for her age (both her mum and I are relatively tall) so her head is already above the top of the back of it. She weights around 32lbs or so.

i assume that this means we need to move onto the next size seat (although i thought these were for 3 years upwards)

is that correct or am i missing something? if that is the case whats the general consensus on a good group 2/3 seat, iso fix i guess.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

sorry ill move to the mega thread

doh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Is it the rock a tot car seat? As in the first one you would have had her in when taking her home from the hospital? They aren't designed to keep a baby in until they are 3 years old. I got away with having mine in hers for almost a year and the peopel in the shop where I bought her current one from were surprised that she stayed in it for so long.

Either way, if her head is over the top of it then the seat is no longer safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Is it the rock a tot car seat? As in the first one you would have had her in when taking her home from the hospital? They aren't designed to keep a baby in until they are 3 years old. I got away with having mine in hers for almost a year and the peopel in the shop where I bought her current one from were surprised that she stayed in it for so long.

Either way, if her head is over the top of it then the seat is no longer safe.

nope this one

http://www.maxi-cosi.com/car-seats/pearl.aspx

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

You should get more then 18 months out of it.
    Are you adjusting the height correctly?
    Maybe go to one of the car seat shops and show them the issue?
    how tall is the child?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CorkGurl

Roam Mothercare car seat&what generic iso fix works with it? Any know please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

CorkGurl wrote: »
    Roam Mothercare car seat&what generic iso fix works with it? Any know please?

To the best of my knowledge the Roam base only works with the infant carrier that comes with the travel system, which is a bit unfortunate.

Advertisement