Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying games from Amazon

Options
  • 12-11-2015 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭

Over two months ago I ordered Bloodbourne from Amazon. It wasn't in stock at the time so it gave a delivery date of between 2nd of October to some time in early November. There is still no sign of it now. I don't seem to be able to track the order. I assumed there would be some e-mail address I could e-mail as I've done that before when buying from other sellers on Amazon. The money has come out of the account even though I ordered the game on the 8th of September and there is still no sign of it. Anyone have any solutions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Just chat Amazon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Redo91 wrote: »
    Over two months ago I ordered Bloodbourne from Amazon. It wasn't in stock at the time so it gave a delivery date of between 2nd of October to some time in early November. There is still no sign of it now. I don't seem to be able to track the order. I assumed there would be some e-mail address I could e-mail as I've done that before when buying from other sellers on Amazon. The money has come out of the account even though I ordered the game on the 8th of September and there is still no sign of it. Anyone have any solutions?

Are Asendia the couriers?
    They never delivered FIFA 16 to me so Amazon had to send a replacement & now are going to deliver Fallout 4 to me 17 days after it dispatched to me on Tuesday.
    I messaged Amazon & they tried to fob off £5 vouchers on me.....again. I'm not in a rush to play it but 17 days is taking the piss tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

They have taken a nosedive. I bought Divinity Original Sin for the PS4 on Thursday. They said it may arrive on the 27th, over two weeks away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Arturo Bandini

ERG89 wrote: »
    Are Asendia the couriers?
    They never delivered FIFA 16 to me so Amazon had to send a replacement & now are going to deliver Fallout 4 to me 17 days after it dispatched to me on Tuesday.
    I messaged Amazon & they tried to fob off £5 vouchers on me.....again. I'm not in a rush to play it but 17 days is taking the piss tbh
    Yeah Asendia are terrible. Out of my 3 orders sent with them I only got 1. I've stopped using Amazon due to them using Asendia. The quality of their service is a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Asendia are hopeless. Send Amazon an email and they will arrange another delivery using An Post.
    I've stopped using Amazon due to them using Asendia. The quality of their service is a joke

They have really started to take the piss lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i've found them bad recently, I ordered the new Metal Gear game , on pre order. I did not mind it being a few days after launch, but 2 weeks later still no sign. I contacted them and said they would send again straight away. I said not to bother because it could be bought second hand cheaper at that stage. Much the same thing happened to another game previously. Before that I had found Amazon excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Arturo Bandini

Surely it's only a matter of time before they stop using them? I know they were trying to cut costs by using Asendia, but constantly having to resend orders must be having the opposite effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

The rainforest is a dangerous place.

joking aside, was it an order from amazon directly, or one of those sellers that has a presence on amazon? My experience with them has been mixed at best.

The Asendia thing is new to me , just noticed on my order for Tomb Raider it's sold by Amazon which is correct but on my google now notifications on the phone it says Asendia :confused:

I've only had one issue really with amazon, with black flag not arriving. Their customer service has been quick an easy to deal with and get a refund with.

Actually that time with black flag I think they asked me to way 5 working days after 2 weeks had passed and still no game. Got my refund and 2 or 3 weeks later a battered copy of black flag arrived in the door, looked like more of an issue of being lost in a post van than amazon's fault :D

The Asendia thing is new to me , just noticed on my order for Tomb Raider it's sold by Amazon which is correct but on my google now notifications on the phone it says Asendia :confused:

I've only had one issue really with amazon, with black flag not arriving. Their customer service has been quick an easy to deal with and get a refund with.

Actually that time with black flag I think they asked me to way 5 working days after 2 weeks had passed and still no game. Got my refund and 2 or 3 weeks later a battered copy of black flag arrived in the door, looked like more of an issue of being lost in a post van than amazon's fault :D

Asendia are the couriers.
    My game dispatched from Amazon on Wednesday but I won't get it for a fortnight. Any time I complained they just give £5 off my next delivery. My own fault as i've used 3 £5 vouchers now :o
    I noticed they have gone to feck lately. I used to understand that the free delivery used to mean a 7/8 day wait but not over a fortnight. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

I usally find amazon good, theyre amazing compared to game "We'll respond to you in five months"

It all depends on the seller. Some are fantastic, some aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Stopped using Amazon for a few months now. Used to be a regular high spender on there but everything has gone to crap

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ordered Arkham Knight from Amazon. Asendia were the couriers and while Amazon themselves were very helpful in terms of getting a refund, I did tell them that I wouldn't use them again if Asendia were being used as their main courier.

It's a shame because Amazon's prices are usually very reasonable.

TheGameCollection have been outstanding as an alternative from the few times I've ordered with them. Very prompt with new releases working out at around €50 + Parcel Motel delivery charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Are all you guys Ireland, or is this a Uk issue ?. Never heard of this "Asendia" crowd, do they deliver for Amazon in Ireland ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

How do you know if they have shipped it with that "Asendia" crowd? Is it if you select "Super Saver Delivery"? They are saying it'll take my COD Black Ops 3 over 2 weeks to arrive!

It should tell you on the order page who the courier is.

1st December is my delivery date for Battlefront - it shipped today. Still waiting on Black Ops 3 to arrive all because Amazon have switched to fcuking "bulk mail" with "Asendia".

Ridiculous...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

So thats why the post has gone shocking with amazon they changed the shipping company games are nearly always taking 2 weeks now to come and 80% of the time i cant be assed and just pay the extra 7 or 8 euros in argos on when ever they come out and if your lucky argos will have the 5 euro gift card free with said game.

Gears of War Remastered took nearly 3 weeks to get when it came out LoL.

Ended up getting Forza 6 for 13 pound because they lost the 1st copy and i told them you are UPS it to me now for tomorrow and they did and gave me loads of discount as well.

Then Rock band 4 i got for free as they told me it might take 6 weeks to get from posting LoL. So i gave out and they refunded me.

Tomb Raider is nearly a week now and no sign of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

I always order when they say order before X of Y to get it by Z
    Order the day before X and you get it for cheaper and if it doesnt come by Z get a refund :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Well, their recent shoddy service and general confusion can work to a persons advantage sometimes.

Recently a friend :rolleyes: had Fallout 4 with the artbook and CD pre-ordered from them. When launch day came and Argos had the day 1 deal and there was no sign of the Amazon FO4 shipping my friend tried to cancel the Amazon order online. He couldn't as it was preparing for dispatch. So taking a chance he went on chat with a customer service person. The CSA said no problem but the order will be dispatched and a refund issued then. My friend asked how could they return the item when it arrived. CSA said not to worry, it will not arrive as the courier will be asked to return it to Amazon once it gets to the main depot and the refund will definitely be applied as soon as it leaves Amazon. Friend was happy with that and picked up FO4 in Argos.

On Thursday he got his Amazon refund. However on Friday he was told by reception in work that a package arrived in work for him, it was the Amazon order. Friend still has the box unopened a week later and has heard nothing since from Amazon. :D

My friend was wondering what to do with the game and realized he has both a spare, sealed copy of FO4 and an Argos receipt for FO4... I have advised said friend to stop acting the gowl. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Thanks for the replies. Seller was Amazon. Not sure who the courier is. I'll try giving them an e-mail. Never had any problems like this before when the seller has been either Amazon or someone else.

I'm still waiting for CoD Bops 3. It shipped on 7th November!!! Fecking disgrace. They're using Asendia to ship. It would be delivered quicker if I lived on the moon!

Still waiting on my copy of Tomb Raider !!!!! LoL. Nearly 3 weeks at this stage what a joke and 1/2

Have been in touch and they fully refunded me for the game if it comes now there not getting the game sent back as no way a game should take more then a week to come from the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Jukebox Jim

Waiting on Tomb Raider too.. Really thought it would arrive today. Asendia are an absolute joke and this will be my last game order from Amazon. I've ordered plenty of games in the past and while I never expected them on release day they would always arrive within 4 - 5 days after launch.

Waiting on Tomb Raider too.. Really thought it would arrive today. Asendia are an absolute joke and this will be my last game order from Amazon. I've ordered plenty of games in the past and while I never expected them on release day they would always arrive within 4 - 5 days after launch.

Same I am still waiting for my tomb raider joke and it's what 3 weeks now at this stage. Have got on to them there today and they fully refunded me for it and if it comes they can f off thinking I am sending it back.

Here's something crazy I bought the new guiter hero when it came out form amazon France I had the game in 3 days .... lol

Contact Amazon and let them know. It might lead to them dropping Ascendia.

lertsnim wrote: »
    Contact Amazon and let them know. It might lead to them dropping Ascendia.

Asendia are the real problem here tbh. It's ALWAYS them.
    My Fallout 4 copy is supposed to arrive today but I'd bet my life it won't.
    I'm already trying to think of things to say to Amazon when I message then later.
    Gonna mention today's price cut on there for FO4 too for spite

ERG89 wrote: »
    Asendia are the real problem here tbh. It's ALWAYS them.

That's exactly the point I was making.

• Advertisement

I was speaking to a irish girl there on support and she told me loads of problems that they have been having with Asendia and she named them before me :O.

They are looking at changing them they said for ireland as it has cost them a lot of money in the long run

Advertisement