Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 8191.1

Comments

everlast75 wrote: »
    Trivially annoyed that I can't check on my phone to see if I got "post of the day" today :(

What's this? I didn't realise there was such a thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,292 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

What's this? I didn't realise there was such a thing.

On you computer, click the Boards icon, "what's new" and there should be an option for "post of the day"

Shannon757 wrote: »
    M.T Cranium did. Sorry:(

At least it wasn't a frickin weather forecast! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

On you computer, click the Boards icon, "what's new" and there should be an option for "post of the day"

I am TA that I cant figure out how to see if I have EVER won this.

You know your post has gotten the post of the day if a user called 'boards.ie' has thanked your post.

There must be a way to see if Boards.ie have ever thanked ones posts?

Once I figure this out I will be extra TA not to have ever won it!!

Menas wrote: »
    I am TA that I cant figure out how to see if I have EVER won this.

You know your post has gotten the post of the day if a user called 'boards.ie' has thanked your post.

There must be a way to see if Boards.ie have ever thanked ones posts?

Once I figure this out I will be extra TA not to have ever won it!!

What does TA mean? Totally annoyed? :)

• Advertisement

What does TA mean? Totally annoyed? :)

The clue is in the thread title!!

The clue is in the thread title!!

Tis a slow auld morning down here. I'll stop asking questions now :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Tis a slow auld morning down here. I'll stop asking questions now :p

And you accuse me of being in minus brain cells :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭22catch

I'm trying to loose weight and people keep buying me chocolates.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Joey Jo-Jo Junior

22catch wrote: »
    I'm trying to loose weight and people keep buying me chocolates.
    I'm trying to gain weight but no one is buying me any chocolates!

We could come to some sort of an arrangement.

• Advertisement

Those absolutely enraging FB posts - "let's give these ex-marines 100k likes" or
    "she's 4 and was born without arms. Don't scroll by without clicking "like" and saying "amen"".

I don't think you're making their lives one screed better so F**K. RIGHT. OFF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Those absolutely enraging FB posts - "let's give these ex-marines 100k likes" or
    "she's 4 and was born without arms. Don't scroll by without clicking "like" and saying "amen"".

That's a defriend straight away- family I'll stick them in restricted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭22catch

I'm trying to gain weight but no one is buying me any chocolates!

We could come to some sort of an arrangement.

I was given a huge box yesterday, which I'm palming off on my mother in law, you never know she might choke on one....well a woman can hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Childproof locks on bottle of vitamins... bought 7 as they are far cheaper here than where they are being sent to and had to take a knife to them, bits of plastic flying.. Big knife it was and A and E on a weekend is not the place to be. Rename the thread as TOTALLY annoyed? A little blood goes a long way and it is 50 miles to A and E...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shamrock2004

Either waiting for, or on a DART, and it's one of those small trains (2 to 4 carriages) and the thing pulls all the way up to the top of the platform while it's raining and you have to run after the thing. Anyone know why they do that?

I am soaking wet, and not in the good way :p

Also what the hell is going on today? I bumped into an ex-boyfriend in town today and another one just sent me a message.

That Apache pizza ad!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I bought a huge container of Comfort and just went to pour some into the washing machine,it poured out too fast and spilled out of the slot all over my brand new boots .Theyre suede and Im sure theyre ruined..FFS:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

mansize wrote:
    That Apache pizza ad!!!!

Dear god yes, was gonna mention that.
    A p- p -pache pizza we are happy to see ya, we are a happy pizza, we are a happy pizzeria, apache pizza puts a smile on your face, cause we're all about the base and we cover it in taste.

Colser wrote: »
    I bought a huge container of Comfort and just went to pour some into the washing machine,it poured out too fast and spilled out of the slot all over my brand new boots .Theyre suede and Im sure theyre ruined..FFS:(

It's medussa's ex boyfriend that needs comfort, not your old boot!

• Advertisement

Robsweezie wrote: »
    Dear god yes, was gonna mention that.
    A p- p -pache pizza we are happy to see ya, we are a happy pizza, we are a happy pizzeria, apache pizza puts a smile on your face, cause we're all about the base and we cover it in taste.

Make it stop!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

It's medussa's ex boyfriend that needs comfort, not your old boot!
    Typical male post,have you any idea what new boots mean to women,boyfriends come and go.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Watched The Martian a few nights ago, great movie. Was telling a friend of mine last night about it, and he had seen it too recently, so we discussed it. He then comes out with, "an amazing true story". "Are you serious" I said, "yes" he said. I then broke it to him that no one has ever been to Mars.

Typical male post,have you any idea what new boots mean to women,boyfriends come and go.:pac:

It's a fair point, well made. My wife has a pair of Doc Martens that she has had longer than she has had the current Mr Menas. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Low battery smoke alarm beeps! Saturday morning 4 am, it wakes me. Which of the 3 units is it? Standing around for another beep....still can't decide. I press the test on each and all are working. Then the beeping stops. All day Saturday not a sound from any of them. Sunday morning 6.15 the beeps start again. It takes 15 minutes but eventually I find the offender.

You could beep all day Saturday? No, that would be too easy.

Sorry about your shoes Colser, I hope they aren't ruined and that you can get the stain out, bloody suede. Shoes can last much longer than many a relationship :pac:
    It's a fair point, well made. My wife has a pair of Doc Martens that she has had longer than she has had the current Mr Menas. :(

My OH also has a pair of Doc Martens that she's had long before she met me, although hers have a hole in them which she tapes up with duct tape and she refuses to throw them out. I'm buying her a new pair for Valentine's Day in the hope that she will part with the old ones :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,021 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Ah Jayxis, weeds on the cobblelock.

It's like the Day of the Triffids. And I wouldn't mind, but I cleared every single weed off the dam thing, AND powerwashed it around beginning of October.

I'm getting that rubber matting they use in the school playgrounds. For sure. Would it work for a driveway? Probably NOT. Feck.

But it could work out the back garden patio that's also cobblelocked though couldn't it? Something, anything to get me away from fekkin weeds. In January. WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

A whole day of rehearsals has turned me into the Hulk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

I've eaten 1600 calories every day this week and managed to put on a pound. Exercised too. Damn hypothyroidism

• Advertisement

xLisaBx wrote: »
    I've eaten 1600 calories every day this week and managed to put on a pound. Exercised too. Damn hypothyroidism

That is so disheartening, I'm sorry to hear that :( Some weeks go like that though, you could lose next week, so try not to fall off the wagon (as I do when I'm disheartened!) Btw, if you're getting any way close to your Aunt Flo calling, then that will cause water retention thus weight gain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

My calf muscles are quite sore and I don't know why. I haven't even gone for a run since Friday. I was out last night but I wasn't boogy-boogy-ing. I think it's stress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Medusa22 wrote: »
    That is so disheartening, I'm sorry to hear that :( Some weeks go like that though, you could lose next week, so try not to fall off the wagon (as I do when I'm disheartened!) Btw, if you're getting any way close to your Aunt Flo calling, then that will cause water retention thus weight gain.

I was on it last week, I guess it probably didn't help. And also I tore my ligaments halfway through so it was only half a weeks exercise!
    Really want to be one of those fcukers who eat loads and stay skinny. Life goals :D

Oh jesus...

Oh jesus...

I look on those things as a stupidity filter. Anyone I know who shares or likes that claptrap gets unfriended.

I look on those things as a stupidity filter. Anyone I know who shares or likes that claptrap gets unfriended.

The passive aggressiveness is breathtaking...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Biting a peppercorn hours after eating dinner.
    It's always a nasty surprise.

My handbrake in my car.
    I'm sick getting it fixed and it's still not right.
    On a hill today and the bloody thing didn't do much in stopping me rolling back; I had to rev the engine and into first to take off.

Craving sweet things even after eating fruit.
    I don't care if people say fruit quells sweet cravings; it doesn't with me.
    Oh I'll have the banana or apple, but I'll still want the feckin biscuit too.

Fup off allergies.

Fup.

Right.

Off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Still sick but back to work tomorrow ;-(

Passive aggressive Bill thing on FB

In two minds about Basel Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Rhea Rose

Holland and Barrett staff wrecking my head every time I go in. No, I still don't have a loyalty card. And No - I don't fcuking want one!!!!!

Oh God, they drive me mental. I actually tweeted them about it and was told that 'all staff have to ask on every sale' and I'm here going 'eh this is stopping me going to your store'. I actively avoid it where possible now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Rhea Rose wrote: »
    Holland and Barrett staff wrecking my head every time I go in. No, I still don't have a loyalty card. And No - I don't fcuking want one!!!!!

Oh God, they drive me mental. I actually tweeted them about it and was told that 'all staff have to ask on every sale' and I'm here going 'eh this is stopping me going to your store'. I actively avoid it where possible now.

Do you also avoid Dunnes, Tesco, SuperValu, Boots etc??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

TA at my laziness for not cleaning up. Housemate knocks on my door this morning, forgot to sign some stuff that we have to have returned today. So we're chatting while I do it and then I realise there's two empty beer cans on my desk and a discarded Lucozade bottle on the ground along with the normal mess. Fairly sure he thinks I'm a bedroom alco now.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Mrs. Bap has started some sort of new Refloxology thing and she has to have some case study patients. I've offered my services.

So we done a consultation last night, she can't believe that I'm alive with all the ailments I have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Leaving the house half an hour earlier than usual but arriving at work half an hour later...because I had to take a fúcking bus instead of the luas. Come back Luas all is forgiven (even your greedy demands for 65k to push a lever all day) :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Come back Luas all is forgiven (even your greedy demands for 65k to push a lever all day) :P

Don't forget they also have the pull the lever.
    Best you know their tough job before you deride their demands!

:pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

rosie16 wrote: »
    Lidl have an offer today and tomorrow, half price dog-food, the stuff I usually buy for the woof. But it's all gone. :mad: I was hoping to cash in and make some savings. It's still pretty good value at full price but still. garr

Is that the Orlando one? I think it went down to 54c a tin? I bought 5 (:p) but was TA that I couldn't carry more :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

rosie16 wrote: »
    My calf muscles are quite sore and I don't know why. I haven't even gone for a run since Friday. I was out last night but I wasn't boogy-boogy-ing. I think it's stress.

Were you standing up in a bar for most of the night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Is that the Orlando one? I think it went down to 54c a tin? I bought 5 (:p) but was TA that I couldn't carry more :(

Yeah it is, I brought a bag and all to buy a 'few' :o. I usually buy 5 or 6 at a time anyway saves me having to go back again if I want to go to aldi (the dog prefers the lidl stuff ha). I could have went into sunday morning but I couldn't be bothered.
    kfallon wrote: »
    Were you standing up in a bar for most of the night?

Not for long really, I wasn't even out late. :rolleyes: So much for running up hills. Muscles are still sore today. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My face goes bright red when I drive and it takes at least an hour for it to cool back down. I look like a tomato.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement