Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live at the Marquee 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

I agree with the post about repeat artist like Christs and I melds but there must be a market if they keep coming back...nothing has overly jumped out so far with the acts announced..maybe Olli murs but ill hold out and see

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭weadick

I dont get the Imelda May thing at all. She was appealing when she first came on the scene but she's totally oversold herself here, appearing on every bloody chat show, hosting her own. What kind of a serious artist would do advertisements for a credit union?

I saw the Pixies at the Marquee two years ago and it was brilliant. It's actually a really good venue for that type of band.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,638 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Little Mix also added today. A lot of pop shows to tap the Christmas market so far.

What harm - I just hope we get some rock and indie stuff in the new year. The Marquee has never failed before so I don't think it will this year either - but it would be nice to know before I book a holiday!!

I'd guess their tickets will be as high priced as Olly's

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Simply red there on June 11th

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

PIXIES ARE COMING BACK

THERE IS A GOD

:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

You sure, when did you hear this himself will be fecking weak

Whoop Christmas pressie sorted..

Need Rick now

Pixies annnounced on red frm this morning

Pixies annnounced on red frm this morning

Yep tickets on sale on Monday all systems go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Brilliant, definitely going to this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Pixies are a good announcement certainly. Big lack of recent rock/indie bands though in the Biffy or National mould.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭snoopy12

Corholio wrote: »
    Pixies are a good announcement certainly. Big lack of recent rock/indie bands though in the Biffy or National mould.

Wonderful news!

The corrs announced June 9th anyone else announced since christmas?

I think they were the latest ones to be announced.. Fair deuce to them for making a comeback I cant say I would pay to go but then support irish.. Got tickets for Simply red for Christmas cant wait... Mind all I have in my head is bunnies to tight to mention

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Milly33 wrote: »
    I think they were the latest ones to be announced.. Fair deuce to them for making a comeback I cant say I would pay to go but then support irish.. Got tickets for Simply red for Christmas cant wait... Mind all I have in my head is bunnies to tight to mention

I'm going to Simply red as well, my favourite song is something got me started, that's some song!!!!!!:):)

Whoopp!! I must go get some of his tunes.. I cant say I was a huge fan when he was all out there but he really does have some great songs...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,537 ✭✭✭brevity

Set your reminders for next Thursday at 9am

https://twitter.com/LATMofficial/status/697724628228317184

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Wow.

who are they never heard of them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Foals - great booking. Such a great live band.

Anyone think this will sell out? I'm broke so no tickets for me yet.

Foals - great booking. Such a great live band.

Anyone think this will sell out? I'm broke so no tickets for me yet.

Yes! Great news. Was gutted I missed out on last nights show with Everything Everything but this definitely makes up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭BrianJD

Gavin James announced for June 10th.

Anyone else annoyed by Ticketmaster not separating the different seating in sections when choosing the tickets?

I'm trying to get tiered seating in Block D but the search keeps bringing back only Block B, the big stand, and it won't seem to move onto the other tiers until they are all gone. Will buy in Ticket Office instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Corholio wrote: »
    Anyone else annoyed by Ticketmaster not separating the different seating in sections when choosing the tickets?

I'm trying to get tiered seating in Block D but the search keeps bringing back only Block B, the big stand, and it won't seem to move onto the other tiers until they are all gone. Will buy in Ticket Office instead.

I was at Beck last year & the stands at either side of the stage were closed off.
    Even in a ticket office they may not sell them until the stand at the back is full.

That's how they've always done it at the Marquee. They will let it sell first to see what the demand is like, then they'll open up the other two seated areas if they are needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,638 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

BrianJD wrote: »
    Gavin James announced for June 10th.

What price is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Tom Jones and Slayer/Anthrax added now.

• Advertisement

ofcork wrote: »
    Tom Jones and Slayer/Anthrax added now.

That's one hell of a triple bill.

Advertisement