Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish websites for information about people and companies

Options
  • 12-11-2015 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I live in Sweden and here information about people and companies is very open.

We have websites such as ratsit.se where you can look people up and find out if they are married, where they live, etc. On some other sites you can look up if they own cars and their phone numbers.

Are there equivalent sites for Ireland?

I'm looking primarily for sites where you can look up where a person lives and their phone number. Also who is in the board of directors of a company, who owns it, etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭223vmax

plstudent wrote: »
    .... Also who is in the board of directors of a company, who owns it, etc.

www.cro.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Lol. I read your name as piss student.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

www.cro.ie manages all the company registration data.

The census contains the data you seek, but is STRICTLY confidential.

Register of electors has some. Note you can ONLY use the edited register:
    What is the Edited Register?

Since 2004, registration authorities are required to publish two versions of the Electoral Register – the 'Full' register and the 'Edited' register. The full register lists everyone who is entitled to vote and can only be used for an electoral or other statutory purpose. The Edited Register contains the names and addresses of persons whose details can be used for a purpose other than an electoral or other statutory purpose, e.g. for direct marketing use by a commercial or other organisation.

We dont have a system like Finland where tax returns are a matter of public record.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

http://www.duedil.com will give you information on companies. I think you need to register before getting information. You can get quite a bit there for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 plstudent

223vmax wrote: »
    cro.ie

Thanks! It looks like you have to pay 3,5 Euro to get the information though.

• Advertisement

duedil.com will give you information on companies. I think you need to register before getting information. You can get quite a bit there for free.

The company I seek, "CarFit Motor Company", doesn't appear to be on the website, though. It does show up in cro's website.

ED E wrote: »
    cro.ie manages all the company registration data.

The census contains the data you seek, but is STRICTLY confidential.

Register of electors has some. Note you can ONLY use the edited register:

We dont have a system like Finland where tax returns are a matter of public record.

And I guess this edited register is not available online?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Another site for companies and directors but there is a charge too

http://www.solocheck.ie/

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

plstudent wrote: »
    The company I seek, "CarFit Motor Company", doesn't appear to be on the website, though. It does show up in cro's website.

Are looking for info on this place www.carfitmotorco.ie? The owner of that website is somebody John O'Reilly so that might be of some help. Try doing a director search for him on solo check. That'll give you his address. From that you should be able to find a lot more.

EDIT - he's a sole trader or in a partnership as it's not a limited company so his details won't necessarily be in the public domain.

Advertisement