Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 8191.1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Medusa22 wrote: »
    I'm a demon today, I don't think anyone wants to be around me :pac:
    I would want to be around you! :)

Oi oi this is taking an unexpected yet quite sexy twist.......

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I would want to be around you! :)
    kfallon wrote: »

Maybe I just need Persepoly to butter me up with compliments :D

Trust you Fallon to turn my post in to something it isn't :p You got a mind from the gutter!

Maybe I just need Persepoly to butter me up

Now we're talking, Last Tango In Paris style :pac:

TA'd I can't find my gloves for football, think I might have left them in a mate's car the other night :(

Trust you Fallon to turn my post in to something it isn't :p You got a mind from the gutter!

And? What's your point? :confused: :P

Now we're talking, Last Tango In Paris style :pac:

TA'd I can't find my gloves for football, think I might have left them in a mate's car the other night :(

Well you definitely didn't leave them in O'Donoghue's anyway! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

You can get your diesel tested....I have heard of oil companies/garages standing over paying for repairs to diesel systems
    eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I would certainly forward a copy to them, and speak to a solicitor. There have been a few stories in the papers about some service stations flogging ropey diesel.

It's the same company but different stations, and I don't think it was (100%)the diesel, engine sounded different after the last service, Long expensive (to me) story, I had a thread on it, got engine rebuilt, it's still not right and I'm getting fobbed off now, and I'm getting R.A'd not T.A'd...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

My aunt was supposed to get her passport photographs done today. She PROMISED me she'd do it.
    Just got off video chat with her. Did she get them done? Nope.
    More than trivially annoyed- I'm fit to throttle her! She has constantly fobbed me off on this one simple ****ing request for the last two years. She told me "Oh, I'll get them done tomorrow morning!" but EVERY SINGLE TIME she has some ****ing excuse handy.
    The reason I'm so angry is because I have no-one else to travel with. I have certain impairments that require me to have a carer handy when I'm travelling so going overseas for a holiday on my own is out of the question.
    As much as I'd love them to, my mother and stepdad can't come with me due to lack of finances and my mother being a very nervous flyer so the buck passes to my aunt to take care of me if we ever get around to going to New York.
    Only problem?
    Her passport is out of date. You'd think it would be so simple to just get a new one but no, she has to drag everything out and make it a ****ing ordeal! I'm fit to scream! :mad: :mad:
    It's gotten to the point where I don't even want to go to New York with the flakey bitch but as I said, my options are limited.
    She KNOWS how much this trip means to me but won't make a ****ing effort to just get her damn passport in check.
    *tears hair out*
    And breathe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

McChubbin wrote: »
    My aunt was supposed to get her passport photographs done today. She PROMISED me she'd do it.
    More than trivially annoyed- I'm fit to throttle her! She has constantly fobbed me off on this one simple ****ing request for the last two years. She told me "Oh, I'll get them done tomorrow morning!" but EVERY SINGLE TIME she has some ****ing excuse handy.
    The reason I'm so angry is because I have no-one else to travel with. I have certain impairments that require me to have a carer handy when I'm travelling so going overseas for a holiday on my own is out of the question.
    As much as I'd love them to, my mother and stepdad can't come with me due to lack of finances and my mother being a very nervous flyer so the buck passes to my aunt to take care of me if we ever get around to going to New York.
    Only problem?
    Her passport is out of date. You'd think it would be so simple to just get a new one but no, she has to drag everything out and make it a ****ing ordeal! I'm fit to scream! :mad: :mad:
    It's gotten to the point where I don't even want to go to New York with the flakey bitch but as I said, my options are limited.
    She KNOWS how much this trip means to me but won't make a ****ing effort to just get her damn passport in check.
    *tears hair out*
    And breathe.
    If you pay i'll go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Shannon757 wrote: »
    If you pay i'll go.
    A kind offer but as I barely know you, I must politely decline.
    Over protective mother of mine would never allow it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Dog is snoring so loudly that I can't sleep but I don't want to wake the poor old pet...

Someone in this equation doesn't have their priorities right, and I don't think it's the sleeping dog curled up on his memory foam mattress....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Terrible when you go down to your local Xtravision to leave back the DVD you've had for a month, and you wish to pay the overdue fee, and their doors are locked

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I've got a cough again. It's a really tickley cough that just comes out without any warning. I hope I can sleep tonight because I didn't sleep much last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

KatW4 wrote: »
    I've got a cough again. It's a really tickley cough that just comes out without any warning. I hope I can sleep tonight because I didn't sleep much last night.

Heard about the vicks vapour rub inside your socks trick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Getting a v passive aggressive letter from your old boss. Fcuk off!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Not having a good day, I just want it to be over now.

Your wish was granted! ( waves magic wand and takes the credit ;))

D******d old lady bladder... Just when I am snug and warm and comfortable... Well OK, feed the dog and cats,, make a coffee, oh then there we go again.. THEN I have to start on the begging for help emails re the car, insurance, replacing it etc..This one will need major repairs in a few months and is not worth it. Seen a Susuki Wagon R same model and one I love, online that I can manage but need someone competent to check it and how do I get to eg Dublin...from Killarney, free bus pass but... ah well! Coffee!

McChubbin wrote: »
    Only problem?
    *tears hair out*
    And breathe.

I got mine done in two mns at a pharmacy. no appointment, just walked in when I saw the sign outside...E8 and walked out with them and the UK accepted them fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Automatic doors that take about a week to open

Oh I agree... it is a sheer miracle I have not seriously injured my face... Saying OPEN SESAME helps but I suspect many of the younger ones here will have no idea what that means...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Graces7 wrote:
    Oh I agree... it is a sheer miracle I have not seriously injured my face... Saying OPEN SESAME helps but I suspect many of the younger ones here will have no idea what that means...

The young ones will think you're mad if you say it out loud

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    The young ones will think you're mad if you say it out loud

I do , and they do! One spin off of solitude is a tendency to talk aloud in public..I try to whisper it though ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Graces7 wrote:
    I do , and they do! One spin off of solitude is a tendency to talk aloud in public..I try to whisper it though
    Any time I'm caught talking to myself, I say " you have to have an intelligent convention every now & then" :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I've always thought that talking to oneself was a sign of genius... and I don't think I'm ever going to change my mind about that. :D

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Any time I'm caught talking to myself, I say " you have to have an intelligent convention every now & then" :D

Or "Well at least I am sure of a sensible reply.."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,292 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Graces7 wrote: »

I tend to stop and wave my hand like a jedi.. then they open, and I walk through like a boss :cool:

New Home wrote: »
    I've always thought that talking to oneself was a sign of genius... and I don't think I'm ever going to change my mind about that. :D

Ah thank you!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

everlast75 wrote: »
    I tend to stop and wave my hand like a jedi.. then they open, and I walk through like a boss :cool:

If I'm in a hurry and don't have time to stop and wait for the doors, I often stretch my arms ahead of me... just like a zombie. I must make a great impression, but it saves me that extra couple of seconds.

Between that and the talking to myself, people would probably have a valid reason to worry about me. :p

Revolving doors on the way into hospitals... Who thought that was a good idea? I'm not the quickest on my crutches and nearly got swallowed on the way into one to visit someone the other day!

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

When you've been trying to hail a taxi for 15 minutes and someone comes along, stands a few meters upwind of you and gets the next one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Day 10.

Nothing.

What if I just never hear?

grundie wrote: »
    When you've been trying to hail a taxi for 15 minutes and someone comes along, stands a few meters upwind of you and gets the next one.

Sorry about that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

Waking up at 4/5 in the morning to pee. It's cold, I'm tired and I don't want to! But I won't be able to sleep properly if I don't. Ugh.

Breaking your nail really low down where it's still attached to skin and would be too low to clip, but it hurts like a motherf*cker if it gets caught in anything. My thumbnail is in this situation right now...it's just started to bleed a bit too :(

Didn't get a wink of sleep last night. The dog has a bit of a cough so I only dozed for most of the night as I was aware of the need to keep checking on her. Spent most of the night in a weird scrunched up position as she was lying in front of me with her head on the crook of my arm and I didn't want to disturb her. Then the "kitten" - 15 months but still mad as a badger, kept bouncing around the room chasing imaginary birds and butterflies and coming over to me for the occasional "kiss" (head but). She's so fluffy and has really long whiskers that tickle.

Then, heading out the door to work like a zombie and the two of them are there, curled up and snoring their brains out. :mad: :rolleyes:

tl;dr I spooned the dog last night :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Wearing trousers. I've been working from home all week wearing shorts all day.
    Today I'm in the office and I'm wearing jeans. My knees are crying out for some air.

My own indecision and other people's indecisiveness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Wearing boots with a low wedge heel into work today because I'm in a dress for the first time in about a month - even this low heel is making my pelvis and lower back hurt. Grr. Going to have to go try and buy flats at lunchtime.

Wearing boots with a low wedge heel into work today because I'm in a dress for the first time in about a month - even this low heel is making my pelvis and lower back hurt. Grr. Going to have to go try and buy flats at lunchtime.

This reminded me, I'm getting ready to go back to work after an injury and had to go shopping for flat shoes the other day, as none of my work shoes were flat. Then I realised I'd have to buy new trousers as all mine are long for heels. Then I realised all the flats are either really flimsy with no support for my dodgy everything or really ugly, and then realised I had to fork out 50e for shoes I will hopefully never wear again In a few months... It was a tough day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Pretty much the opposite here - I have 4 weeks to go to maternity leave and I'm really looking forward to not having to wear anything that isn't super comfortable...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

In a church for the first time in an age last night - for a removal - had to sit through two! decades of the rosary. Thought I was going to lose my mind at the repetition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

New Home wrote: »
    This will help you get rid of the reminders for good. :)

Even more trivially annoyed now because I can't follow any that. Is there a geriatric version?

I'll PM you, hopefully I can help. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,021 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

scdublin wrote: »

Breaking your nail really low down where it's still attached to skin and would be too low to clip, but it hurts like a motherf*cker if it gets caught in anything. My thumbnail is in this situation right now...it's just started to bleed a bit too :(

I stick it together with superglue! Works a treat and then it grows long enough to clip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Mudmask

Had two glasses of wine last night and woke up with an incredible hangover. I'm 22, I should not hang like this, TA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Narrow minded, blinkered idiots who think that the only world that exists is within their own limited bubble.

• Advertisement

Not a TA but here goes... dratted washing machine is dead.. No light on and no one at home... Have checked the fuse box and the sockets and it is " just" the machine. Will later try changing the plug... There is no power getting to the machine even for the wee green light. If i have to call the landlord he will not be a happy man. I though the machine was new when I came here ( 3 1/2 years) but the plug looks old so maybe the fuse has gone.. I rarely use it , only for towels and sheets. Ah well! Bitter wind out there; the utility is round the side and has its own door.

Graces7 wrote: »
    Not a TA but here goes... dratted washing machine is dead.. No light on and no one at home... Have checked the fuse box and the sockets and it is " just" the machine. Will later try changing the plug... There is no power getting to the machine even for the wee green light. If i have to call the landlord he will not be a happy man. I though the machine was new when I came here ( 3 1/2 years) but the plug looks old so maybe the fuse has gone.. I rarely use it , only for towels and sheets. Ah well! Bitter wind out there; the utility is round the side and has its own door.

Had the exact same thing happen just before Christmas, ended up having to get a new machine!
    Tho we did have the power light on but it would wash for about 5 mins and then stop!

I stick it together with superglue! Works a treat and then it grows long enough to clip.

How do you manage superglue with one hand! I always end up glued to myself anyways.. they use it instead of sutures don;t they?

Had the exact same thing happen just before Christmas, ended up having to get a new machine!
    Tho we did have the power light on but it would wash for about 5 mins and then stop!

The fact that here is no light on encourages me! Had a look at various help sites and no one has had that problem.. When I am feeling a little better will find a spare plug and change it.. No power light at all..I was sure all NEW machines came with a fitted plug and this one looks old but this IS rural Ireland..things get used and reused. Felt VERY clever taking the electric kettle in there it check the socket! Landlord maybe got hold of a used machine..he had a fit re the fridge freezer but I forestalled him and found a second hand one locally. The old one was ancient and when I asked how old he admitted he could not put an age on it.. the ark maybe? Rentals can be like that and as long as things work, fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,046 ✭✭✭✭bnt

A few guys at work have had a laugh at the "Squatty Potty" trend going around this month. If you don't know what it is: (a) good for you, (b) it's the ultimate "you're doing it wrong" claim: all of us Westerners are apparently hurting ourselves by sitting on normal toilets.

There's a company that will sell you an expensive piece of plastic to help you improve your sh!tting posture. Or ... you could just lean forward. I think I know, by now, the correct method for dropping the kids off at the pool. :rolleyes:

Ye Hypocrites, are these your pranks
    To murder men and gie God thanks?
    Desist for shame, proceed no further
    God won't accept your thanks for murder.

―Robert Burns

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement