Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live at the Marquee 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

2 separate dates tj on one night,the others on a different night.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Yep, separate nights now

• Registered Users Posts: 86,641 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Little Mix doing a second date now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Blackie Grey

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Little Mix doing a second date now

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Anyone going to Nathan Carter?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭etoughguy

What kind of long haired weirdo devil worshipper would go to see slayer and anthrax?

PS tickets got!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Chic with Nile Rogers coming too.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Chic and Nile Rodgers absolutely brill last year - can't wait for another night of that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Over 90 euro for a ticket ,very steep.

Henley is a bit of a hypocrite.
    He says he doesnt want to be a karaoke machine playing his hits ,yet he wants to charge big money for covers and new solo stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Zardoz wrote: »
    Over 90 euro for a ticket ,very steep.

Henley is a bit of a hypocrite.
    He says he doesnt want to be a karaoke machine playing his hits ,yet he wants to charge big money for covers and new solo stuff.

Yeah, heard it on the radio, and honestly didnt know who he was until I heard a few songs. Over €90 a ticket though. Too rich for my liking.

Simply Red was very good just disappointed with the length of the concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭goochy

Yes agree about simply red. Felt short changed after paying 65quid . Wouldnt mind if there was a warm up act.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

fin12 wrote: »
    Simply Red was very good just disappointed with the length of the concert.

How long was the gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

It was just about a hour and 15 id say.. Went also jes in fairness he sounds great, loved the buzz of the crowd there...

Jes though those people wiht the phones are bloody annoying was very tempted to ask the man in front of me to stop it as he was recording and blocked everyone elses vision wasnt very nice, and then people with the bloody lights or flash on in the phones while recording so fecking annoying...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,852 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Milly33 wrote: »
    It was just about a hour and 15 id say.. Went also jes in fairness he sounds great, loved the buzz of the crowd there...

That's too short for 65 euro ,simply unacceptable.
    Ive noticed a trend of some artists playing shortened setlists in Cork yet charging high prices.

What was the sound like ?
    I was at the Corrs on Thursday night and the sound was very poor.
    Way too much bass ,the drums were deafening ,I had to move back from the stage as my ears were aching.
    Vocals were muffled too and too low in the sound mix .
    Corrs played for an hour and three quarters though .
    Would have been a great gig but for the sound.

That's too short for 65 euro ,simply unacceptable.
    Ive noticed a trend of some artists playing shortened setlists in Cork yet charging high prices.

What was the sound like ?
    I was at the Corrs on Thursday night and the sound was very poor.
    Way too much bass ,the drums were deafening ,I had to move back from the stage as my ears were aching.
    Vocals were muffled too and too low in the sound mix .
    Corrs played for an hour and three quarters though .
    Would have been a great gig but for the sound.

Ya I've noticed the concerts seem shorter in the marquee with a lot of the Artists and it just seems that it's happening in recent times like before you would probably be leaving the marquee at 10:45 but now it could be finished before 10 which just seems strange, I thought the sound was very good anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭pms7

It was hour and half I think, too short though, wouldn't kill them to play another 15 mins.
    Sound was good.

I heard a clip of the corrs alright and the sound didn't sound great.. Must say mr red sounded very good.. Must have been the Corrs set up itself..Nothing worse than bad sound...

That's what I was thinking with the gigs too they used to go on till at least 10.30 or 10.45... Shame but I wont give out I must say I enjoyed it

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

I thought the concert was brill, I'm so glad I had a seat in block B, if I'd been down there among the crowd with the cameras and flashing lights, I'd have gone mad. It's when you're at a height looking down that you can see how many people are recording/photographing, it's just crazy. I can't understand why fans can't just enjoy the music and ambiance. They miss so much by trying to focus or watch through a small lens. I'm hoping that promoters will stop this practice in future as it does block others view.

If there is a problem with the "locals" complaining about noise late in the evening - and really, can't blame them, then promoters should start the concerts earlier. It isn't just about when the music stops playing, it's people leaving the premises, cars blocking roads, men p'ing against trees and railings, will I continue............

I've paid a lot higher price for Don Henley ticket, so I better get more than a 75 min concert :) But I gotta say I left Simply Red on a high on Sat night, the songs from dancing days :D

• Advertisement

Yeah I agree Jude must say I would not have felt hard done by with price as he did a great show... I don't think the locals complain to be honest. We were locals there for a few years and never heard of anyone given out about it....

Man those people video really are annoying, I do not understand it also why you would go to a concert and watch it through your phone utterly sad.. There was someone up the front with the camera on a selfie stick... If people want to do that they should have a specific area or something where they have to go, rather than blocking everyone else's view

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

The venue would be ideal for a fanzone that shows the Ireland games.

Loads of food and drink :D

Have the organisers missed out or is it too much hassle?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,641 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is there any comps for tickets for any shows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

mikeym wrote: »
    The venue would be ideal for a fanzone that shows the Ireland games.

Loads of food and drink :D

Have the organisers missed out or is it too much hassle?

They tried it for Euro 2012 and it was an absolute disaster. They cancelled the 2nd and 3rd group games after the first one sold so poorly.

I think the Opera House are doing it this time around, though I've no idea how well it'll go.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

sound is ****e down the marquee always.its the venue not the band

I go to the Marquee every year and I don't hear anything wrong with the sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

fin12 wrote: »
    I go to the Marquee every year and I don't hear anything wrong with the sound.

fair play

Me either Fin always went and never had an issue with the sound.. See me think now they problem people are having is that you cant actually hear it down the road.. Cork seems this big misconception that the louder you play the music the better... Ubber Fail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I've been to plenty of gigs at the Marquee over the years and have experienced good and bad sound, like every other venue in the world. Sometimes it's down to the band, but temporary venues often struggle to get the sound right for every act.

for e.g., Neil Young two years ago was crystal clear sound, some of the best I have ever heard. But, the very same summer I saw Biffy Clyro who were practically inaudible at times - severe distortion and I couldn't identify one track from another for the heavier ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

in relation to the sound, I think it might depend on where you are located. I was at The National, standing left of centre and the sound was dire whenever anyone on stage spoke but the music (and singing was fine).
    Last year I was at The Waterboys, standing dead centre and the sound was very good.
    But I agree with ROY RACE, it's the venue, c'mon sound is never going to be ideal in a big tent on a concrete ground.

Advertisement