Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venue for 22 to 32 year old's in Sligo??

Options
  • 12-11-2015 10:31pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Hi, just back from 5 years in Amsterdam, and looking for some good night spots around Sligo.

I've been to the Garavogue which is good and bad, depending on the night.
    One Saturday night it was great. The following Friday they had this DJ on that should only be allowed at teeny-bobber discos - just horrible music.
    Then they had a live band - which is just not my thing.

Coming from Amsterdam, I love deep house and electronic music, some R and B is okay too.

I know there are nightclubs about but, I haven't been to them yet.

Basically, I don't want to end up somewhere full with 17 and 18 year old's.
    Unfortunately I'm getting on now myself at 28, so, somewhere that caters to a similar age group?? (22 and up would be fine)

I'm sure it would depend on the night as well?

During the week is student nights mostly I would assume.

What are the age groups like generally?
    I see Sixth hosts some live DJ's that look promising but, again, don't want to be bobbing with a bunch of 17 year old's...

Anyways - you get the idea.

Any recommendation for venues/nights??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

Lillies
    5th on teeling
    TNC (where 5th is)
    Garavogue
    Shenanigans
    Swagman
    Hardagons
    The best time to go out to these places would be Friday or the weekend if that helps?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Only 3 nightcubs in Sligo : Sixth, Toffs and Velvet Rooms. Mainly younger people in each, the late night bars like Garavogue and Fiddlers tend to hold the older crowd. I say Sixth and Velvet would be the best places to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭booooonzo

Burbon bar on saturdays if you like house
    Faint also have a monthly night in 5th, up your street i'd say
    Garavogue have awful 'dj's' alright

Advertisement