Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying games from Amazon

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

haha, i just found that company's website too - turns out the jacket is 18 quid cheaper from them direct! What way do refunds work with amazon? have ye to wait til the deliver estimate is expired or can ye get it done before that?

their second estimate is for tomorrow at the latest but i'm seriously doubting that it'll show up at all now

Get on chat to them, they might be able to sort something out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i'll give it til tomorrow,
    Now expected 12 Dec - 16 Dec
    We’re sorry your package is late. If it hasn’t arrived by Wednesday, 16 Dec, please come back for a refund or replacement.
    that's their own second deadline, i might have to talk to them if it's not here by end of business tomorrow :/

Tbh i've a gut feeling it was just never sent in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭alex.middleton

amazon are great in terms of delivery but remember they deal with a ot of 3rd parties!

even trying to file a claim to get your money back is like getting blood from a stone :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I suppose if all else fails you could threaten that you would do a chargeback.

• Advertisement

I do actually want the item though.

I just got a mail back this minute to say they've resent the package and i should have it in 5-6 working days - so yeah, that christmas present isnt going to arrive til after christmas even though i ordered it on the 2nd of December thinking, oh grand that'll arrive in plenty of time for christmas lol.

I'm actually never going to use amazon for anything after this mess, and i know it wasnt specifically them, but either their seller or the post. I still cant be dealing with that kind of hassle every time i order something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

My game came today just like they said, must be luck of the draw and I'm just very lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Amazon have gotten really bad in the last 3-4 months with delivery times, I know a good few people who were waiting nearly 3 weeks for pre ordered super saver delivery games in October and November, games they had ordered months in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Xenji wrote: »
    Amazon have gotten really bad in the last 3-4 months with delivery times, I know a good few people who were waiting nearly 3 weeks for pre ordered super saver delivery games in October and November, games they had ordered months in advance.

Yeah, I was one of those people. COD Black Ops 3 never arrived. Got a refund handy enough. Re-ordered and it arrived within a week as did FIFA'16. Both with Ascendia. Given the volume of missing games someone in Ascendia has to be stealing them for themselves as items never went missing when being delivered via. their standard delivery option.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Amazon are now a last resort with me because of it. They are an absolute joke now and clearly have no desire to fix it.

• Advertisement

do ye reckon it might be something to do with Calais being in a state - overland haulage and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

do ye reckon it might be something to do with Calais being in a state - overland haulage and all that

Not at all. It is Asendia. I had an order with Amazon that failed to arrive within 4 weeks after I ordered it so they sent it again via An Post and I had it within a week.

It happened a second time with another order. I took the refund on that instead.

Both times Asendia was delivering and both times nothing ever arrived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

ASendia order face palmed replacement here within 48 hours , happy yhey fixed it , but its not very re-assuring to see Ascendia all over the web for being this lithargic ........

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Amazon.de for me has never provided any issues, nothing has came with Asendia on the label.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I used to order alot form Amazon over the years but I will not use them any more until they ditch Asendia and I have said this to their customer care team, they know Asendia are a disaster. Wait till it starts to hit Amazon in the pocket and then they will change.

Amazon.de for me has never provided any issues, nothing has came with Asendia on the label.

You just wait and see ....... IF you do see it as the shipper / supplier cancel and u turn immeadiatley .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

When Amazon.de use DHL it's just silly. I'd be quicker booking flights after I place my order collecting and fly back than DHL delivering. They have to be the slowest delivery service going but at least it will turn up.

I used to order alot form Amazon over the years but I will not use them any more until they ditch Asendia and I have said this to their customer care team, they know Asendia are a disaster. Wait till it starts to hit Amazon in the pocket and then they will change.

Both here and on amazon forums its starting to gather more moss. Pitty full rolling stone !.

Advertisement