Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live at the Marquee 2016

Options
  • 12-11-2015 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86,638 ✭✭✭✭

Nathan Carter and Lord of the Dance (Dangerous Games 3 nights) announced

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Christy moore and the coronas announcements are inevitable!

Bring back Pixies please, Peter Aiken!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Roar wrote: »

Fuccking this, I was out of the country when they played, would have been there front row otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Fuccking this, I was out of the country when they played, would have been there front row otherwise.

It was INCREDIBLE. What a show. Band looked like they genuinely had a good time too. A summer of playing to indifferent festival crowds, and then coming to a small tent with 5,000 of their own fans really saw them get in to it. It was so much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

It was INCREDIBLE. What a show. Band looked like they genuinely had a good time too. A summer of playing to indifferent festival crowds, and then coming to a small tent with 5,000 of their own fans really saw them get in to it. It was so much fun.

Aaaargh, my favourite band and all like :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Coronas are back again!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

The crowd were incredible that night. There was a wonderful moment when Frank Black leaned over towards Joey Santiago and you could clearly see him asking "Where are we?!". Amazing gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Its taken me 7 posts to realise the lads are talking about The Pixies and not The Coronas or Christy.

At least I hope they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

We're talking about Nathan Carter. Do keep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

tailgunner wrote: »
    We're talking about Nathan Carter. Do keep up.

I don't know what a Nathan Carter is!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Saw Lord of the Dance in NY recently. Was absolutely fantastic. Riverdance was very successful this summer so can see loads travelling down for it. Good line up so far, looks promising!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

As Rod Stewart is playing Nowlan Park in June, I wouldn't be surprised to see him added ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Wilco are scheduled for a gig in Dublin in June, lets hope they slap a Marquee gig onto that also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Wilco are scheduled for a gig in Dublin in June, lets hope they slap a Marquee gig onto that also.

There's been a decent crossover between the Marquee and the Iveagh Gardens the last few years. The Frames, Damien Rice, Bell X1, Imelda May and the National all did both, while St Vincent played Iveagh Gardens and the Opera House last year so good chance that someone playing in the IG will be in Cork.

Whether Wilco have enough of fanbase here to warrant a Cork gig as well as a Dublin one I don't know. Everyone I've told that I'm planning on buying tickets for Wilco has responded with "Wilco?" so...

John Grant will almost certainly play in Cork again with his IG gig, though he is already down for the Opera House in January so maybe that's all. He's veerrrry popular here though.

--

As for the rest of the Marquee gigs, they always pull something out of the bag. I'd love to see a return of the Harmonic gigs that got Grizzly Bear & Midlake one year, and Fleet Foxes the next. The National also had very good crowds here for two consecutive years, so certainly an appetite for indie/alt stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,638 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm surprised Christy and Imelda haven't been announced yet

• Registered Users Posts: 20 czar

Dropkick Murphys
    Live at the Marquee - June 7

Tickets on Sale Thursday November 26 at 9am

czar wrote: »
    Dropkick Murphys
    Live at the Marquee - June 7

Tickets on Sale Thursday November 26 at 9am

Wouldn't think they'd have the popularity to sell out a night at Cyprus Avenue, let alone the Marquee!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Do they have more than the one hit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Olly murs added as well for July 7th I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1 milleniumbabe

Can someone tell me how long the artists play for? Is it a regular concert or a few songs?

Can someone tell me how long the artists play for? Is it a regular concert or a few songs?

Usually the headline main act plays for about 2 hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Usually the headline main act plays for about 2 hours

I don't know about that, I think the majority of relatively new or poppy acts will play 90 minutes while the more established artists (with an extensive back catalog) will play 2 hours. But these days the average stage time for a main act seems to be 90 minutes.

Olly murs added as well for July 7th I think

€54.65 is that dear for Olly at LATM

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Announcement today for ,,,,,,, Imelda May!! I do like the girl but I think they should have some change. Maybe only have an artist there every two years or something.. Tis getting a bit mundane..

I keep getting excited as Rick Astley keeps announcing new tour dates im like come on, come on and bring Midge.. Be fecking rocking

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭muggles

Milly33 wrote: »
    Announcement today for ,,,,,,, Imelda May!! I do like the girl but I think they should have some change. Maybe only have an artist there every two years or something.. Tis getting a bit mundane..

I keep getting excited as Rick Astley keeps announcing new tour dates im like come on, come on and bring Midge.. Be fecking rocking

Cheers for the heads up Milly! Had this thread followed precisely for this announcement. Not for myself but xmas pressie for someone else. :)

not a tottle. if tis for Imelda I heard she is supposed to be very good, the parents went one year and enjoyed it, and we always hear the sound check and she sounds great

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Milly33 wrote: »
    not a tottle. if tis for Imelda I heard she is supposed to be very good, the parents went one year and enjoyed it, and we always hear the sound check and she sounds great

Imelda is very good, saw her in the Opera House last year, but I wouldn't go see her again. I think once is enough.

That's what I mean with the repeats at the Marquee like if they usual suspects every second year or something it would change things up a bit

Little Mix also added today. A lot of pop shows to tap the Christmas market so far.

What harm - I just hope we get some rock and indie stuff in the new year. The Marquee has never failed before so I don't think it will this year either - but it would be nice to know before I book a holiday!!

Oh another one Simply Red is added. I wouldn't say no

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Little Mix also added today.

Cheers for the heads up, I know a little girl is going to be thrilled.
    Daddy not so.

Advertisement