Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photography

Options
  • 12-11-2015 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I have a problem that I hope someone can help with, I edit photos on PC but they never look same when printed or in digital format from laptop in camera club. (much darker/lighter) Is this a monitor problem or something else.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Sounds like you have nothing calibrated.

You can buy something like a Spyder to calibrate your monitor. Then, for printing, you need a print calibration. A laptop would also need to be calibrated, however, if you move a laptop screen then this impacts on the calibration.

So, start with what you can control - your own monitor and then look towards calibration for printing, but that always depends on the printer used. Talk to an expert who will do your printing about the calibration for that.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Prints in your hand and the same images on a screen will never look the same. Your screen is backlit and the images will look brighter than they are.

As Paul says you need to calibrate your screen and you need to make sure you're using the correct profiles when you're printing. You also need to work in the correct Colour Space (RGB, sRGB or ProPhoto). Printing can be a Dark Art.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Molly2013

My monitor is very old would I be better of buying a new one?

You may get a wider range of colours on a new one, but it would still need to be calibrated.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Molly2013 wrote: »
    My monitor is very old would I be better of buying a new one?
    is it a flatscreen or CRT?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Molly2013

Flatscreen

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭pwllor

it's a never-ending story, but yeah, start with the calibration first.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Niallfitz1

hi I have a cannon eos 1100 D camera and when I take a picture it comes out blurred I can't seem fucus and good quality picstures need advice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

It's possible the autofocus system is configured wrongly. I'm not familiar with the layout of canons, but it could be possible that you've set it to manual focus.

Niallfitz1 wrote: »
    hi I have a cannon eos 1100 D camera and when I take a picture it comes out blurred I can't seem fucus and good quality picstures need advice.

No offence, but have you tried reading the manual? Is your shutter speed too slow? Is there camera shake? Is your object moving?

Impossible to give a specific answer to a very general statement.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Can you post some examples?

Advertisement