Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens SPC 4320

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 supershipman

KoolKid wrote: »
    Can you confirm the zone type and the attributes assigned to that zone.?
    Atribute: just "Inhibit"
    All zones have "Alarm" type
    Just door - have "Entry/Exit" type
    Does the alarm do the same with any open zone or just that one?
    will check later today

What software version is on the panel?
    version is 3.6.6

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Did you get the system with this version of software?
    Has this problem alway been there?
    I would recommend upgrade to 380.

Did you get the system with this version of software?
    Yes
    Has this problem alway been there?
    just, discovered
    I would recommend upgrade to 380.
    can I have it, please :) thanks

I think I will need and latest version of SPC-pro ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

We are no longer allowed use Boards.ie. You have to contact an installer or Vanderbilt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,744 ✭✭✭✭altor

Atribute: just "Inhibit"

All zones have "Alarm" type
    Just door - have "Entry/Exit" type

Zone type alarm would be correct.
    Entry/exit for the entry/exit door would be correct also.

The attribute for that zone should not have access applied.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

We are no longer allowed use Boards.ie. You have to contact an installer or Vanderbilt.

For what,why !?

Copywrite concerns.
    All licenced installers would be given access to this software upon release & allowed to upgrade any panels that are available to them. So contacting a licenced installer or Vanderbilt is your best bet.

this is like with pc/console games with PEGI-18 is not allowed for children under 18 but they are playing anyway those games :)

ok, Vanderbilt comeback to me really quickly with latest fw including transactional 3.7

for the moment updated to 3.7 - but didnt have a chance to test. Didint updated to 3.8 because as I understood the 3.8 is working just with web connection, and not any more with "SPC-Pro" pc app ?
    is worth to update to 3.8 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭fergalom

this is like with pc/console games with PEGI-18 is not allowed for children under 18 but they are playing anyway those games :)

ok, Vanderbilt comeback to me really quickly with latest fw including transactional 3.7

for the moment updated to 3.7 - but didnt have a chance to test. Didint updated to 3.8 because as I understood the 3.8 is working just with web connection, and not any more with "SPC-Pro" pc app ?

Can you share contact details you used for Vanderbilt for getting 3.8 etc, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Very surprised by this.

• Advertisement

Glad to hear Vanderbilt have no problem sharing the software either.
    Unless you really want to use Spc Pro I'd recommend that you upgrade to 380.

fergalom wrote: »
    Can you share contact details you used for Vanderbilt for getting 3.8 etc, thanks

https://uk.spiap.com/about_us/contact_list.html

Glad to hear Vanderbilt have no problem sharing the software either.
    Unless you really want to use Spc Pro I'd recommend that you upgrade to 380.

Are you advocating manufactures support end users directly now?

It wasn't that long ago you had a hissyfit over another manufacture doing the same.

The manufacturer in question was upgrading panels for the end user. The same manufacturer who sent out a customer of mine free equipment and gave another wholesale pricing over the phone.
    We are talking about software updates here..
    Do Microsoft tell you to go back to your pc supplier to get updates.?
    Do Samsung send you back to Harvey Norman if there is an update for your TV?

The manufacturer in question was upgrading panels for the end user. The same manufacturer who sent out a customer of mine free equipment and gave another wholesale pricing over the phone.
    We are talking about software updates here..
    Do Microsoft tell you to go back to your pc supplier to get updates.?
    Do Samsung send you back to Harvey Norman if there is an update for your TV?

Lol.

You've become a parody of yourself in here. You lost your argument with boards regarding sharing copyrighted material and you just won't let it go.

Lol.

You've become a parody of yourself in here. You lost your argument with boards regarding sharing copyrighted material and you just won't let it go.

There is no issue with copyright if the Manufacturer is sharing their own software.

There is no issue with copyright if the Manufacturer is sharing their own software.

I'd imagine once the manufacturer is sharing it with someone then that would OK but if that person shares it then that's not ok.

You've changed your tune regarding manufacturers dealing direct with end users. Nice to see you're not as stubborn as we thought.

I never had a problem sharing software as I explained in my reasoning above.

I never had a problem sharing software as I explained in my reasoning above.

So, to be clear. You're ok with them supporting end users to upgrade their panels but not anything else? Are you serious? You have to be having me on at this stage.

I am OK with what's been agreed. That is that manufacturers have the right to share their own material. If you still have an issue with that then you need to take it up with others not me.

• Advertisement

I am OK with what's been agreed. That is that manufacturers have the right to share their own material. If you still have an issue with that then you need to take it up with others not me.

You're being deliberately obtuse and coming across like a bad politician. I'm not talking about copyright, I'm talking about manufacturers directly supporting end users. Something that is heavily frowned upon in the industry and you were at the forefront of that yourself and it seems you have rolled back on that as a way of rebelling against the copyright issue a few weeks back.

Can you please answer this question that I asked, just for clarity so I know where you're at with this scenario in the future.

So, to be clear. You're ok with them supporting end users to upgrade their panels but not anything else?

I am happy to go with whats already been agreed. If you want to continue on with the same old rows I'm not interested.

I am happy to go with whats already been agreed. If you want to continue on with the same old rows I'm not interested.

Another week another row - Hey?

There's a common denominator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

This is funny. It's not ok for HKC to support end users but it's ok for any other manufacture to.

Does everyone complaing about software updates go back to PC world for software updates for a PC, laptop or tablet or goto to Harvey Norman's to update the software on their TV.????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭kub

Does everyone complaing about software updates go back to PC world for software updates for a PC, laptop or tablet or goto to Harvey Norman's to update the software on their TV.????

Absolutely, if they brought them there, what end user of an alarm panel buys it from a manufacturer?

You are a funny man, not so long ago you were bitching about HKC supporting end users but it is ok for their competition to be doing it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Lads/ladies, as the OP, there are people getting help via this thread for the SPC 4320. KoolKid has generally responded pretty quickly to queries and helped me out in the past with other topics.

Can ye take your sniping & off topic issues to your own thread if you wish to continue bringing them up as it's very childish & growing tiresome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭kub

Lads/ladies, as the OP, there are people getting help via this thread for the SPC 4320. KoolKid has generally responded pretty quickly to queries and helped me out in the past with other topics.

Can ye take your sniping & off topic issues to your own thread if you wish to continue bringing them up as it's very childish & growing tiresome

The only issue there is KoolKid refuses to debate with us in there so sorry that it must be tiresome and boring for general viewing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

OK guys we are set on the copyright issue it's all cleared up now so if we all just follow the charter we'll be fine and won't need to debate it anymore.

• Advertisement

Hi,

I have a issue with SPC 4320, when I set to FULL SET and some of the area are open, the "alarm" is not stopping arming or asking me for inhibit area - but continue to FULL SET and then the alarm is going off.

How prevent this, let say beeping a warning on keypad, like cant go into FULL SET (if a particular zone/area is open) ?

Finally solved:
    "Bell on Fail to Set" - should be unchecked
    "Strobe on Fail to Set" - can be unchecked as well

Advertisement