Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying games from Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Battlefront arrived yesterday and only took a week. It arrived ahead of it's estimated delivery date of the 1st December. Black Ops shipped on 7th and still has not arrived. Refund processed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Just ordered BO3, hoping itll come after 2/12 so I can get a refund ;P

• Registered Users Posts: 35 scartboy

Seems to be the luck of the draw which delivery method Amazon uses. I placed two orders yesterday within two hours of each other and they were both dispatched by this morning (Saturday).

One has an estimated delivery date of next Wednesday and has an An Post tracking number. The other one, using Asendia, isn't estimated for delivery until Friday week - almost two weeks away - and has no tracking option.

One thing I've now noticed is that the Order Confirmation email includes the expected delivery date. So, if the quoted delay is very long, it's probably being shipped by Asendia. At that stage, you still have the opportunity to cancel the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I've stopped using amazon for games. For myself (based in Belfast), the claim that games "arrive on release day" is basically the luck of the draw. 7/10 times the game will arrive the week after the scheduled release date.

I've since started purchasing from The Games Collection and Just Cause 3 which, is due for release next Tuesday, arrived today. And with it being a cool £10 cheaper than amazon, I'm satisfied with my decision to buy from TGC.

Glico Man wrote: »
    I've stopped using amazon for games. For myself (based in Belfast), the claim that games "arrive on release day" is basically the luck of the draw. 7/10 times the game will arrive the week after the scheduled release date.

I've since started purchasing from The Games Collection and Just Cause 3 which, is due for release next Tuesday, arrived today. And with it being a cool £10 cheaper than amazon, I'm satisfied with my decision to buy from TGC.

I've never seen that site before,the prices look great though, how much have you used it and cant it be trusted?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Rorok wrote: »
    I've never seen that site before,the prices look great though, how much have you used it and cant it be trusted?

Have used them quite a few times for cheap WII U games they never disappoint and allways have the games in 3 or 4 say to the south of ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Jukebox Jim

Still no sign of Tomb Raider. Did anyone else have any luck? Rang Amazon and got a £5 voucher but was told to wait until the 8th before ringing again. Expecting Battlefront tomorrow but it's Asendia again so I won't hold my breath.. Very disappointing as I ordered FarCry 4 on Thursday as a present and damn thing arrived today!

I did the priority order but it doesn't look like it'll be here by tomorrow. Did you guys just email them and ask for a refund or just say it hasn't arrived and then they gave you a discount

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Dono email. Talk to them on the phone as that's the best way of dealing with them ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

I'm just curious to what's the latest someone has waited for something to arrive from Amazon when it's been sent by Asendia i.e. Did it turn up after 3, 4 or 5 weeks? I'm waiting on Call of Duty Black Ops 3 since 7th November last! The 7th was a Saturday so I suppose from 9th November.

Thanks...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Arturo Bandini

I'm just curious to what's the latest someone has waited for something to arrive from Amazon when it's been sent by Asendia i.e. Did it turn up after 3, 4 or 5 weeks? I'm waiting on Call of Duty Black Ops 3 since 7th November last! The 7th was a Saturday so I suppose from 9th November.

Thanks...

Out of my 3 orders sent with Asendia any that hadn't shown up after 2 weeks never showed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Thanks...

It never turned up. Contact Amazon.

I got priority delivery since all the problems here, arrived on day, no problems at all

Still nothing. An absolute disgrace and the worst experience I've had with Amazon after years shopping with them. Will be getting in touch with them for a full refund for the two games. Remember people, if it says Asendia just press cancel!

Still nothing. An absolute disgrace and the worst experience I've had with Amazon after years shopping with them. Will be getting in touch with them for a full refund for the two games. Remember people, if it says Asendia just press cancel!

Have you asked them to send another copy?

Not yet. When I spoke to them during the week they said Tomb Raider was out of stock until the 8th so they wouldn't be able to process a return until then. Might ask for new copies of both games but if it's being sent through Asendia again I'll tell them no thanks and just go elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Not yet. When I spoke to them during the week they said Tomb Raider was out of stock until the 8th so they wouldn't be able to process a return until then. Might ask for new copies of both games but if it's being sent through Asendia again I'll tell them no thanks and just go elsewhere.

I was on to amazon tonight. Looking for my copy of Fallout 4.
    They said they can't offer me a replacement but if I cancel my order they will change mine to deliver fast & at the original price. I did but they said it didn't process & to make sure it was dispatched by Amazon. Ok I ordered it again then they said it was out of stock. Amazon asked me to wait I said no & I want a refund now. They offered me a £5 voucher I told them I don't want one give me my refund. So 5 weeks after I am going elsewhere to buy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

I too have fallen into the Asendia black hole. Ordered up all the parts to build a new skylake gaming system ,all parts arrived from other channlles in under 4 working days . The SSD i ordered is now coming from Asendia and witha three week delivery time . This is holding up my build and from what im reading online Asendia dont seem to do anything except acept funds for nothing . When will Amazon call Shinanigans on this slow loris work ethic.

The three week del date ends tomorrow and I know i will be asking for full refund on it , had to go to maplins ffs.

Im going to order dying light for£18, however you only get free delivery for £20+, and delivery is £4, is there anyway I can make it so I only pay£20 rather than £22

Update: was on to them they said I'd only have to pay £20

Just ordered dying light, hope it comss before xmas, it said it would

• Advertisement

Asendia order 3.5 weeks late - now being rushed to me on the wings of virginal pegassus. I have asked them why if on Amazon forums and on Boards that this company is being flagged for having nothing but damaged stock ( Excuse i was given is that it was faulty lol, no effort made to replace it lol, its just waffle i know this but they should axe this company its too well documented that they are just a bunch of naval gazers)

I ordered dying lightand it says its coming tomorrow, I ordered on the 12th

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

meh one of my orders (a jacket) from the 2nd of dec still hasnt arrived :/ it was due last week too

meh one of my orders (a jacket) from the 2nd of dec still hasnt arrived :/ it was due last week too

Are you recieving it Via Asendia ?

Still no sign of Tomb Raider. Did anyone else have any luck? Rang Amazon and got a £5 voucher but was told to wait until the 8th before ringing again. Expecting Battlefront tomorrow but it's Asendia again so I won't hold my breath.. Very disappointing as I ordered FarCry 4 on Thursday as a present and damn thing arrived today!

Mine still hasn't arrived, over a month now. I've long since got a refund which they put up no resistance to what so ever, even going through the online chat which is manned in India (I think, maybe wrong but all signs point to that being the case) and are usually as by the book as they come.

One thing to watch and I posted same in the online auctions + buying thread on amazon is to watch the estimated delivery date on your account like a hawk.

When I placed my order I got a delivery date of the 17-19th of November , after that day came and went I checked my account and it had been changed to December 4th I think it was without any notification by email of this change and it was changed after the game had already been dispatched. Chat tried to explain there was an issue with stock while processing the refund, didn't have an answer to how it could be dispatched in the first place if there were stock issues.

I've little sympathy for big companies losing money usually but I really hope amazon are not taking the hit on this and are sticking it to Ascendia, I've been using amazon for years and never heard them to have the level of issues reported here and elsewhere. I'll gladly go back to them when they sort this out but no way will I give them another penny as long as Ascendia are in the picture .

dbit wrote: »
    Are you recieving it Via Asendia ?

hope not, going by this thread - but afaik it's not

I'm just hoping it's christmas backlog instead of a messup

hope not, going by this thread - but afaik it's not

I'm just hoping it's christmas backlog instead of a messup

log in and look at the shipper if its them your goosed. I bought loads of star wars stuff in OCT the Millenium falcon came from them - and went missing three weeks passed and Ascendia or how ever its spelled again a no show. Calling them they tell me it was damaged - so i ask oh right when exactly did you see it was damaged and when were you going to take action , same thing this week with my ssd - damaged me balls how bout didnt send it .

it doesn't actually say, it's weird though the 3rd party company i bought the jacket from on amazon is actually located in dublin..

jesus this is depressing lol

haha, i just found that company's website too - turns out the jacket is 18 quid cheaper from them direct! What way do refunds work with amazon? have ye to wait til the deliver estimate is expired or can ye get it done before that?

their second estimate is for tomorrow at the latest but i'm seriously doubting that it'll show up at all now

• Advertisement

it doesn't actually say, it's weird though the 3rd party company i bought the jacket from on amazon is actually located in dublin..

jesus this is depressing lol

Depressing yes but a whole bucket load of fun finding out , and then you discover cheaper prices .........

Advertisement