Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malahide On Ice

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Of course now, if there is any sort of local disruption, be it traffic or behaviour, they will be skewered and it will never be back again. It would have been better to find a more suitable permanent home nearby and give it a better chance to catch on.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭_davidsmith_

I think with the beefed up security and split attractions between locations it should stand a better chance now than it did before.

Im just glad that i can walk to it in less than 2mins and its far enough away to not be mad noisy.

I can imagine anyone crazy enough to try park near it will have a hard time, but theres little excuse for that seen as the train is less than 5mins away and theres busses and all. Leave the car and have a pint after!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

The rink is ready for the water to be added and turned to ice

• Registered Users Posts: 11,885 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

The Christmas Kingdom, Malahide 2015 director on Nearfm https://t.co/jZr8ICrjWD

no criticism of his last minute and lack of planning

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

I thought the green was fine for this event and the shuttle train that was being run around Malahide would have dealt with a lot of traffic problems. The local business would have done very well out of it also.

The anti-social behaviour argument is a bit of a laugh. Do locals walk around blindfolded? Kids (U/18s) openly drink in that area most weekends and I didn't hear any residents kick up about that.

While the whole process lacked dialogue I hope it is a major success for the chap running it. He was very good I thought on the radio when I heard him despite been talked over he appeared to have all the issues covered. Security was a big issue and he had that covered with the site having security guards in place while the people moaning came across to me as "not on my doorstep".

Someone will always be discommoded with festivals or events

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

As a result from this experience Fingal County Council will be putting in place more robust arrangements for future events in the County

Good at least that FCC will learn something from this outing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

After all of that contraversy it looks like the Christmas Kingdom is a bit of a flop.

I've walked past it every day this week and only seen a handful of people. It seems some of the stalls don't bother opening anymore.

After seeing all of the Facebook posts giving out about residents, the online petition and the media attention - I have to ask, where the hell is everybody?

I genuinely thought it would be wedged every single day. What went wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

After all of that contraversy it looks like the Christmas Kingdom is a bit of a flop.

I've walked past it every day this week and only seen a handful of people. It seems some of the stalls don't bother opening anymore.

After seeing all of the Facebook posts giving out about residents, the online petition and the media attention - I have to ask, where the hell is everybody?

I genuinely thought it would be wedged every single day. What went wrong?

It's only open at weekends so you won't see anyone there during the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

eh i dunno wrote: »
    It's only open at weekends so you won't see anyone there during the week.

It's not, it's open daily and also in the evenings.. Maybe this is why it's empty all the time, everyone thinks its only open at the weekends?

I have to say I didn't like the look of it when it was setup and the green is most likely going to need a lot of work to get I back to the way it was, but I do want it to do well now that it's there.

I don't understand after all the think of the poor children media and petition, why is it empty all the time. Is it too expensive, lack of parking? I've gone down myself and spent a bit of money in it but noticed that no one is buying anything at it. On the other hand Starbucks is busier than normal and the new Donnybrook fair looks busy also so it can't be just because of the bad weather lately.

How far is the dart to the rink by foot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

cena wrote: »
    How far is the dart to the rink by foot

Not far. 500m approx

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Not far. 500m approx

Thanks. Just need the skates sharpened. Have a game tomorrow night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Turtle_

It was better in St Annes, hopefully it goes back there. A much better location - near to so much public transport and parking.

Advertisement