Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 8191.1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

KatW4 wrote: »
    My boyfriend is cutting his fingernails in bed, using a Stanley knife and putting them into an empty bottle. Vomit!!!

Could be worse!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

TA'd that there isn't enough space in my apartment for a sex swing :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Medusa22 wrote: »

You can use mine;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

You're trivially happy when you play on the swings, then trivially annoyed that you haven't got space for a sex swing?

Guess it's...wait for it...swings and roundabouts really, eh Medusa?

Yeah, I went there, what of it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Theyre overated imo,I just use mine for drying clothes and the odd workout.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

maudgonner wrote: »
    Snail in your wellies.

Correction: squished snail in your wellies. :(

Or a tomato when barefoot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

An itch in the centre of your back

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Poochie05 wrote: »
    I burnt mine 2 weeks ago and it is only pain free now, it's awful, you can't eat anything properly for all the time it's sore :(

Theres worse things though, a burnt tongue from hot or acidic foods that make all foods and most liquids painful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

The slowness of this site is annoying me!

Not even worth posting half the time now

kfallon wrote: »
    The slowness of this site is annoying me!

Not even worth posting half the time now

I'm not noticing it too much at all. I dunno whether my connection just isn't as badly affected as others or whether my brain is significantly slower than everybody else's :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I'm not noticing it too much at all. I dunno whether my connection just isn't as badly affected as others or whether my brain is significantly slower than everybody else's :(
    http://b-static.net/vbulletin/images/editor/menupop.gif
    Definitely the latter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Definitely the former,mine isnt too bad either:pac: Im on the laptop so I wonder is it a phone v laptop prob.

Fook yis all so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Paying out good money for Wireless Headphones and they're absolute shoyte, hissing and buzzing. A pair of cheapo ear-phones for under a tenner are better than them. :mad::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Missing a sale and the prices go back up.

Leaving chips aside too long and they go all dry, the potato in them goes lumpy and they're fit for the dog/ bin. I left a bag of chips for about 2 hours, tried to microwave them, but no, inedible.

Starting my new job tomorrow, I'm so nervous :(

You'll be grand ffs, they are lucky to have ya! :)

kfallon wrote: »
    You'll be grand ffs, they are lucky to have ya! :)

Aww shucks, thank you :)

Maybe I could install a sex swing in the office.....ideas, ideas :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I was standing in a nice warm shower but almost cryogenically froze myself by accidentally hitting my arm against the tap.

Blinding pain in one arm while trying to stop the arctic rain with the other.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I put more sugar than normal in my morning coffee.
    I ploughed through, but it was tough going.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Best of luck with the new job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

WHERE will you be working?!

Maybe leave it till the second week?

Good luck tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Waiting. Waiting

Waiting.

I've aged about ten years since last week :(

Peregrine wrote: »
    I was standing in a nice warm shower but almost cryogenically froze myself by accidentally hitting my arm against the tap.

Blinding pain in one arm while trying to stop the arctic rain with the other.

You shouldn't be allowed to shower on your own, it's clearly harzardous, and I am more than willing to be your chaperone :pac:
    Eleysian wrote: »

Not in a place where I can install a sex swing without raising a few eyebrows (and other things :P) but me and appropriate have never really gotten along :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Eleysian wrote: »

Swings R Us:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

maybe not...:eek::eek::eek:

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/man-found-dead-on-sex-swing-by-son

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

James Nesbit's accent.

It's not your typical Nordie accent, which is bad enough as it is, it's just that little bit more annoying in every way!!

Yes, because there is only one, singular, all-encompassing Northern Irish accent, after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Trying my best to avoid the scones and buns in the restaurant in work. Fruit & yogurt just isn't doing it today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Mini eggs. They are my kryptonite, I just can't resist them, and they're back on the shelves till Easter, but at €6 a bag!! I will be so broke!

PayPal's customer service is fucking awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Trying my best to avoid the scones and buns in the restaurant in work. Fruit & yogurt just isn't doing it today.

You need to replace the buns with another carb, not fruit & yoghurt. Brown bread with a smear of jam maybe? Then have the fruit and yoghurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Looking at the idiot in his Bizquip jacket today in Aldi, Leopardstown Industrial Estate, coughing over everyone and everything. Fruit, Veg the lot, including his wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Boards....so .....damned.....slow.....feel ....like......superpowers......are......diminishing......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭wally79

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Boards....so .....damned.....slow.....feel ....like......superpowers......are......diminishing......

Its been back to normal for me all day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

When I try to log in to boards, it tells me I've tried to log in too many times and have been locked out, all day yesterday and 3 times today now too, grrr. (I'm running out of passwords)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My eyes. My eyesight is so bad that I have to have special contact lenses ordered in.

Also getting contact lenses. I don't actually want them but I will be in stage in 3 weeks so I need them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

TG1 wrote: »
    Mini eggs. They are my kryptonite, I just can't resist them, and they're back on the shelves till Easter, but at €6 a bag!! I will be so broke!
    How big is the bag, they're £1 in Tesco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Dust. Just that. The more you dust the more you see. Where the feck does it come from!

And the worst of all is, when the sun shines in the window, not only does the newly dusted room look worse than when you started, you can see the windows need cleaning aswell.

Feck all this housework thing, it is so unforgiving no matter what you do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Oh and every time, EVERY time I post, a double post occurs.

I have a pain in my........ holy fingers deleting the doubles. Does this happen to anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

razorblunt wrote: »
    How big is the bag, they're £1 in Tesco.

Ah no, you have to get the family size pack, the others are just bad value!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Oh and every time, EVERY time I post, a double post occurs.

I have a pain in my........ holy fingers deleting the doubles. Does this happen to anyone else?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=98500219#post98500219

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

Struggling to stay awake, I'm ready to sleep ... Must stay awake or else it'll be a nap and I'll be back to going to sleep at 2/3am. I stayed at a friends house over the weekend, the other side of the county to me. I made an appointment for a haircut for Wednesday. I only just realised it would have made a hell of a lot of sense to get it done on the way back from seeing my friend. Sigh, I'll have to go to the big smoke ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Felt a sudden ringing noise in my ears today. I googled tinnitus and came across a video of a woman wanting to end her life because of it :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Oh god!! I bought a box of teabags half price, opened them and stuffed them all into the.....

....teapot.

TEAPOT.

Half of them are now ruined! Damn my daydreaming. DAMN IT TO HELL.

TL;DR - I paid half price for a half box of teabags. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Had a bit of a freakout in regards to the ongoing trouble with the site's login problems.
    I got a "Too many login failures. Account has been locked, please reset password" message and I freaked as I think I have an unused email attached to this account. D: Nearly at the 5,000 post mark so the last thing I want is to have to make a new one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Had a bit of a freakout in regards to the ongoing trouble with the site's login problems.
    I got a "Too many login failures. Account has been locked, please reset password" message and I freaked as I think I have an unused email attached to this account. D: Nearly at the 5,000 post mark so the last thing I want is to have to make a new one!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Oh god!! I bought a box of teabags half price, opened them and stuffed them all into the.....

....teapot.

TEAPOT.

Half of them are now ruined! Damn my daydreaming. DAMN IT TO HELL.

TL;DR - I paid half price for a half box of teabags. :(

Someone here was wondering what was the best way to get a strong cuppa, I'd say yours would be the ultimate way... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Robsweezie wrote: »
    Felt a sudden ringing noise in my ears today. I googled tinnitus and came across a video of a woman wanting to end her life because of it :-(

Haha. I laugh because I've been there, and as a seasoned hypochondriac, I feel I can laugh at the absurdity of self-diagnosis.

As it happens, a year ago I, too, experienced symptoms which resembled the symptoms of tinnitus. And I, too, googled it and was faced with horror stories about it.

My symptoms disappeared after a week.

That was a year ago. All is now fine.

In my case, it turned out that the symptoms I was experiencing (echoes in my ears, ringing in the ears, etc) were one of the many side effects of coming off of a medication that I'd been on for a few years.

The point being that even though the evidence pointed to tinnitus, it wasn't tinnitus.

The cases that you read about when you google symptoms on the internet are the extreme cases and are therefore, by definition, very unlikely to ever happen to you. It helps to remind yourself of this fact.

And if anything bad ever does happen to you, well just remember that something worse has always happened to someone else and they've come out of it alive and kicking.

And if the worst case scenario occurs? Personally I believe that we all possess the ability to learn to live relatively peacefully with even the most chronic of conditions (although it may take a lot of work, but is at least achievable.) So try not assume that just because other people think their life is over due to a chronic condition that that means that your life would be over too.

So while of course you should always keep an eye on these symptoms, just make sure that you remind the anxious part of your brain to take a damn chill pill once in a while and to stop needlessly bothering you so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

New Home wrote: »
    Someone here was wondering what was the best way to get a strong cuppa, I'd say yours would be the ultimate way... :p

Surely leaving the teabag in longer, or just leaving it in full stop, is the answer to that "conundrum." Or am I missing something? :confused:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement