Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies... what running gear brands are good

Options
  • 12-11-2015 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

I’m just wondering what running gear everyone is wearing and can anyone recommend some budget brands that are good? I like Nike for longer runs, but I was in The Edge yesterday and every pair of leggings I picked up was €60+ I can’t justify spending that kind of money at the moment. I find the Lidl and Aldi stuff ok for shorter runs, but a bit sweaty for longer runs. I’ve seen ads for this crowd doing complete outfirs for £22, has anyone ever tried them?

http://www.fabletics.co.uk/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

I like the Elvery's pro touch range and they normally have buy one get one half price. I use these for the 3/4 and with Winter coming, well arrived, I use the full length.

TK Maxx I got a very good jacket but have a nose on Amazon.

Runways on Parnell St are closing down and at the minute you can buy one pair of runners and get the second half price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Penneys & Dunnes both have nice stuff which IMO is pretty good for their prices. I'm also on the hunt for some new 3/4 lengths for the winter and was looking at Elvery's pro touch earlier, on another note, why is it so hard to find running gear with a decent back pocket? I want to be able to bring my phone on dark winter evenings but not have to wear the damm thing on my arm.

Never used fabletics but gear looks nice, might have browse later!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm a sale shopper - I tend to buy Adidas and Nike gear when it's seriously reduced on Wiggle, Start Fitness etc, this works particularly well if you're at either end of the size range but there are still some bargains to be had in the popular sizes. I also wear shorts around 10 months of the year generally.

In terms of budget brands - More Mile (Start Fitness), dhb (Wiggle), Karrimor (Sports Direct) all worth a look. Sizing can run a little small. I'm in need of some new running shorts or leggings myself ASAP because I'm just about to bump out of every single pair I own :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Firedance wrote: »
    I want to be able to bring my phone on dark winter evenings but not have to wear the damm thing on my arm.

Have you considered a flipbelt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

The Muppet wrote: »
    Have you considered a flipbelt?

yep, not a fan of belts though, really, it shouldn't be such a hassle to include a decent pocket in running gear. I bought 3/4 lengths in Penneys recently, the 'pocket' barley fits a house key, it's so small it won't take my car key!!!! what is point in that... rant over :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

That's a bugbear of mine too Firedance! I would love a decent pocket for my phone AFAIK a lot of mens shorts have them so why is it so hard to put one in womens! The only pair of leggings I have with a pocket are from Lidl, and like that, you'd struggle to get a car key in it. The Nike stuff that I have has no pockets at all :mad: I just use a belt to hold my phone, but I hate it, and even it is nearly too small for the phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Oh and always, for yourself and others, wear proper support sports bra. Shock absorber well worth it.

Actually all my run gear have pockets that have been fine? I don't run with a phone and split up keys so can fit 3 keys, leap card and cash.

I only buy running pants with a drawstring and a pocket that will hold a phone.

My favourite are ronhill, but I also have really good pants are from Millie and Gym which I think is a lifestyle brand. I've bought them in the sales for <€20. I've bought Nike Filament capris on Sports Direct for €18 which are really good too. Asics are great but hard to get lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

aquinn wrote: »
    Oh and always, for yourself and others, wear proper support sports bra. Shock absorber well worth it.

Also if you can find one of those tiny little change-purses, it can fit perfectly into the gap of the shock absorber ... won't take a smartphone or even a card, but will take a few keys for the door and emergency bus/taxi fare. Veeeery secure compared to overly spacious pockets, or say the inside "pocket" of the Nike tempo shorts.

I'm talking something this size (with the keychain removed of course ...):
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Girls-Butterfly-Coin-Purse-Assorted/dp/B00FLRHHEE

Advertisement