Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 8191.1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

TA'd that it's 12 weeks since I've been on my horse.
    TA'd that it's 12 weeks since I broke my pelvis and I'm still not walking without crutches.
    TA'd that I'm still taking painkillers after 12 weeks
    TA'd that I'm still not back in the office, working from home is not all its cracked up to be.
    TA'd that I'm still not sleeping full nights because I keep rolling on my bad side.
    TA'd that I was told it would be about 3 months before I was back to nearly normal and I'm not, as stated above!

Just generally TA'd today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

TG1 wrote: »
    TA'd that it's 12 weeks since I've been on my horse.
    TA'd that it's 12 weeks since I broke my pelvis and I'm still not walking without crutches.
    TA'd that I'm still taking painkillers after 12 weeks
    TA'd that I'm still not back in the office, working from home is not all its cracked up to be.
    TA'd that I'm still not sleeping full nights because I keep rolling on my bad side.
    TA'd that I was told it would be about 3 months before I was back to nearly normal and I'm not, as stated above!

Just generally TA'd today.
    That sounds more than trivial. I hope it doesn't drag too much for you either way, get well soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Graces7 wrote: »
    I got an AXA quote through chill.ie for nearly E700. Feel sick!

Oooooh, don't touch Chill. Have been more than TA'd by them since Sept / Oct. They can not get the concept of two drivers, two cars, two policies, two direct debits from two different bank accounts!!

Mr Sam and I have both been charged for both our premiums from both our bank accounts since Oct. We have cancelled all dd's to them now pending an investigation by the insurance ombudsman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

That sounds more than trivial. I hope it doesn't drag too much for you either way, get well soon.

Thanks! I think when you take into account that I was squashed by a half tonne animal and all I got was a broken pelvis and the fact that I have a job to go back to after 12 weeks the huge strop I threw today was a bit ott and a TA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

TG1 wrote: »
    Thanks! I think when you take into account that I was squashed by a half tonne animal and all I got was a broken pelvis and the fact that I have a job to go back to after 12 weeks the huge strop I threw today was a bit ott and a TA!
    I think you are a remarkably patient person. This is the wrong place for you. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

I have literally zero motivation for life at the moment. Actually none.
    Getting up is a chore. Work is a punishment. I just feel empty of everything.. Mostly of energy and motivation.
    I still haven't recovered from the Christmas period yet. It kills me every year, but this one has been the worst in memory which is ironic as it was the one with the least financial hardship for a while.

Um. I hope you're okay! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Windows 10: Message popping up every day about the free upgrade. I'm happy as I am and have no idea what troubles I'll endure if I go for Windows 10. Just leave me alone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

was looking forward all week to playing in the match tonight.
    5 mins in... injured....
    Out for a month at least :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

The absolute torture of sending a light hearted/humourous snapchat to a wan and waiting for it to be opened/THEN hope it's not taken up wrong :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

The absolute torture of sending a light hearted/humourous snapchat to a wan and waiting for it to be opened/THEN hope it's not taken up wrong :pac:

Get her laughing and she might take it up the wrong 'un :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

kfallon wrote: »
    Get her laughing and she might take it up the wrong 'un :pac:
    Careful, now! :pac:

TA'd that there's never any feckin' chocolate in the damn house! All I have to alleviate my sweet cravings is this bizarre concoction my mother made earlier- she SAYS it's a homemade Swiss Roll but it's closer to a weird French Toast-scented egg omelette slattered in jam and cream and rolled into a roulade.
    Tastes nicer than it smells but still... I WANTS ME CHOCOLATE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Speaking of Microsoft...... one of my favourite programmes occasionally crashes for no apparent reason and the dialogue box appears....... "The program is unresponsive,Microsoft is searching for a solution" or some nonsense like that.

This is going on for about five years and Microsoft hasn't found the solution yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Well?Is she laughing or what?

Colser wrote: »
    Well?Is she laughing or what?

She sent back a pic of her cat with bit red writing on the screen saying grr!

(Should've screenshot it)....il have to reply....I think she knows it's a joke like!

I have another young wan I'm friends with...il snapchat her to ask :-/

MY nose won't stop running. Hope I'm not getting a cold as I'm just over a chest infection. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Aldi seedless grapes.
    Cut them up for the kids lunch boxes and guess what they all have flipping seeds in them :mad: bloody tedious taking them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I thought I struck a bargain when I spotted 70 cl of Mari Mayan's Absinthe on the web for 17 Euro but got a shock when I seen the shipping tax for it, 27 Euro. That trivially annoys me, the only other way is to buy a flight to Spain and buy it there for 21 Euro at the airport shop. I went for it in the end as it still works out cheaper than buying it from the Celtic Whisky shop in Dublin. As I live in Galway would have to pay postage from Dublin so maybe another 10 or 15 euro on top of the price which is hefty enough.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

(Should've screenshot it)....il have to reply....I think she knows it's a joke like!

Dont overthink it tom..shes bound to know its a bit of fun.

Waiting on kfallons post when he sees the word cat:rolleyes::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I want to sneeze but I can't. Eyes watering, it's just there, but it isn't.

Is there anything more TA FGS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

People gawking/rubbernecking at ambulances as if they've never seen one before.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Windows 10: Message popping up every day about the free upgrade. I'm happy as I am and have no idea what troubles I'll endure if I go for Windows 10. Just leave me alone!

This will help you get rid of the reminders for good. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I want to sneeze but I can't. Eyes watering, it's just there, but it isn't.

Is there anything more TA FGS!

Next time it happens, look up into a light bulb and it should make you sneeze :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Context is everything Tom - what picture did you send her (I dare to ask)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

whiskeyman wrote: »
    was looking forward all week to playing in the match tonight.
    5 mins in... injured....
    Out for a month at least :(

I hope you're ok Whiskeyman and it isn't a bad injury and that you're not in too much pain :(
    everlast75 wrote: »
    Context is everything Tom - what picture did you send her (I dare to ask)

Damn you! I was just going to ask if it was a dick pic :pac:

I hope she took it the right way Tom ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

strelok wrote: »
    yet another delayed delivery with fastway. this one was bloody coming from dublin, shipped yesterday and nowhere to be seen today

i've no coffee at all now cos I'm waiting on these beans and I didn't want to buy any in the shop thinking they'd arrive today

i need my fix man

fastway is a swearword in this house and I refuse any purchase that does not come by An Post. Living in what they call" a remote rural location" means they say they cannot find the house. They even say that when It have spent half an hour on the phone talking them in. The end came when in my previous house a very nervous farmer and his wife arrived at my gate. Was I expecting two large boxes? fastway had dumped them over a gate into a field full of cattle and thankfully the farmer had gone to feed them and noticed the boxes. fastway had insisted to me that they had delivered them..oh and then when my IP phone died and they were delivering a new one, they demanded my phone number... IT IS IN THE DELIVERY BOX. An Post are brilliant. they know the house, know me and I have a lovely postperson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Medusa22 wrote: »

I'm sure she did.

McChubbin wrote: »
    Careful, now! :pac:

TA'd that there's never any feckin' chocolate in the damn house! All I have to alleviate my sweet cravings is this bizarre concoction my mother made earlier- she SAYS it's a homemade Swiss Roll but it's closer to a weird French Toast-scented egg omelette slattered in jam and cream and rolled into a roulade.
    Tastes nicer than it smells but still... I WANTS ME CHOCOLATE!

confession time! Got so frustrated with the insurance stuff last night I opened a tin of condensed milk and ate half of it with a spoon... will finish it soon..Irony is that I have abundant chocolate in the house and do not fancy it. Settled re the insurance after doing the old " worst case scenario"; cannot do anything for a week I am still out of range for renewal. I know I am going to have to replace the car this year so we shall see now. Maybe a rich millionaire will arrive at my gate? No? Ah well! Would love another of the same as I have now but how to get it checked before buying.. another day matter. Today is for resting and knitting etc... and eating condensed milk ;)

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Oooooh, don't touch Chill. Have been more than TA'd by them since Sept / Oct. They can not get the concept of two drivers, two cars, two policies, two direct debits from two different bank accounts!!

Mr Sam and I have both been charged for both our premiums from both our bank accounts since Oct. We have cancelled all dd's to them now pending an investigation by the insurance ombudsman.

OUCH! Thanks ...I never ever do direct debits. digiweb tried insisting and got informed and I pay each month, Rent is on a standing order.. All chill did was send me a list of quotes all of them above ones I already had. So they got binned... have to wait a wee while as I am still outside the time limit for renewal. Good luck with the ombudsman..

Aldi seedless grapes.
    Cut them up for the kids lunch boxes and guess what they all have flipping seeds in them :mad: bloody tedious taking them out.

Excuse my ignorance but why take them out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Samsgirl wrote: »

And they pester you with phonecalls if you get a quote off them. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I'm not annoyed at the moment but I will be as soon as I get into work. I won't be able to post on Boards because of the new security features. After entering the CAPTCHA code, an ancient version of boards appears with loads of features missing, like quoting posts, thanking them, etc. Even looking at it hurts my eyes.

How do I fix this? Go to IT and ask them to run some security measure to allow me to doss in work. (They like to know the reason for those sort of requests.)

I'm off to work...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Our daffodils started blossoming at the weekend only to get battered by the wind last night. The poor things are hanging on for dear life.

Aglomerado wrote: »
    And they pester you with phonecalls if you get a quote off them. :mad:

:P I never give a phone number to anyone; invent one on the forms... my phone i an IP sharing the modem with my laptop Interesting as I tried axa who were the cheapest they listed and it came out E200 more than chill said

I hope you're ok Whiskeyman and it isn't a bad injury and that you're not in too much pain :(

Damn you! I was just going to ask if it was a dick pic :pac:

It wasn't a dick pic....no zoom on me phone :-/

It was taking the piss outta her for burning her dinner (Long story) :pac:

All good anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

When you're parking in a relatively quiet area of a car park and you've the door open getting bags or whatever out, and someone pulls in right beside you. They don't pull in fully so they're staring at you to hurry up and close the door. F*ck off and park somewhere else and let me take my bloody time you absolute dope!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

When you receive texts from DHL reminding you of a parcel delivery, when you didn't order anything. Plus it belongs to someone else altogether on the other side of the country but put down the wrong number when placing the order. It's sorted now. :) But surely whoever placed the order then realised they didn't put down their phone number when they hadn't received any notification of their order being delivered today?

It was taking the piss outta her for burning her dinner (Long story) :pac:

Did you ask her if she fancied overdoing your sausage while she was at it? :P

Colser wrote: »
    Waiting on kfallons post when he sees the word cat:rolleyes::D

I just read back in the thread, saw "she sent back a picture of her cat", sniggered, said "Oh this is gold material right here!!!", saw your post and :(.....I'll leave it!

the weather.. the weather.. the weather... storming, wind, sideways rain and another sleepless night ahead.. cannot use ear plugs in case anything happens..was TA because I mislaid my only sewing up needle.. I have a heap of knitting work ready to sew up and send off for sale o that was irksome but FOUND IT..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Posters not using the multi-quote function.

They're probably just trying to boost their post count but it really affects the flow of the thread.

Also, waiting for something in the post that doesn't come. I wasted my time today and that's quite TA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

That is actually so vile. :O I'd kill him if he was at that.

I haven't been here in a few days. I'm just so tired all of the time.

I've had parent teacher meetings all this week and I spent the whole drive home yesterday crying at the thought of the horrible lives my poor kids have. I heard some awful stories. I want to adopt all the kids and keep them safe.

I tied my hair too tightly this morning so I've had a headache all day. I've also had no voice again and it is pretty hard to teach a bunch of hyper 5/6 year olds without a voice.

I've missed my favourite place for venting.

Currently, I'm talking to a lovely occupational therapist about possibly starting a new course this year to give me something to do and hopefully upskill me so I can finally plonk something down on the auld CV.
    The thing is: Whilst I'm hopeful that the course will help me out in the long run, I'm also getting jittery that it might be another failure so my trivial annoyance here is my own nerves getting the better of me!
    I can never never completely optimistic about these things- there's always an element of doubt and uncertainty. :(
    Also, I forgot to buy chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Being told the reason your engine went tits up was because of the diesel you used, damaging the injectors, and causing a blockage to a lubricating chamber.....hmmm, I've being using the same company for last 2.5 years, with loyalty card scan to prove it, wonder would they like to read the email I got from garage??

selous wrote: »
    Being told the reason your engine went tits up was because of the diesel you used, damaging the injectors, and causing a blockage to a lubricating chamber.....hmmm, I've being using the same company for last 2.5 years, with loyalty card scan to prove it, wonder would they like to read the email I got from garage??
    You can get your diesel tested....I have heard of oil companies/garages standing over paying for repairs to diesel systems

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

selous wrote: »

I would certainly forward a copy to them, and speak to a solicitor. There have been a few stories in the papers about some service stations flogging ropey diesel.

Not having a good day, I just want it to be over now.

Not having a good day, I just want it to be over now.

Awww what's up?

kfallon wrote: »
    Awww what's up?

I'm a demon today, I don't think anyone wants to be around me :pac: You should probably just drop some chocolate next to me and make a run for it to safety :p

I'm a demon today, I don't think anyone wants to be around me :pac: You should probably just drop some chocolate next to me and make a run for it to safety :p

Might even be too dangerous to try the drop off :P

I know the feeling, I was the same last Thurs/Fri, could have strangled any ould fúcker!

I would want to be around you! :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement