Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 8191.1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

miezekatze wrote: »
    I'm trying to eat healthy and lose weight, and have been carefully counting the calories for the last 2 weeks or so. I have not even lost a kilo yet. :( so hungry though, and all this talk about pringles isn't helping!

Sympathy on the hunger. But if you've been at it for two weeks and lost almost a kilo that's really good going? any more than that wouldn't really be healthy/sustainable.

And Pringles are yucky anyway, taste like poo. You really don't want any :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

semi important emails being sent to your junk folder. I never check my junk folder so it goes right over my head. I checked today though and there was nothing important there, but among the youtube and spam crap there were two or three emails that I would rather I didn't miss.

too much mayo on your burger/sandwich.

youtube ads buffering. ads are bad enough.

today I was in getting lunch and the man ahead of me was waiting on his. as he watches the lady make his meal and put the sauce in, he says ''a little bit more sauce'' no please or thank you, just demanding. I hate people like that at delis. ''oh too much, too little''. maybe im judging him a bit harshly as its not something I would personally do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Yeah I know the feeling. I'm craving the chocolates a colleague brought in last week but they're in a cabinet at the other end of the office, a cabinet I've no reason to go into unless I want to look like a greedyguts! I'll have to make do with my clementines....

Well, I went rather mad before Christmas when the big tubs of Roses etc were at 4.99 so I have enough for many months,. The irony is I have gone off chocolate..Clementines are good..

tippman1 wrote: »
    Buy why do we feel the need? Of course it's worldwide thing, not so much on forums though, as it is in Ireland.

Seems to be almost considered out of order to express any objections to it here if your post is anything to go by.

The most informative, articulate, constructive posters here never seem to feel the need to use swear-words either.

it is the blasphemy that offends. Said very quietly. But it really does, Other swear words less.

miezekatze wrote: »
    I'm trying to eat healthy and lose weight, and have been carefully counting the calories for the last 2 weeks or so. I have not even lost a kilo yet. :( so hungry though, and all this talk about pringles isn't helping!

Dieting makes you fat. It focusses your mind totally on food, especially the things YOU have decided are verboten.... When I stopped dieting I lost weight and eat what I like in small quantities and no problems. Grazing and not ever a huge meal works..PS Pringles are out of my cost range...Being on a very limited income helps too!

Drink water??

Ah that just expands the belly! Increases hunger..Give it time to adjust to smaller intakes. Avoid big meals.. I eat basically one meal a day. Three courses, breakfast, lunch and sometimes supper. Grazing works and is better than huge meals.

Some days get off to a flying start..The sugar bag burst as I was making my desperately needed first coffee.. then the milk in the small jug I had left out of the fridge curdled when I added it to the coffee... Think I will give up for the day..hardly any sleep with the LOUD weather last night...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Graces7 wrote: »
    ..hardly any sleep with the LOUD weather last night...

I was woken by thunder at 6am, was fast asleep grrrrr

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Couldn't log in for days! Kept getting a locked out message. The thank button on the touch site is still a bit f*ckety.

I had a dream last night - my apartment was on Kim and Aggie's "How Clean is Your House?" It's not THAT bad but I definitely need to sort my floordrobe :p. I also dreamt that somebody bombed Chernobyl.

My OH bought a 1KG jar of Nutella and I can't stop thinking about it! I might just grab a spoonful. Or a ladleful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I took a scone out of the freezer last night to take to work....defrosted but its a fooking burger bun.:mad::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Colser wrote: »
    I took a scone out of the freezer last night to take to work....defrosted but its a fooking burger bun.:mad::pac:

Well slap a fookin' burger in it so and everyone's happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

kfallon wrote: »
    Well slap a fookin' burger in it so and everyone's happy :D
    I cant..theres no burgers in the vending machine FFS:p I know what I will fookin slap though if you dont show some empathy kfallon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Day 8 and still no word. I'm dying a slow and painful death.

I also managed to sit beside the only crazy person on the luas this morning. She looked ok but soon as I sat beside her she started talking mubo jumo to herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Had an operation on my hand on Monday and it's still very sore. Hopping off painkillers. Can't drive, can make a dinner, can't play PS3. I'm only awake now as I didn't go to bed til 4.30am as I was watching The Killing all night.
    For only the 3rd time in 11 years I can't give blood this week. I've had 6 texts and 2 phonecalls from them, ( i have special rare blood). I explained situation with my hand, and they were very apologetic. Why ring a second time?
    Getting up now, trying to get dressed, then make breakfast, with 1 hand takes 10 times longer than with 2 hands.

Colser wrote: »
    I cant..theres no burgers in the vending machine FFS:p I know what I will fookin slap though if you dont show some empathy kfallon.

A bit of slap n' tickle? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭wally79

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    can't play PS3.

That's like a cruel joke.

Had an operation on my hand on Monday and it's still very sore. Hopping off painkillers. Can't drive, can make a dinner, can't play PS3. I'm only awake now as I didn't go to bed til 4.30am as I was watching The Killing all night.
    For only the 3rd time in 11 years I can't give blood this week. I've had 6 texts and 2 phonecalls from them, ( i have special rare blood). I explained situation with my hand, and they were very apologetic. Why ring a second time?
    Getting up now, trying to get dressed, then make breakfast, with 1 hand takes 10 times longer than with 2 hands.

Interesting challenge isnt it? Shattered my wrist two years ago..The worst was I COULD NOT KNIT.... Oh I did drive as when the local nurses paid an unwanted visit and I asked how I was supposed to get to my next appointment, they looked at the car and asked if it was broken. Was my right wrist so that was OK. Spent hours beading... Lived in nightwear most days...You will manage! Enjoy the challenge.. oh the interesting one was opening tins, Catfood and soup. You put the tin on the floor, hold it with your feet and pull the ring pull.. then grab it before the cat or dog does.. had to pay extra in LIDL for ring pull beans.. Good luck!!

Interesting challenge isnt it? Shattered my wrist two years ago..The worst was I COULD NOT KNIT.... Oh I did drive as when the local nurses paid an unwanted visit and I asked how I was supposed to get to my next appointment, they looked at the car and asked if it was broken. Was my right wrist so that was OK. Spent hours beading... Lived in nightwear most days...You will manage! Enjoy the challenge.. oh the interesting one was opening tins, Catfood and soup. You put the tin on the floor, hold it with your feet and pull the ring pull.. then grab it before the cat or dog does.. had to pay extra in LIDL for ring pull beans.. Good luck!!

Hope ye both didn't hurt your wiping hand...... :pac:

Hibernating...the day gets worse.. while I was cleaning the range, the wind blew the door open.. My two new rescue cats are not allowed out. The wee female cannot even be touched let alone caged for spaying.. Caught the boy cowering in front of the house but no sign of madam.. later, thought of the ring pull trick .. that sound always gets the cats to me... unfortunately she was upstairs and in her rush for food had to pass Bosscat madam.. loud cat fight.. But at least I know all my cats are IN... Waiting for the post now as my car insurance renewal is due and it is not going to be pleasant. May have to sell the cats, or the car.. been refused quotes on a 15 yr old car and being well over 70..The lowest I have is E600...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Had a couple of hours to kill yesterday in central London so plumped for the London Eye.

£23.50 for a 15/20 minute rotation on the eye. no way it's worth that.

that's almost €31, and I still had a spare 2 hours when I got off it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

... Waiting for the post now as my car insurance renewal is due and it is not going to be pleasant. May have to sell the cats, or the car.. been refused quotes on a 15 yr old car and being well over 70..The lowest I have is E600...

I imagine you driving a big petrol V8 Graces7. Please say you do.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I imagine you driving a big petrol V8 Graces7. Please say you do.

If I knew what that was I could tell you! Mine is a Susuki WagonR Plus in sunshine yellow and I love it dearly...My third Susuki and I would love another but they don't make them any more and the few on sale are nearly as old sadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I see RTE are pedalling their new spin-off show Bridget and Eamonn to be aired next week. Between that, the terrible christmas scheduling that included the Al Porter Show, Panti Bliss and over-saturation of Mrs.Browns Boys, their turning a blind eye to the "questionable" interviewing techniques of Tubridy and Darcy, and the general hames they made to Rebellion, they really are justification for paying the licence fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Menas wrote: »
    Maybe my taste buds are dulling with age.
    Or maybe Pringles have changed their formula.

But I dont get the yummy taste from the Sour Cream and Onion Pringles anymore....and that makes me sad!
    jimgoose wrote: »
    An off-license once attempted to charge me €7 for a tube of Pringles. Obviously I said you're 'avin' a fackin' (sorry, Tippman! :D) girrawrfe!

Pringles are poxy! There, I said it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Pringles are poxy! There, I said it.

Couldn't agree more, boss. Mrs. Goose likes 'em. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭franer1970

This sort of thing: We require for the PQQ submission the following: Three (3) signed hard copies (One (1) original and two (2) copies) and two (2) CDs

Is it really necessary to follow each use of the word for a number by its numeral equivalent? What the hell can "three" mean other than 3, the number?!?

Well, that is it. Letter arrived. My current insurers will not even give me a quote. So I have three weeks to find an insurer now.. :eek:They make getting old a handicap. Google here I come...

Well, that is it. Letter arrived. My current insurers will not even give me a quote. So I have three weeks to find an insurer now.. :eek:They make getting old a handicap. Google here I come...

Really? What are you driving? Mrs. Goose The Elder is 79 and has no problem in her '09 Feshty, although it has gone up considerably, like a lot of folks'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Had a couple of hours to kill yesterday in central London so plumped for the London Eye.

£23.50 for a 15/20 minute rotation on the eye. no way it's worth that.

Any of the Merlin stuff in central London is a complete and utter ripoff. No point at all unless you have the Merlin pass or the multiple attraction tickets.

Was in early this morning to do a software deployment and I am hitting the afternoon wall so hard right now...

You'll be very lucky to get insurance on a 15 year old car these days. There was a thread on it. I will try to find it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Any of the Merlin stuff in central London is a complete and utter ripoff. No point at all unless you have the Merlin pass or the multiple attraction tickets.

Yep, the whole ticket buying process was basically lots of in your face ads stating that the more you spent, the more you saved!!!

F*c* O*f

Here's that thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057551421

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

People who don't drink but go on nights out and silently judge everyone for drinking all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Parachutes wrote: »
    People who don't drink but go on nights out and silently judge everyone for drinking all night.

And people who not so silently go on and on about how great they feel the next morning after not drinking while I'm absoloutly hanging....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Parachutes wrote: »

Yeah, they're tools. But it's also a písser when you aren't drinking on a night out but get attitude from people just because you're not drinking.

Really? What are you driving? Mrs. Goose The Elder is 79 and has no problem in her '09 Feshty, although it has gone up considerably, like a lot of folks'.

'00 is my car... Knew it was going to rocket ,,lowest so far is nearly E700...most are knocking me back without a quote... persevering...has to be done but no idea how just now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

Similarly, when in a group there is only one or two non-smokers who accompany the smokers out to the smoking area because they do not want to sit alone inside then complain when a bit of smoke gets blown in their face or gets on their clothes etc.

Microsoft Windows Progress bars - that shoot so quickly up to around 60% that you think there is no reason to go and set about another task.

But then 60 to 100% takes an absolute AGE. But each time you think about doing something else it jumps forward 4 or 5% so you sit and wait.

And in the end 45 minute later it finishes - time during which you could have actually achieved something else worthwhile.

wally79 wrote: »

Thanks; there have been other threads on motoring and I have three quotes now. Just is finding the increased premiums. It is my age as well as the cars although I have 50 yrs no claims, no convictions etc etc etc http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=98521460#post98521460 Packing in for the night after trawling...

Microsoft Windows Progress bars - that shoot so quickly up to around 60% that you think there is no reason to go and set about another task.

But then 60 to 100% takes an absolute AGE. But each time you think about doing something else it jumps forward 4 or 5% so you sit and wait.

And in the end 45 minute later it finishes - time during which you could have actually achieved something else worthwhile.

The way Microsoft products manage to impede progress in all sorts of subtle and not-so-subtle ways is actually fiendishly and intriguingly clever. :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

'00 is my car... Knew it was going to rocket ,,lowest so far is nearly E700...most are knocking me back without a quote... persevering...has to be done but no idea how just now

Mmm. Mine is '99, and was €495 last year. I am intrigued to see what AXA will come up with this year. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

The way Microsoft products manage to impede progress in all sorts of subtle and not-so-subtle ways is actually fiendishly and intriguingly clever. :pac::pac::pac:
    Debian FTW, fuck Microsoft ;)

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Debian FTW, fuck Microsoft ;)

Indeed. I quite liked Fedora until some Segway-riding twit fucked it up with this "systemd" cockology.

Mmm. Mine is '99, and was €495 last year. I am intrigued to see what AXA will come up with this year. :pac:

I got an AXA quote through chill.ie for nearly E700. Feel sick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

People editing their duped posts to tell us they are dupes, instead of just bloody deleting the dupe. Why?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

My cat trampled all over the keyboard on my laptop and he locked my touch pad then he fecked off :p

Medusa22 wrote: »
    My cat trampled all over the keyboard on my laptop and he locked my touch pad then he fecked off :p

Wise feline!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

yet another delayed delivery with fastway. this one was bloody coming from dublin, shipped yesterday and nowhere to be seen today

i've no coffee at all now cos I'm waiting on these beans and I didn't want to buy any in the shop thinking they'd arrive today

i need my fix man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I have literally zero motivation for life at the moment. Actually none.
    Getting up is a chore. Work is a punishment. I just feel empty of everything.. Mostly of energy and motivation.
    I still haven't recovered from the Christmas period yet. It kills me every year, but this one has been the worst in memory which is ironic as it was the one with the least financial hardship for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I'm pretty good at giving advice but pretty bad at following it.
    Especially if it's mine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement